Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Logic - (Amusing Anecdotes)

1234568...Next

Comments

• AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have household of two aliens, one merman, and alien/merman hybrid children full to the brim so needless to say there’s always something happening.

A regularly scheduled rant was going on (it usually autonomously occurs every few hours) and I think little Orion had enough because the moment he saw his dad bring out the megaphone he left to go sit in a dark room by himself to get away from the noise
    tumblr_paebyfNFLf1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_paebyfNFLf1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

Not to mention big brother Perseus being frustrated as well
    :D
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    My poor sim just can't win. She's WooHooed twice in her lifetime and both time ended up pregnant. Both times, when I see the nauseous moodlet she has had the wish for a promotion (to level 2 and again for level 3). I realize she is probably pregnant, check her job performance and rationalize that at least she will get her promotion before starting maternity leave. Nope, both time her job performance was very close to the top, but apparently not close enough. She gets the week off, striving to keep the wish for promotion. This second time, I'll probably lose it again to wishes for talking/walking/potty which would be worth a little more and realized sooner. Why couldn't the game give her the promotion. It's like the game bosses know she is pregnant and don't want to pay her increased maternity pay.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Think back to the last time you were pregnant yourself, and...oh, never mind. I have no idea where I was going with that. :/

Many of us use MC to take away those paid days off when that happens and reinstate them again much closer to or after the time of birth, especially those of us who play with longer pregnancies as those make the parental leave for many careers far too long.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited June 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    Many of us use MC to take away those paid days off when that happens and reinstate them again much closer to or after the time of birth, especially those of us who play with longer pregnancies as those make the parental leave for many careers far too long.

I get a lot of skill building done in those days off (both mother and toddler), especially the baby days, when I make sure the baby is happy, then leave it with the baby-sitter. I just wish, being so close to a promotion, that she'd gotten them. The bonuses would have bought skill books and she would have gotten the happiness points as well instead of cancelling the wish in favour of more imminent ones. It's mostly how close she got that irks me (yes, I've been doing crosswords in between playing). She is also taking care of the gardening, while building her gardening skill which will help when she goes back to work at the science centre.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @MadDoctor61 If your sim's job experience bar is at least 70% full (you can check with MC under intermediate>career>job performance), she can ask her boss for a promotion. There's no guarantee, but if your sim's above 90% and friends with the boss, it usually works. And it fulfills the promised wish as well. The only problem is that if the promotion in the morning, it sometimes messes with the sim's ability to go to work later that day, but with maternity leave looming, I guess that's not a consideration.

You can also ask for a raise first; I think the requirement is 50% experience. The last time I tried, my sim got a §28 per hour raise.
    edited July 2018
    My sim accepted the adventure "The Society’s Lost and ...Found?" to retrieve 'The Chilldean Insanity Relic ' from the Copper Quarry. According to my, just obtained, 'Tear of Horus' there is a new dig site on the surface I directed him to before going underground. While he was digging, one of the tag along sims "Jog in the Desert Air" received a phone call offering the same adventure which she turned down. The sim who accepted the adventure, made it down to the glowing chest, but the relic was absent. I hate when this happens. I wonder if it has anything to do with the second offer, even though it was turned down.

Update Edit:
    I tried to reset my sim. That didn't work. I cancelled the adventure, then checked the adventure board, including skipping one that I've never managed to complete, to see if the adventure was re-offered. It was. I hope the "In Search of Love" will still be available when I'm finished in the copper quarry. I'm cheating to get across the gap to make up for lost time.
    In an overstuffed (slightly, so far) house, my sim create a traffic jam when they each try to put their dirty dishes in the dishwasher. They all gather around the dishwasher, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and complain. Some of them put their dishes down. Some take them to the bathroom to wash them (I used an outdated self-made template for the kitchen with a cc-sink that I don't have since a re-install). I've added a second dishwasher, but they won't use it. It's driving me nuts that they spend so much time trying to get to the dishwasher. I just had a student skip school on a field-trip day because of it. Later, I'm going to have to deal with the parent dropping whatever tasks I had given them to scold them (for doing the dishes?) then wait till the scolding is done to let them off the hook (since they didn't really skip school, they were just late, unfairly). Sorry of the rant, but I needed to vent.
  • xteamppxteampp Posts: 16 Member
    When they choose a place to sit... sometimes my sim has to eat, he literally has got a sofa 3 steps from the kitchen, but he decides to run to the wooden table in the backyard. Weird. I don´t really know how the game chooses priority at choosing places to sit hahahaha.
    edited July 2018
    xteampp wrote: »
    When they choose a place to sit... sometimes my sim has to eat, he literally has got a sofa 3 steps from the kitchen, but he decides to run to the wooden table in the backyard. Weird. I don´t really know how the game chooses priority at choosing places to sit hahahaha.
    In some instances it's the comfort level of the seating, no matter where on the lot it's located. Some of this is trait driven, sims with the Loves the Outdoors trait for instance will usually attempt to eat outside. And sometimes sims want to be closer to other sims they like or further away from ones they do not or in a place away from others if they are a Loner.

