Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
Hi everyone, this reading circle is closed. However @katrinasforest has continued it here on this thread.

Hi everyone, this is the New Phantasmal Reading circle, originally created by @StoriedStorm which you can view here.

Here are the current members and their stories.

@simscognito's Friends of Foes
Genre: Paranormal/Mystery/Political/Drama
Warnings: Violence/Death/Mild sexual themes
Synopsis: A teenage boy is thrust into the role of king when his parents and aunt are murdered by the infamous hitmen, the Sweglords, who have unfinished business with the secret organisation, His Evil Services. With the threat of war and the growing numbers of Sweglords in leadership roles, the new king and his friends struggle to stay close and to hide and maintain their friendship with one of the Sweglord's sons.

@katrinasforest's Clan Building for Dummies
Genre: Supernatural/Comedy
Warnings: Mild profanity
Synopsis: Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow have it so easy with all their premade houses and established families. But in a desperate world of empty lots, one man tries to put Newcrest on the map. Hmm? Yes, we KNOW it's technically "on the map." We meant in the figurative sense, and--oh, just read the story. Please? It has vampires! Vampires are cool... right?

@LillyDoves Of Myth and Magic
Genre: Fantasy? Drama? Romance? All three probably
Warnings: N/A
Synopsis: Uprooted from their high school in the middle of the year the Lockwood twins are placed into a strange new school where nothing is what it seems where they must navigate high school and the mystery of their origins. The two meet aliens, demons, fae and vampires who become their friends and foes.

@Firande's Xaos.
Genre:Supernatural drama
Warnings: My language is... foul. :grimace: Rated the story M for that reason mostly; there may also be some sexual content, but it's nothing Wordpress won't allow.
Synopsis: This somewhat legacy-styled story is interested in exploring one big question: what happens when an ensemble of losers and jackasses from all backgrounds and lifestates try to fit into a world that does not exactly cater to them?

@NyteRose's Bloodline
Genre: Vampire romance/supernatural drama/horror
Warning: Adult language, violence, sensuality, and sexual content
Synopsis: After a fight with her parents, young witch Melisandra Vatore meets the mysterious Vincent Morgan at a coffeehouse. Will it fizzle or be love at first bite?
Stars and the Sun
Genre: Vampire Romance/Supernatural drama
Warnings: Adult language, violence, sensuality, sexual content, and substance abuse.
Synopsis: Jasmina Chase is a young woman who dreams of becoming an author and has moved to Willow Creek for a new job and a fresh start in life. One night while relaxing with friends at a nightclub after a rough day at work, she meets Caleb Vatore, a handsome, charming man with a dark secret. Will sparks fly or just fizzle?

@rainbowwithfangs's The Eventide Legacy
Genre: Fantasy Drama
Warnings: Mild language and sensual themes
Synopsis: With her oceanic home in danger, the youngest daughter of the Chieftess of the mermadic Eventide Tribe volunteered to leave her home and come ashore to live as a Landwalker. Her mission is to bring about the change needed on Sulani Island to save her home and people from destruction. This story follows her adventures and her legacy.

This story is the stand-alone sequel to Stars and the Sun.

Members, please let me know if there's anything you would like me to change or add. :)

On Haitus: You're welcome to rejoin the reading circle anytime. :)

@poptarts_ The Asteria Narrative
Genre: N/A
Warnings: Adult themes and a bit of graphic content so I'd rate it a 15.
Synopsis: The story follows Adelaide Asteria in her legacy when her father throws her out to learn a thing or two about having to work hard in life. As a result, she's led to family secret after family secret and a bit of a pickle, to put it lightly.

Members who are currently absent: (You're welcome to come back anytime. :))

@simsostrange 's Fear and Foreboding in Oasis
Genre: mystery/drama/sci-fi
Warnings: 18+. Strong language and most likely no explicit sex scenes.
Synopsis: N/A

@undressyourbones 's Untitled
Genre : Vampire / Crime Drama
Warnings : Violence , Mature Themes, Suggestive Content and possible NSWF in the future.
Synopsis: Sheltered, spoiled, naive Jo Adler is forcefully betrothed against her will leading her to run away to take dominance over her life.
As the days go on, life seemingly goes against her every step she takes, causing her will to take control spiral into a dark obsession.
During her power struggle with life, she comes across a world that feeds her darker nature. Will Jo be able to keep her appetite for control
in check, or will her naivety be her downfall?

