Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone really use the scouts feature?

Since Seasons have came out I realized I only have made my kids scouts once and that was it.

I guess it was bothering me they have to spend their weekend going to their scout meeting after going to school all week.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    I still use them, it’s only 2 hours they’re gone for. They seem to be autonomously be doing tasks around the house and little by little they earn the badge.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I think scouts is a let down as I was really excited for it and I'm not really using it.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    While I agree I wish there was more too it, but I always use it because my children are always bored on the weekends with nothing to do anyway so I love sending them.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I love it, because it gives my kids and teens something more to strive for and attain.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have a Sim that was perfect for Scouts (high achiever who wants to be great at everything) and it’s been fun making them do all the things for the badges. Really enjoying this feature and looking forward to using it in future generations :smile:
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I used it once with my sims daughter to try it out.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I love it, because it gives my kids and teens something more to strive for and attain.

But they don't care. That's what bums me up about it... no whims whatsoever linked to getting badges. I mean, whims are all we have, the least they could have done is TRY to make it a bit meaningful with new content...

And my Sims are ALWAYS late for it because I get the notification that it starts in one hour an hour late.. so by the time they actually go, they are late.

But yeah, I make all kids join scouts, I don't really work actively on getting the badges because it's pretty pointless.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I forgot about it and haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Yes I do, they receive a trait that makes gains in skills a little bit faster after earning all badges.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »

But they don't care. That's what bums me up about it... no whims whatsoever linked to getting badges. I mean, whims are all we have, the least they could have done is TRY to make it a bit meaningful with new content...

And my Sims are ALWAYS late for it because I get the notification that it starts in one hour an hour late.. so by the time they actually go, they are late.

But yeah, I make all kids join scouts, I don't really work actively on getting the badges because it's pretty pointless.

Yeah it seems like they really do not care for it
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2018
    I do, I like the feature. I also like how the game randomly enrolls some of the kids in scouts. It made Wolfgang Munch and his little brother Lucas scouts. At first I laughed, because Wolfgang seems like the last sim teen that would ever join scouts. But then I just went with it and used it as an opportunity to turn his life around. He's still a gloomy grump, but he puts that energy into his music instead.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @Cabelle1863 I guess Wolfgang's mom forced him into Scouting to keep tabs on his little brother.

I actually enjoy it -- gets the kids and teens out of the house for a couple of hours so I can concentrate on the older Sims, and gives me hope that we might see more afterschool activities like we had in Sims 3. Would be great if the activities could produce a random skill point once in a while, like an Art club could give a skill point in creativity/painting, or a teen cooking club a point in cooking.

One issue is that I never got the trophies for my Sim -- I'll have to see if it's the same issue for her twin boys. I actually don't allow the kids to join Scouts till they get at least a B average in school, for an extra challenge.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I do it's a nice extra thing for their weekends short meetings though I've used clubs to add more too.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Yup, I have them join the Scouts. If they can gain advantages when skill building when older, it's worth it to me to have them get badges for things like taking out the trash, using social skills, etc.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I like using the scouts as a way to help build the emotional skills that will then transfer over to when they become young adults. Especially the responsible and empathy ones. And what Sim parent can't use a few hours every weekend to do a few things for themselves? Even Sim parents need some quiet time with the spouse or to level up a skill for that next promotion. As a scout, the kids get an extra boost when they donate to a charity, volunteer, or go for a jog when feeling emotionally overwhelmed or angry. I think it's very cool some of the things they do as a scout carry over into other areas of their lives.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I’ve never remembered to use it but now that I can book summer vacations with the no school holiday mod I might use it. They can do that while there off
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I had a teen sim join scouts and earned a few badges. Now he’s a young adult but he still has the interaction on the computer for scouts, it says “Update Scout Pack Website”. I don’t like that.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I had a teen sim join scouts and earned a few badges. Now he’s a young adult but he still has the interaction on the computer for scouts, it says “Update Scout Pack Website”. I don’t like that.

Yeah that happened to my sim as well
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited July 2018
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Since Seasons have came out I realized I only have made my kids scouts once and that was it.

I guess it was bothering me they have to spend their weekend going to their scout meeting after going to school all week.

This is exactly why I only put one of my sim kids in scouts. On the weekends, my sim kids hit the park. If there has to be a scout meeting on the weekends, 4pm is not the best time.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    I've only used it on one sim so far. I started him out on it as a child and now he's a teen. I want him to get all of the badges, but I also want him to have a teen job as a Barista, and apparently, you can't do both, even though school, the barista job, and the scout meetings wouldn't run into each other. I think I'm going to have him achieve getting all of the badges, and then get him the barista job afterward, just so there's a sense of accomplishment in something for him. I don't think I'll have my girl child join the scouts, but that could change in the near future. We'll see. It's a fun little activity and it's a nice feature the team added. Especially if you don't own Parenthood like me, it kind of gives you more organization for the tasks your kids do around the house, for their health, and for the community. :)
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I was excited to see scouts added to the game but it was very underwhelming. I used it one time. I did not receive a book or trophies or anything after completing any of the badges including the final badge. I think the scouts were a disappointing addition to the game. Having said that, I still enjoy seasons very much.
  • Options
    Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    Kind of??? It goes well with Parenthood since you build the different skills.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I use it. I've been meaning to have my kids get out and about more and be more active, and scouts is the perfect motivation to have them do it.
    image.png
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I recently finished a legacy save and I was using scouts at first but I found that the kids weren't really in their lifestages long enough to achieve them all. I think I quit sending them to scouts about halfway through the challenge. None of my current saves have small kids but the next time I do and if I play with aging off or on long, I'll probably try it again. I would like to see them work towards collecting all the badges, there just didn't seem to be enough time with everything else I was juggling around with in that save.
  • Options
    ActuallyxAnnaActuallyxAnna Posts: 52 Member
    It's honestly one of the reasons I love seasons and for me there isn't THAT much that I love about Seasons, but it gives the kids something to do, allows them to level up their skills faster rather than me not doing anything at all with them on the weekends lol