Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm in need of some sims. Here's the post with the details.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi guy! Sorry for the delay AGAIN, but I was on vacation. But now I'm back and I'm bringing awkward romance in the form of Forget-Me-Not's newest chapter.

Chapter 29: The Plunge
    90iM2a7.jpg

It was time to talk. And to find.

I hope you guys are having a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Thank you for the prayers and well wishes.

I have to agree I am in camp headphones, I really need to get some over the ear ones because I often sim/screenshot at night when son finally goes to bed.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    How is everyone?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

hey does anyone know anything about making games since I need to understand what "Design flaw" would mean in context of a game? Like how far into development.

It could be discovered at any stage. Basically, it means that there's a problem in the planning of the game that interferes with it running the way players or the developers want it to. It can be something as minor as Sims washing dishes in the sink (choosing highest quality object, rather than nearest location object) or as major as a game requiring too much processing to run on normal computers.

It could also be an impossible puzzle or a decision tree that doesn't quite work out.

Think of anything that could make a game annoying to unplayable, and those could be the results of design flaws.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

hey does anyone know anything about making games since I need to understand what "Design flaw" would mean in context of a game? Like how far into development.

It could be discovered at any stage. Basically, it means that there's a problem in the planning of the game that interferes with it running the way players or the developers want it to. It can be something as minor as Sims washing dishes in the sink (choosing highest quality object, rather than nearest location object) or as major as a game requiring too much processing to run on normal computers.

It could also be an impossible puzzle or a decision tree that doesn't quite work out.

Think of anything that could make a game annoying to unplayable, and those could be the results of design flaws.

@CathyTea so if they need to talk to wheelchair simmers to fix the design flaw/chaneglle ?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@CathyTea so if they need to talk to wheelchair simmers to fix the design flaw/chaneglle ?

Sure. That would fit the context.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea on a different subject a "Back in Time" show which i mentioned earlier this week (A family gives up modern conveniences and spend a week in different time periods starting from the 1940s. (so first week 1940-1949, 2nd week 1950-1959, 3rd week 1960-1969, 4th week 1970-1979, 5th week 1980-1989, and the last week 1990-1999-My decade) the last two I haven't watched yet.

I have learned something about Canadian Immigration history and the impact it had on Multiculturalism. ( ie in the 1950s when I guess more Chinese people settled outside China towns, and opened up restaurants it was popular among middle-class families to go eat in those things. Well in the 1960s there was a huge wave of Italian immigrants which introduced Canada to Pizza and Pasta of course since Canada was sort of still influenced by Britain the 1960s home-made Spaghetti was a bit on the blend side unlike the Spaghetti of today which has a "bite" of garlic In the 1970s there was a huge way of actual Indians which gave way to Indian restaurants (so it's kind of funny how my Cousin K is half-Chinese and her BF J(?) is Indian so when they get married it would be sort of like the 1950s-merging with the 1970s.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @CathyTea on a different subject a "Back in Time" show which i mentioned earlier this week (A family gives up modern conveniences and spend a week in different time periods starting from the 1940s. (so first week 1940-1949, 2nd week 1950-1959, 3rd week 1960-1969, 4th week 1970-1979, 5th week 1980-1989, and the last week 1990-1999-My decade) the last two I haven't watched yet.

I have learned something about Canadian Immigration history and the impact it had on Multiculturalism. ( ie in the 1950s when I guess more Chinese people settled outside China towns, and opened up restaurants it was popular among middle-class families to go eat in those things. Well in the 1960s there was a huge wave of Italian immigrants which introduced Canada to Pizza and Pasta of course since Canada was sort of still influenced by Britain the 1960s home-made Spaghetti was a bit on the blend side unlike the Spaghetti of today which has a "bite" of garlic In the 1970s there was a huge way of actual Indians which gave way to Indian restaurants (so it's kind of funny how my Cousin K is half-Chinese and her BF J(?) is Indian so when they get married it would be sort of like the 1950s-merging with the 1970s.

That is funny! You've got the historical multiculturalism within your own family! :)

• Options
    edited July 2018

That is funny! You've got the historical multiculturalism within your own family! :)

Well I grew up with Mom making Korean Fritters (sort of like those little I want to say potato cakes, Jewish people make during Chanukah) and other stuff. Starting in late high school she kind of start to make curry dishes. Not to mention on non Turkey/Ham hoildays we order Chinese food (before sometime in the 2001, it was a different restaurant and for time in the current teen 2007-2012 when the owners (who aren't Chinese) sold and re-brought the business. But from 2001-2007 and from 2012-now (we mostly order from this restaurant-if it opened).

But it's interesting the fact that because in the 50s Chinese Food was becoming a fad among at least the Middle class-non-Chinese (but assuming still Asian) folks were influenced to open up Chinese restaurants and that's kind of reflected in our favourite Chinese restaurant the owners are Vietnamese which came to Canada in the 70s-I only discovered the restaurant history online 2-5 months ago)

My Paternal Paternal great-grandparents had a farm so during the the 2nd World War they were pretty well off (and also Great-Grandpa also was the Station master). I know my Paternal Maternal great-grandma (Dad's grandma) ran a boarding house. (No wonder-I want to go into Hospitality). My Maternal grandma her family was on the poor side (so poor that Grandma and her sisters were asked to help serve at a neighbour's house and one of them came home one day talking about bacon).

