Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any mods or ways to stop random townies from using certain skin tones?

So my game just LOVES to give random generated townies the black and gray skin tones that came with Vampires. I mean they never use the greens and blues from aliens. So why are these unnatural skin tones not blocked?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited July 2018
    I found this on reddit, it may help:
    http://simfileshare.net/download/378125/

I don't know anything about the Mod and have not tried it myself, so be sure and save your game before you try it.
  • voodoocursedcatvoodoocursedcat Posts: 11 New Member
    I need a mod where townies can't wear (custom) skin overlays or cc in general, bc they look awful with that
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I need a mod where townies can't wear (custom) skin overlays or cc in general, bc they look awful with that

You can use Sims 4 Studio to disable CC for Random. You need a membership to download the program but, it's free. http://sims4studio.com/

There is a batch fix to disable all CC for Random Sims. From the main page choose Content Management, Batch Fixes, CAS, Dissalow CC for Random

Or you can disable the Random setting on individual files by going into My CC and finding the CC you want to change in the list on the left. Then scroll down to the bottom of the menu on the right and you should see an option for Allow for Random. Untick the box next to it and then press the green Save button.

The fix only applies to CC you have in your Mods folder at the time, so if you add more skins later, you will need to run it again.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I'm going to second Sims 4 Studio. The batch fixes are really easy to use and it backs up your files so you can put them back if something goes wrong. It's also pretty easy to edit individual CC files. The site also has a bunch of tutorials. I know it's not as easy as dropping in a mod but it's not terribly difficult. It also allows you to enable CC for vampires and aliens that isn't otherwise available to them.
    moxiegraphix on Origin