And sometimes...we can't figure it out and the choices just seem random. :/
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    When I want them to play a guitar for tips and I make them walk to an exact spot where I want them to play. But they take the guitar out and walk to a horrible spot, facing a wall, and not much room for anyone audience. Smh if you just listen to me, sin, things would work out much better for you!
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

My sim cannot win a sparring contest. He has "Martial Arts Master" for his lifetime wish. I passed on the Dragon Cave adventures on his first trip to China (I'll take it later when he has some experience and is well on his way through the tournament). For now, he is helping out with the Miniature and just needs 3 Assassin Bugs for the honour guard (he can't catch those either (He missed three on the first trip but his wife caught one but left it at home. This trip he's missed 4 in 4 days, but the wife has caught 2 of them) He was assigned a lever 6 opponent when he was only a level 5, but he levelled up during the bout which he lost. I tried again and lost again. He challenged his wife (level 3) and lost. He challenged a random sim at the Academy, and lost. I noticed a message that somebody just got their first level and challenged her. He lost. There is one day left of vacation and he hasn't levelled up in the tournament. He can't beat anybody. If I didn't know better, I'd swear he has the 'Loser' trait. Time for him to sleep and try again tomorrow.
    edited August 2018
    My sim cannot win a sparring contest. He has "Martial Arts Master" for his lifetime wish. I passed on the Dragon Cave adventures on his first trip to China (I'll take it later when he has some experience and is well on his way through the tournament). For now, he is helping out with the Miniature and just needs 3 Assassin Bugs for the honour guard (he can't catch those either (He missed three on the first trip but his wife caught one but left it at home. This trip he's missed 4 in 4 days, but the wife has caught 2 of them) He was assigned a lever 6 opponent when he was only a level 5, but he levelled up during the bout which he lost. I tried again and lost again. He challenged his wife (level 3) and lost. He challenged a random sim at the Academy, and lost. I noticed a message that somebody just got their first level and challenged her. He lost. There is one day left of vacation and he hasn't levelled up in the tournament. He can't beat anybody. If I didn't know better, I'd swear he has the 'Loser' trait. Time for him to sleep and try again tomorrow.
    This sim needs to clone himself somehow and then challenge his clone. Do you think the contest will then end in a tie?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited August 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    My sim cannot win a sparring contest.
    This sim needs to clone himself somehow and then challenge his clone. Do you think the contest will then end in a tie?

His wife is working up to cloning but that's going to take quite a while. She's only on book 1 :) The way things are going, she'll clone the beetles before he can catch them.
    edited August 2018
    My sim cannot win a sparring contest. He has "Martial Arts Master" for his lifetime wish. . . . If I didn't know better, I'd swear he has the 'Loser' trait. Time for him to sleep and try again tomorrow.

Update:
    My sim went back to the Academy after chasing down Assassin bugs (unsuccessfully) and slept in his sleeping bag. His wife joined him shortly afterwards. When they woke up, they sparred again and he beat her this time. Maya Wa-ng (hyphen added to avoid censor) was practising and he sparred with her as well, victorious again. Adaeze Min, his challenge opponent dropped by just in time for another bout, which he won. Maya 🐸🐸🐸🐸, who was still at the Academy, was his next opponent and he won again. It took five days, but he is now at Tournament Rank 1 a primary goal of this trip. Oh, he was also aiming to gain a level 2 Visa.

