Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dark Shadows Fans Here's a New Mashup by me. Updated 9.8.2018

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 2
Here are the characters I have been building for the DS series. As I say in the video Quentin is the only one I will not be doing any more tweaking on facial features (though I may work on more hair for him). (The only one I'm satisfied with). I hope DS fans like my Sims and see some resemblances to the actors. If they remember them. (Of course they do, lol). I'm still working on new hair and searching proper styles for them. All facial features of these Sims are molded by me, and no photoskinning of faces. Some of the custom content in this video is created by me. Like Vicky's coat, Barnabas' old jacket, Julias green outfits etc. Or retextured meshes of those who share their meshes to be retextured. Stay until the very end to hear a message for you. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAGbhAmxG58

Updated to add this new one staring David Selby as Quentin and Nancy Barrett as Carolyn and Melanie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFdFvUPx9RY
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• NubianOnyxNubianOnyx Posts: 33 Member
    @Cinebar I loved Dark Shadows. This is cool. Good Job! B)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thank You.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @NubianOnyx the second video I have added today is for you, since no one over on Youtube is watching them. lol ;) Seriously they aren't, they stick me somewhere in the boondocks with videos that have no relationship to my stuff when I go check my channel. Oh, well, I loved Quetin so i'm happy with the one I created. :D
    Here is the story of Josette in 1795 to be continued of how Barnabas became a vampire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g6RZFek-yg&feature=youtu.be
    edited September 2018
    Here is a new one back to the present time, 1966-1971. Hope no one gets confused, but DS jumped from present, to past, (several diff. times) other time bands, and into the future. This one is about how Megan and Phillip Todd will be possessed by the Leviathan people. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSA6O0DqEoo&feature=youtu.be
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    You did a great job recreating the characters, they look just like the actors. Jason is such a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (spoiler). He should have suffered a lot more before he died, in my opinion.
    Loved Dennis Patrick. He was very good in all his TV spots and movies at playing a bad guy. :D Thank you! But I'm always taking them back to bodyshop for more adjustments, and now creating my own skins and brows, wrinkles, shadows etc. for them. But thearpy to me! :)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited September 2018
    Oooohh! First time I've seen this thread! Loved Dark Shadows. Great job on recreating them! <3

My mom blames my "weirdness" on her reading Dark Shadows while she was pregnant with me. (Thanks Mom, you truly gave me a gift!) >:):D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Oooohh! First time I've seen this thread! Loved Dark Shadows. Great job on recreating them! <3

My mom blames my "weirdness" on her reading Dark Shadows while she was pregnant with me. (Thanks Mom, you truly gave me a gift!) >:):D

I have a few more planned as I work on Ben Stokes, Angelique, etc. and different time periods. Jumping back and forth right now between the family of the past and their descendants of the '60's while building more of the characters. Lol, that's funny about your mom. I think my weirdness derives from watching the show when I was just a kid. lol

We were so into that show, we put white face powder on our faces, and fake blood on our necks. We went to church like that one time. LOL...I wonder what the pastor thought. We did a lot of crazy things because of that TV show. Haven't seen the books around in years. Loved them!
  • KattarellaKattarella Posts: 4 New Member
    I love Dark Shadows! I still watch it over and over lol! I also built a DS house. But I’m kinda new to this new Sims and as soon as I’d finished all the work building the house, Barnabas & Willy were in the sunlight and burned up! Lol!
    I’ve seen other DS characters out in Forgotten Hollow, I wonder if they were yours or even if the game works like that.
    Anyway, I have already introduced myself, but I’m Kathy and I just can’t seem to keep my vampires alive, or even keep kids alive! Lol I’d love to see your video!
  • LadySesshyLadySesshy Posts: 1 New Member
    Awww, I thought you were making these skins available to download. I've been looking for skins for Dark Shadows for years and no one has never made them.
  • punkchica83punkchica83 Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh this is neat!
    LadySesshy wrote: »
    Awww, I thought you were making these skins available to download. I've been looking for skins for Dark Shadows for years and no one has never made them.

I would but some of the meshes are for personal use only. Though many creators state in their notes (included in downloads) to share freely for use in videos, stories or pictures or whatever and or even upload on our own sites with our own textures and not theirs, there may be a few things I wouldn't have permission to share or no longer can link back to any site since some sites are long gone. I would love to share some of them so others could play them, but I will have to replace some meshes (like some hairstyles) with my own when I get around to actually creating my own hair meshes. Some makeup says don't redistribute to anyone, so I try to respect that, but yes, I would love to share my own creations and textures but they are also using someone else's makeup or hair. And some default skins as custom that replaces Maxis lightest skin tone which I always felt was too tan.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    THANK YOU CINEBAR !!