@BlackUndecimber 's Winter's Alchemy
Genre: Mild fantasy
Warnings: Very minor profanities
Synopsis: A legacy story of a family held together by blood, love and alchemy

So what happens in this reading circle is each week we spotlight a member's story. This is where the spotlighted author asks the rest of us questions about their story and we answer them. We can also ask the author questions too.

[links removed - EA_Leeloo]
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Thank you for making this!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Thank you for making this!
    No problem @BlackUndecimber . :)
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Thank you @simscognito. But why did you put it in the Sims 3 section and not Sims 4? Not complaining, just curious.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Thank you @simscognito. But why did you put it in the Sims 3 section and not Sims 4? Not complaining, just curious.

Sorry. New to this, I didn't know. :(
    edited July 2018
    @simscognito No worries :) I'm sure if you PM a mod and ask, they can move the thread to the Sims 4 Creative Corner.
    I have an idea for chapter content bouncing around in my brain, it's been there for more than a day now and it stays that long I usually run with it. It also ties in with the witchcraft touched on in Chapter 12, so I think it fits nicely with that and shows how desperate Lilith is to try to keep Caleb and Jas apart. Also reintroduces Varg's Tavern from TS3, seemed to fit as well.

Lilith goes to see Kenneth "Kenny" Rowland, a friend who's a bouncer at Varg's Tavern and also a witch. She outright lies to Kenny, telling him that Jasmina is using their bond to drive Caleb insane and asks if there is a way to break the bond between vampire and servant. Kenny tells her that there is indeed such a ritual but it requires not only blood from both master and servant but the master's participation. Lilith is thwarted- she knows Caleb will never willingly partake in such a ritual, so she either has to force or trick him somehow. Kenny warns her that performing such a ritual could have dire consequences for the ones whom the bond is being broken- from insanity to death to anything in between. Lilith again lies, telling him that she has no choice but to do this, and brings him to the siblings' home in Forgotten Hollow. Kenny, being a witch, is able to "see" the vampire community despite its magical shield against human eyes. Only witches and other supernatural creatures, as well as the human servants of vampires, are the only ones able to see the town.
    Caleb is at home composing on the piano but immediately senses that something is amiss in the house. The living room has been rearranged and turned into a makeshift ritual space. He begins to feel strange and disconnected and asks what is happening. Lilith replies that she is simply doing something that should have been done months before- and continues the ritual. Caleb yells at her that if she continues, she'll kill him and Jasmina both- they have become fully bonded body and soul by this point, Jas is a full human servant. Kenny tries to stop her but the damage has already been done. Caleb's last word is Jasmina's name- he has felt her fall into a coma as their bond is ripped asunder. He falls to the floor in a magically induced coma, but his spirit isn't in his body...
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    I've managed to catch up to everyone's writing! I'll put my reactions in spoiler tags just in case...

@Simscognito
    So, my thoughts on the latest chapters and how it affects the Alex-is-hallucinating theory: The story is written in a way that makes us believe the family gathering in the afterlife is real. I guess it's up to each of us to decide whether or not it's being deliberately misleading! xD That aside, I love how family minded Talula is.
    Also: I KNEW this secret Halex thing wouldn't last. Though I have to say, I laughed at Henry's dad's reaction. 'Keep away from my son' and 'You're no son of mine' contradicts. Make up your mind!

@undressyourbones
    Such an interesting start to the story! I love your take on the 'kleptomaniac' trait. Jo is so naive though and I worry for her. Especially with her shady boss...

@NyteRose
    I'm so excited to see where the plot will go with Alexander Goth! Will it be running alongside the Lilith-puts-Caleb-in-a-coma plot? (Gosh, Lilith.) Random aside but I like how there are male witches in your story. I was sick of them being exclusively females, since it's not supposed to be a gendered word, is it?

