Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    I'd enjoy more traits or maybe more male clothes
    o5jNANX.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I am now convinced that it has to do with the Origin Prime thing since they will need some sort of overhaul to lure simmers to subscribe to it. Maybe they throw in a couple of new interactions in the patch or what have you but that won't be the focus of the stream, I am pretty sure they'll be talking about the new way things are going to work and basically it will be a sales pitch.
    I hope I am wrong but this is EA after all.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    What is wrong with the "old" gallery?

Why does it need a overhaul? I wish they'd just fix the game instead :neutral:
    2UFyFUV.png

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Maxis is changing their gallery name. Hint?
    edited July 2018
    vikixc wrote: »
    What is wrong with the "old" gallery?

Why does it need a overhaul? I wish they'd just fix the game instead :neutral:

Too many details missing. Also there is bug fixes coming with this update. Grant confirmed.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    The gallery is fine, they just need to add a LOT more search parameters (like, you know, 'show only content I have the EPs for').

But that's not in game though...

Either way, hard not to over-hype and I don't know why they didn't tell us anything in the first place. CAS, whims, traits... I'd take anything at this point...
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited July 2018
    Edit: If it is going to be on the gallery, I’ll be skipping the stream then. Thought they’d make a post for something like that, rather than make a livestream.
    The livestreams going to be on the gallery, guess I’ll be skipping the stream then. Thought they’d make a post for something like that, rather than make a livestream

We dont know that yet. The Gallery hasn't even been confirmed.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    Well if the livestream is just about the gallery, then that explains why they said not to get too hyped about it. I guess I will be painting all day Tuesday as previously planned.
  • esmeeraesmeera Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope that they will introduce apartments like we had them in Sims 2. Meaning we can build our own apartment buildings again ánd place them in other worlds than San Myshuno.
    I highly doubt they will have a feature update for one EP though, but a girl can dream right :smile: ?
    I want sims to face each other while dancing.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    I really hope it has nothing to do with that prime thing. That would be so disappointing.
    Otoyo wrote: »
    I really hope it has nothing to do with that prime thing. That would be so disappointing.

I seriously doubt it will.
    Just remembered SimguruKate said that the team worked hard on it are excited so I’m hoping that the gallery is only a part of it. They are doing a stream and I can’t really imagine a stream being focused on solely that.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Otoyo wrote: »

I seriously doubt it will.

You are probably right :). Also, I would love if sims faced each other while dancing.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    A gallery update is seeming more likely, but I'm still seriously hoping it's new traits and new aspirations for kids and teens.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2018
    Maxis is changing their gallery name. Hint?

Looks more and more like a platforms tie-in with an official Guru in charge of all.
    It would be nice to get a separate building app. like CAW was, for building though, with boxes to tick instead of hashtags. I always forget to put in all of them.
    Well SimguruGrant said this on twitter
    “See you tomorrow on Twitch. Again, we're excited, but don't overhype it. It's cool, but not batty.”
    Guess my expectations are back down to 0, and now only hoping they fix the bugs
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    esmeera wrote: »
    I hope that they will introduce apartments like we had them in Sims 2. Meaning we can build our own apartment buildings again ánd place them in other worlds than San Myshuno.
    I highly doubt they will have a feature update for one EP though, but a girl can dream right :smile: ?

Game updates are not for eps - they are base game because not everyone gets all the eps. They may add updates with fixes in them for when people have various eps - but usually an actual update - specifically one that gets a live play is something that will affect all simmers. The live play part could be just an explanation of what has changed, or how to use what they are showing - also it allows for players veiwing the info to ask questions or clear up confusion if there is any.

But I would never expect to see a monthly update and open session on Twitch for an ep addition.

They could add apartments like you speak of in an update to the base game - but it would have no bearing on whether or not you had CL.

That said I do not think that is what this update is about. I think what ever it is about changes something to do with the over all game in some way. Of course I do not have any way of knowing this any more than any other Simmer - so I can only make a guess just like any of us can do. I just know I definitely do not plan to miss seeing it tomorrow - one way or the other.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well SimguruGrant said this on twitter
    “See you tomorrow on Twitch. Again, we're excited, but don't overhype it. It's cool, but not batty.”
    Guess my expectations are back down to 0, and now only hoping they fix the bugs

Pff.. I don't even want to hear about this update now, I'm sure it's just meh. Why are they saying they're excited if we shouldn't overhype? They're so incomprehensible..
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I feel like they are trying to throw us off and have us think it's not a big deal when actuality it is. Or at least that's what I'm hoping they are doing.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

edited July 2018
    TheSims tweeted this today. I bet this is what tomorrow's livestream is about.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018

LOL - all I can see when I see that is - Peek-a-Boo.

then the cheat line...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Maybe we're getting new cheat codes
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hmm yeah it looks like a brick wall and someone peeking from and behind saying (ctrl/shift/c) So now I'm thinking it may be an update or rework with cheats which would explain why we lost so many during the Seasons patch.

Then again this can have nothing to do with the update haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top