Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited July 2018
    I can't help my self thinking, because @SimGuruGrant says #NotATypicalUpdate, we finally get back Sim Olympus format graphic like the clip below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    It might be new cheats but I still think their going to be talking about a revamped gallery. It's possible to get both.

I agree. I still think the gallery will have something to do with it.
    #Team Occult
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    I still hope they create an attraction system and maybe improve babies so they wouldn't act like objects.
    more swimming-pool interactions would be very welcomed and also I hope they fix how we can never match different curtains, couches, doors and windows, etc, thanks to the lack of color options they have :tired_face::unamused:
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,384 Member
    If it is just cheat codes, that's the lamest update ever. ugh.

We don't know yet. Hopefully it's both cheat codes and a new gallery.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

new gallery?

new gallery?

I meant updated gallery.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »
    So judging by that tweet, it seems like sethighestallowedlevel could be on its way back?

I haven't thought about that, but now that you said I really hope it is! I would love to have that cheat in The Sims 4!

What would be cool is if they let us have that cheats, plus be able combine venues so we can make some shopping centers.
    I would love to make my old TS2 vertical mall again, but I'm not sure what I can combine that would be useful and fun.
    snapshot_0000000e_35bdb577.jpg

snapshot_0000000e_d5bdc3ad.jpg

snapshot_b58d4260_b5d30792.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

new gallery?

I meant updated gallery.

thank you for clarifying. its after 10 and i'm usually off but i decied to make a sim couple just for fun and try differnt traits . ones i never use.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Helicopter car pool returns
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I must sleep for this. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Holiday wrote: »
    So judging by that tweet, it seems like sethighestallowedlevel could be on its way back?

I completely forgot that code I used a lot in The Sims 2 with the config/userStartup.cheat file :

setHighestAllowedLevel 16

boolprop constrainFloorElevation false
    boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
    boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false
    deleteAllCharacters
    setQuarterTilePlacement on
    unlockCareerRewards
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    It’s a new chair one can never have too many chairs
    I hope this update sneaks some body piercings in CAS.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited July 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is it really going to be an updated gallery for the influencers? Don't they already have influence with their uploaded lots etc. from their tumblr sites or youtube sites? Is this true?

No that hasn’t been confirmed, and I don’t see that as very likely either. The gallery needs to be overhauled, but I doubt the focus of an update will be on influencers. Why compete with established websites like tumblr and YouTube? Both of which are free to creators and can be monetized. The gallery can’t be monetized, unless that’s a new feature of the game changers program which would mean in-game advertisements for the rest of us.

If EA makes the Gallery an ad-based site, I am so out of there. I will NOT wade through a boatload of ads to access what is basically free content for Simmers.
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is it really going to be an updated gallery for the influencers? Don't they already have influence with their uploaded lots etc. from their tumblr sites or youtube sites? Is this true?

No that hasn’t been confirmed, and I don’t see that as very likely either. The gallery needs to be overhauled, but I doubt the focus of an update will be on influencers. Why compete with established websites like tumblr and YouTube? Both of which are free to creators and can be monetized. The gallery can’t be monetized, unless that’s a new feature of the game changers program which would mean in-game advertisements for the rest of us.

If EA makes the Gallery an ad-based site, I am so out of there. I will NOT wade through a boatload of ads to access what is basically free content for Simmers.

It's actually not free either as you pay for the game in order to use it.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    Well, we have just hours to go until the fog clears and we finally find out what all the secrecy has been about. But I am forced to admit I am very concerned to hear Orgin and EA are teaming up on a subscription service. I would rather see a Sims4 Store as we had in Sims3 than yearly subscription fees that allow subscribers early access to new games and packs for all games published by EA. However, I don't believe this will be discussed at length during the Live Stream. The Gurus will probably mention it but this stream is for the update and bug fixes for Sims4.

After reading tweets stating what we will not see during the stream I feel we will probably see an overhaul in the Gallery, an easier way to use cheats while in the game and various fixes for the bugs we are experiencing since Seasons was released. I could be wrong but I doubt we are going to see much more than that. This is being advertised as an update to an existing gameplay feature which means it is a base game feature and has nothing to do with any packs that were released after Sims4 was released. Using the Gallery while in game mode is a base game feature. And since the Gurus nixed just about everything else Simmers want my money is on a Gallery update, especially since Kate has been taking applications for Game Changers who are creators that contribute to the Gallery on a regular basis. I am looking forward to the bug fixes and an easier way to utilize the cheats. I'll wait a few months to see how the new gallery works to give an opinion on that. Giving these creators the name ' Game Changers ' is confusing to me. Yes, they are quite talented and I enjoy many of their creations in my own game, but that is the extent of how they change the game for me. In my mind, a Game Changer is someone that creates ways to change game features such as traits, whims, relationships, and enhances what we now have....in other words, someone who creates mods that give the game more depth and clarity.

I waved as the Hype Train went past my house but I decided not to take a ride. The early announcement for the Live Stream and update was clearly meant to incite the masses and allow speculation to run wild as they attempted to create 'buzz' for Sims4 at the earnings meeting EA held for their stockholders. It had nothing at all to do with marketing for the Sims4. This is all about EA needing to look good and keep the stock prices up.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I'm hyped. I wish for game feature as great as toddlers.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I hope this update sneaks some body piercings in CAS.

That would be fun ! I would like it if you could put piercings on teenage sims ans then have their parents freak out :D
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    If it’s a gallery update or something to do with an Origin subscription I’m not interested. I might just wait for the highlights to be posted on the forum instead of watching the livestream.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Lol the cheats tweet means nothing, it's a twitter joke

These types of things come around often on twitter just to let you know. The Sims team has tweeted a similar thing with a ladder before. This just tells me you're all overanalyzing a LITTLE too much.
    @MissKatieRose That's my point. I paid for the base game as well as almost all packs. The Gallery has always been considered free with free content created by members of the Sims community.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    At this point it's most definitely a gallery update that they're gonna walk us through. With the gallery being down this week for tests probably. Also, Grant tweeted (then deleted) an image of the new gallery UI where you can fit more screenshots for your lot, and comments have been moved up.
    Dg5AHK1U0AEBf9V.jpg

Hopefully they did some other, non-gallery updates as well...
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I mean, no matter what they do, patches are free updates anyway, so people shouldn't really bite the hand. But if it's a gallery update and nothing else, I think they would be better off not touting it as a surprise one week in advance
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I mean, no matter what they do, patches are free updates anyway, so people shouldn't really bite the hand. But if it's a gallery update and nothing else, I think they would be better off not touting it as a surprise one week in advance
    I think the concern is that they always talk about how they have limited time and budget, so putting their limited resources into a gallery overhaul seems like such a waste considering how many game-breaking bugs are still there...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top