@simsostrange I went on your blog and your story seems to be password protected? I'm going to guess it's a work in progress but sorry if I'm missing something xD
    @BlackUndecimber I'm struggling with writing out the new chapter since I'm not sure where to take it, but the whole Alexander Goth/Caleb in a coma plotlines run separately. Though the coma stuff does have a tie-in with revelations about Alessandra and Caleb and Jas getting back together.
    As for witches, they've always been female historically but in Paganism and Wicca the word 'witch' is used for both male and female practitioners. In my story, witches created the first vampire (Vlad) through a curse, and are the first vampire hunters. They later taught humans and other supernaturals to be hunters as well, and human-vampire hybrids are a true rarity and shunned by both the human and supernatural worlds alike.
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone. Bringing you an update from Friends of Foes

@BlackUndecimber thanks for the feedback. :)
    Hehe, I won't say too much about the hallucination theory, but you make some interesting points. :joy: As for Talula, yeah, she has a lot of regrets regarding her treatment of Oak.
    I know, I'm literally crying. I didn't want to break Halex up. :bawling:

edited July 2018
    Okay, I have the first page or so of the next chapter written out but I'm not sure where to run with it. Not sure where I should post to ask for ideas and feedback, and I don't want to post an unfinished chapter to my blog, so I'll just post what I have here and see what ideas/feedback I can get. :) Screennames are as follows:
    Summer- RainyDayz
    Seabreeze96- Jasmina
    Caleb- Brooding_Darkness

Jasmina sat staring at the blank page on the computer screen, uninspired and frustrated but needing to make up for lost time on the deadline that was due in less than a week. Depression had caused her job performance to suffer; concentration came hard or not at all and she was irritable and snappy with coworkers. Her fingers brushed the keyboard but there was no spark of creativity, no words flowed onto the screen. An instant message from Summer popped up onscreen.

RainyDayz: Hey! Are you busy?
    Seabreeze96: Hi. Have a deadline and trying to work, but nothing’s coming. What’s up?
    RainyDayz: Not much. When’s the deadline? Do you want me to go away so you can work?
    Seabreeze96: Less than a week. And no, don’t go.
    RainyDayz: Are you okay? I’m all ears if you want to talk.
    Seabreeze96: I just...I just really miss…
    RainyDayz: Yeah. You still miss that jerk?! Why for f**k’s sake? What’s so great about him that you’re still obsessing over him? Did you sleep with him?

Jasmina clicked the window closed and signed out of Simhoo, anger, and sadness churning inside her. If I tell Summer the truth, she’ll think I’m crazy. The doorbell- she’d finally gotten around to replacing the broken one- rang. She went up the front and pulled back the curtain slightly to peek out the window. Wylie waited outside the door. Not him again. Not in the mood for his s**t. He wore a black jersey, jeans with the knees gone, and hi-top sneakers. A pair of mirror shades were pushed back on his head. The doorbell rang again. She slid the curtain back into place and ignored him, hoping that he would take the hint and leave. Wylie had been showing up at the house two or three times a month since he’d seen her at the nightclub but now he was coming by almost every day for a little over a week. Ten more minutes passed before Wylie gave up and rode off on his motorcycle. Jasmina sighed with relief and returned to the bedroom, sitting down at the computer once more. She signed back into Simhoo, despite knowing that she really needed to get to work on her assignment and scanned her short buddy list. Most of her friends were offline but Caleb was online. Her heart pounded. Do I dare send him a message after all this time? Will he answer? Before she could make a decision one way or another, a chat box appeared on the screen. A rose emoticon preceded the message.

Brooding_Darkness: Hello.
    Seabreeze96: I miss you so much.

The words, backed by raw emotion had poured out of her as she fought the tears that threatened to fall. Her fingers danced over the keyboard as another line of text came onscreen.

Brooding_Darkness: I know. I miss you more than words can ever express.
    Brooding_Darkness: Do you want to see me?
    Seabreeze96: You mean like hang out or?
    Brooding_Darkness: That would be unwise. But…

An invitation to view his webcam popped up. She clicked the “accept” button and waited excitedly as the connection loaded. Load faster, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it! The window blinked to life, and the image of a bedroom came into view. Candle flames danced in the darkness, and there was movement in the periphery of the camera. A minute later Caleb appeared and waved. A message popped up, followed by the cam shaking.

Brooding_Darkness: Taking you over to the bed. Be just a couple of minutes. And get your mind out of the gutter.
    Seabreeze96: Well, put a shirt on if you don’t want to be looked at. But I’m enjoying the view.