Not sure about Maternal Grandpa's side I do know they had a farm but that's all I know.

I guess one of my tasks as a writer is to make the term "Grandaunt/Uncle" be used for a grandparent's sibling instead of ("Great-Aunt/Great-Uncle")
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Hey! Have I missed out on anything? I've been gone for a while. Any stories I should be reading?
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Chapter 13 of The Underwood Decision is up!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Omg yes. Grandaunt and granduncle sounds so much better. I've been wanting to have that be a thing forever
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Omg yes. Grandaunt and granduncle sounds so much better. I've been wanting to have that be a thing forever

@Shadami "Great Aunt or Uncle" makes me thing they are one's grandparents' aunt/uncle not their siblings (ie one's parents' aunt/uncle)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Here's a new update for The Cuevas Story! We get some more info on V's backstory.

The Monster: Part 1

1.5.2.jpg
  • Options
    yippiekayayyippiekayay Posts: 35 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm new to writing about my sims life's. I wrote some small updates on the sims subreddit about my gameplay and noticed I enjoyed telling about my sims. I started a blog, but can't use the banner option and such because I'm not considered to be a full member. That's what you get for being a lurker most of the time ;)

Maybe it's a good thing I can't use the banner yet and/or link to my blog. There's not much there yet, but knowing myself, eventually there will be some sort of adult themes on it. Is that against the rules of this forum, I'm wondering? IF I ever make an adult themed post, I will always flag it as 'adult content' (talking about my blog, I understand that I can't post such things here) and never ever put an image/text on the front page of my blog that is explicit. Always a disclaimer that if you click on this chapter, there will be adult content. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea and the last thing I want is to unintentionally shock someone, or get banned for not following the rules because I'm linking to it.

So, before I start posting and sharing, can someone elaborate on how a blog like this is handled here? (Note: it won't be only adult themed, most posts actually wouldn't be, just sometimes a post/chapter that may not be for everyone - with as I said, a clear disclaimer. I will limit myself if I exclude it from my writing :smile: ).
    image.png
    Visit my gameplay-stories blog at: https://simagimary.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to writing about my sims life's. I wrote some small updates on the sims subreddit about my gameplay and noticed I enjoyed telling about my sims. I started a blog, but can't use the banner option and such because I'm not considered to be a full member. That's what you get for being a lurker most of the time ;)

Maybe it's a good thing I can't use the banner yet and/or link to my blog. There's not much there yet, but knowing myself, eventually there will be some sort of adult themes on it. Is that against the rules of this forum, I'm wondering? IF I ever make an adult themed post, I will always flag it as 'adult content' (talking about my blog, I understand that I can't post such things here) and never ever put an image/text on the front page of my blog that is explicit. Always a disclaimer that if you click on this chapter, there will be adult content. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea and the last thing I want is to unintentionally shock someone, or get banned for not following the rules because I'm linking to it.

So, before I start posting and sharing, can someone elaborate on how a blog like this is handled here? (Note: it won't be only adult themed, most posts actually wouldn't be, just sometimes a post/chapter that may not be for everyone - with as I said, a clear disclaimer. I will limit myself if I exclude it from my writing :smile: ).

I feel like it's okay to link to it as long as you don't post the actual contents of the adult-content chapters on the forum itself. :) None of mine ever venture into that (personal preference) but I know others who do and link there's and they don't have any problems. A disclaimer would probably be helpful for those who don't read that sort of thing. :)

Once you become a member then you can create a thread for your story. Let's people see your story and you can post your updates there.

Feel free to keep posting in here and discussing things with people (or go in the off-topic section and play some of the 'games') to work towards you becoming a member. It's 25 points (gained by others clicking like, insightful or awesome on your posts in the forum section) and 15 posts (in the forum section not activity) :)

• Options
    edited July 2018

@Shadami "Great Aunt or Uncle" makes me thing they are one's grandparents' aunt/uncle not their siblings (ie one's parents' aunt/uncle)

Exactly! I feel the same way!