Meanwhile, his wife caught 4 Assassin bugs, enough for the Honour Guard, one to donate to the Science Museum and one for their personal collection (to be cloned as well). Giving the bugs to her husband, he was able to complete the Honour Guard but is still a long way from a level 2 Visa. If the next trip is anything like this one, he won't make it then either.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    When I want them to play a guitar for tips and I make them walk to an exact spot where I want them to play. But they take the guitar out and walk to a horrible spot, facing a wall, and not much room for anyone audience. Smh if you just listen to me, sin, things would work out much better for you!

I have this issue too. Specifically recently I wanted to record video of my Sim playing his guitar outside the theatre. Every other Sim I've ever played with has stood out front facing the road. He turned to face the theatre and walked close to it before starting to play. I the only thing I could do was get a screenshot of his back. I didn't bother with videoing it.
    edited August 2018
    Now that the toddler's mother is back to work, a babysitter is there for the daytime hours. I make sure the kid is in great shape (because you can't rely on the babysitter to do anything) and send the kid to the pegbox or whatever to work on some skill building. Since the babysitter doesn't have anything to do, they go out and chat with the Gardener Service person. This means the gardener isn't gardening. Dad's been getting a lot of job opportunities to fulfil and I want his cooking/recipes increased (now that they've got a kitchen, just put in a dining-room but can't afford a table yet) among other things I want him to do. I wanted the mother to concentrate on teaching walking/talking/potty, but instead she is spending a lot of her time in the garden, doing what the gardener didn't. At least if all goes well today, I can age the toddler up and get rid of the babysitter. It's a shame he's messing with the gardener, because he has been a decent babysitter.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    Isn't that kind of fun when you set up a command for them and they cancel it right after? Can be a bit frustrating at times too. I know The Sims 3 is not being worked on anymore, but I would like them to at least patch that, and patch the issue with the chairs, there are times they will not wait for a sim to pass by the chair and will cancel the action, saying that there is something in the way.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited May 2019
    Not entirely Sims logic, but I thought it was funny enough to share.

When I was younger, I used to create sims based off of TV shows, movies, toys, etc. Here are a few funny moments I remember:

1. I created my furbies as sims. One of them got married and she and her husband spent all day raking leaves so they could try for a baby in a leaf pile. Just as the pile was done, the other furby threw the leaf pile away. I rage quit and deleted the save.

2. I created the emotions from Inside Out as sims. On Leisure Day, Joy got the “lucky day” moodlet. The day went well... until they all got home from the park and Joy promptly got abducted by aliens.

3. I recently found an old recording of me playing Sims shortly after getting Supernatural. I had created a family of fairies and was discussing how, often, school hours for kids and work hours for parents were back-to-back (Ex: 8-3, 3-9). I then proceeded to explain how I solved the problem: “Usually, I just... dEsTrOy ThE sChOoL!”
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    My sims can have romantic relationships and children with their distant cousins because the game can't recognize extended family past a direct connection and the first generation, and their family tree is huge. To simplify, my sim is free to marry and have children with her niece's son.

If Sims had reality TV, the family could have their own show.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    polrbear wrote: »
    No one wanted to ask my sim, Timmy out on a date...not until he was married.

Now the calls won't stop, it's like getting married somehow made him a hot commodity! All these different people, celebrities, normal sims, married and single alike, flock to ask him out. But not until he was married?lol

But these callers aren't smart considering Timmy is married to a superstrong vampire police officer who could snap them in two.

This keeps happening to my young adult sim daughters and their mother. 3 and 5 star celebrities respectively
  • AnakinCrywalker731AnakinCrywalker731 Posts: 26 Member
    Is it just me or do some sims get the urge to skinny dip A LOT more than others?? lol even ones without any self-admiring traits?? For certain sims I play on, it feels like every other wish I delete is that same recurring dream of skinny dipping in the pool and I'm like whyyy thooo lol
  • AnakinCrywalker731AnakinCrywalker731 Posts: 26 Member
    Also, how come every time I play on a different family and come back to one that has babies/toddlers, the babies are always outside sitting on the ground??! It's like some kind of ritual prank the game keeps putting me through lolol
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Also, how come every time I play on a different family and come back to one that has babies/toddlers, the babies are always outside sitting on the ground??! It's like some kind of ritual prank the game keeps putting me through lolol

You're lucky they are sitting or lying on the ground and not hidden under snow. Sims just do that with their little ones. At least they patched to stop toddlers from crawling away down the road and away from home on their own.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top