Mom, dad ,uncle ,aunt
    Grandma ,grandpa ,great uncle, great aunt
    Great grandpa, great grandma, ??? , ????
    This doesn't make sense to me xD
    . Your grandmother's sister (or sister-in-law) is most correctly called your grandaunt. However great aunt is the more commonly, although inaccurately, used term. Likewise your grandmother's brother is your granduncle, or commonly great uncle.
    Gasp @MadameLee I just found this! They ARE granduncles and grandaunts. People just call them by the wrong name and it got common to do it the wrong way!
  • Options
    > @Bugsie2016 said:
    > yippiekayay wrote: »
    >
    > Hi everyone. I'm new to writing about my sims life's. I wrote some small updates on the sims subreddit about my gameplay and noticed I enjoyed telling about my sims. I started a blog, but can't use the banner option and such because I'm not considered to be a full member. That's what you get for being a lurker most of the time ;)
    >
    > Maybe it's a good thing I can't use the banner yet and/or link to my blog. There's not much there yet, but knowing myself, eventually there will be some sort of adult themes on it. Is that against the rules of this forum, I'm wondering? IF I ever make an adult themed post, I will always flag it as 'adult content' (talking about my blog, I understand that I can't post such things here) and never ever put an image/text on the front page of my blog that is explicit. Always a disclaimer that if you click on this chapter, there will be adult content. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea and the last thing I want is to unintentionally shock someone, or get banned for not following the rules because I'm linking to it.
    >
    > So, before I start posting and sharing, can someone elaborate on how a blog like this is handled here? (Note: it won't be only adult themed, most posts actually wouldn't be, just sometimes a post/chapter that may not be for everyone - with as I said, a clear disclaimer. I will limit myself if I exclude it from my writing :smile: ).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I feel like it's okay to link to it as long as you don't post the actual contents of the adult-content chapters on the forum itself. :) None of mine ever venture into that (personal preference) but I know others who do and link there's and they don't have any problems. A disclaimer would probably be helpful for those who don't read that sort of thing. :)
    >
    > Once you become a member then you can create a thread for your story. Let's people see your story and you can post your updates there.
    >
    > Feel free to keep posting in here and discussing things with people (or go in the off-topic section and play some of the 'games') to work towards you becoming a member. It's 25 points (gained by others clicking like, insightful or awesome on your posts in the forum section) and 15 posts (in the forum section not activity) :)

Thanks for your quick reply! This is good to know for a starter :)
    Also, thanks for the tips. If I'm correct, I already have the points, just not the posts yet. I guess I will keep you all posted!
    image.png
  • Options

Mom, dad ,uncle ,aunt

To me it really doesn't matter. :) Guess it's 'cause I don't know any of my great grandparents' siblings. I only knew my great nanna (grandma) and I don't know if she had any siblings as I never met any. Also, my family doesn't really use 'step', 'half', 'great' or in terms of cousins 'second', 'first' etc as it's just easier to say cousin. E.g is my mum's uncle. He's just referred to as my uncle.
  • Options
    Hello @yippiekayay ,
    Welcome to the story writing world. bugsie pretty much covered everything :) but I didn't actually catch which blog location you're using. There's a mix of them out there. Or is it still just on Reddit?
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Mom, dad ,uncle ,aunt

To me it really doesn't matter. :) Guess it's 'cause I don't know any of my great grandparents' siblings. I only knew my great nanna (grandma) and I don't know if she had any siblings as I never met any. Also, my family doesn't really use 'step', 'half', 'great' or in terms of cousins 'second', 'first' etc as it's just easier to say cousin. E.g is my mum's uncle. He's just referred to as my uncle.

It's coming up as a thing for me not because of my granduncles or grandaunts but because I didn't know what title to give my uncles and aunts for my daughters to use. It's bad enough that I had two uncle John's, if I couldn't get the title right they'd have three uncle John's just on one side of the family. XD but yeah for the rest step, half , removed, I just can't be bothered. I think my oldest brother is a step? And my other two older siblings are half? But i always just called them brothers and sisters.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Shadami
    Thank you!
    I'm using blogspot, as I'm a social media noob (I only have an reddit account, if that even counts) and blogspot seemed like an easy way to start. My nickname is usually Imagimary, but for my blog I renamed myself to Simagimary :)
    There's only one post there. I'm just telling about my current gameplay (just learned that is called game-driven) and trying to catch up to where I am now by sharing the background of my gameplay.
    I think I'm more of a narrator kind of 'storyteller', but that might change. I just discovered simlit for myself (I did read some stories a few years back though, and remember enjoying them!)
    Post edited by yippiekayay on
    image.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Mom, dad ,uncle ,aunt

It's coming up as a thing for me not because of my granduncles or grandaunts but because I didn't know what title to give my uncles and aunts for my daughters to use. It's bad enough that I had two uncle John's, if I couldn't get the title right they'd have three uncle John's just on one side of the family. XD but yeah for the rest step, half , removed, I just can't be bothered. I think my oldest brother is a step? And my other two older siblings are half? But i always just called them brothers and sisters.

That's fair enough then. When people have the same name it will get confusing. I have two brothers with the same name. xD One is my half-brother and the other is my step-brother. :lol: Also, my sister and my other half-brother's girlfriend have the same name. :lol:
  • Options
    Hi @Shadami
    Thank you!
    I'm using blogspot, as I'm a social media noob (I only have an reddit account, if that even counts) and blogspot seemed like an easy way to start. My nickname is usually Imagimary, but for my blog I renamed myself to Simagimary :)
    There's only one post there. I'm just telling about my current gameplay (just learned that is called game-driven) and trying to catch up to where I am now by sharing the background of my gameplay.
    I think I'm more of a narrator kind of 'storyteller', but that might change. I just discovered simlit for myself (I did read some stories a few years back though, and remember enjoying them!)

Also, @yippiekayay , if you have any major questions. Here's the link to the quick guide to simlit. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top