My brain shut down after this point. :D Help please.
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Okay, I have the first page or so of the next chapter written out but I'm not sure where to run with it. Not sure where I should post to ask for ideas and feedback, and I don't want to post an unfinished chapter to my blog, so I'll just post what I have here and see what ideas/feedback I can get. :) Screennames are as follows:
    Summer- RainyDayz
    Seabreeze96- Jasmina
    Caleb- Brooding_Darkness

Jasmina sat staring at the blank page on the computer screen, uninspired and frustrated but needing to make up for lost time on the deadline that was due in less than a week. Depression had caused her job performance to suffer; concentration came hard or not at all and she was irritable and snappy with coworkers. Her fingers brushed the keyboard but there was no spark of creativity, no words flowed onto the screen. An instant message from Summer popped up onscreen.

RainyDayz: Hey! Are you busy?
    Seabreeze96: Hi. Have a deadline and trying to work, but nothing’s coming. What’s up?
    RainyDayz: Not much. When’s the deadline? Do you want me to go away so you can work?
    Seabreeze96: Less than a week. And no, don’t go.
    RainyDayz: Are you okay? I’m all ears if you want to talk.
    Seabreeze96: I just...I just really miss…
    RainyDayz: Yeah. You still miss that jerk?! Why for f**k’s sake? What’s so great about him that you’re still obsessing over him? Did you sleep with him?

Jasmina clicked the window closed and signed out of Simhoo, anger, and sadness churning inside her. If I tell Summer the truth, she’ll think I’m crazy. The doorbell- she’d finally gotten around to replacing the broken one- rang. She went up the front and pulled back the curtain slightly to peek out the window. Wylie waited outside the door. Not him again. Not in the mood for his s**t. He wore a black jersey, jeans with the knees gone, and hi-top sneakers. A pair of mirror shades were pushed back on his head. The doorbell rang again. She slid the curtain back into place and ignored him, hoping that he would take the hint and leave. Wylie had been showing up at the house two or three times a month since he’d seen her at the nightclub but now he was coming by almost every day for a little over a week. Ten more minutes passed before Wylie gave up and rode off on his motorcycle. Jasmina sighed with relief and returned to the bedroom, sitting down at the computer once more. She signed back into Simhoo, despite knowing that she really needed to get to work on her assignment and scanned her short buddy list. Most of her friends were offline but Caleb was online. Her heart pounded. Do I dare send him a message after all this time? Will he answer? Before she could make a decision one way or another, a chat box appeared on the screen. A rose emoticon preceded the message.

Brooding_Darkness: Hello.
    Seabreeze96: I miss you so much.

The words, backed by raw emotion had poured out of her as she fought the tears that threatened to fall. Her fingers danced over the keyboard as another line of text came onscreen.

Brooding_Darkness: I know. I miss you more than words can ever express.
    Brooding_Darkness: Do you want to see me?
    Seabreeze96: You mean like hang out or?
    Brooding_Darkness: That would be unwise. But…

An invitation to view his webcam popped up. She clicked the “accept” button and waited excitedly as the connection loaded. Load faster, plum it! The window blinked to life, and the image of a bedroom came into view. Candle flames danced in the darkness, and there was movement in the periphery of the camera. A minute later Caleb appeared and waved. A message popped up, followed by the cam shaking.

Brooding_Darkness: Taking you over to the bed. Be just a couple of minutes. And get your mind out of the gutter.
    Seabreeze96: Well, put a shirt on if you don’t want to be looked at. But I’m enjoying the view.

My brain shut down after this point. :D Help please.

Well, I'm not romantically inclined, but if I were continuing that scene it might go something like... Both of them keep saying they should hang up, but neither do. They end up talking the whole night. At one point, Caleb plays piano for her. In the end, Jasmina is so tired she is struggling to stay awake, even though Caleb tells her it's okay to go to sleep. Her responses get slower and more nonsensical until she does finally fall asleep. Caleb watches her for a while but eventually brings himself to hang up. The next morning Jasmina wakes up and almost expects Caleb to still be on the line, but is disappointed that he's long since hung up. She wonders if it was a dream, then sees the little bit of text chat that preceded the call. She then spends the whole day at work wondering which parts of last night's call was real and which bits she's made up in her sleepy state.

Something like that anyway. See, not romantically inclined :D
    @BlackUndecimber That's actually a cute suggestion. But I'm not sure if I should use what I posted or use another bit I have written out. I'll figure it all out eventually. :D
    edited December 2020
    Chucking an update: 3.8 Returns and Endings
    edited December 2020
    And another: 3.9 Enough
    Hi everyone, just letting you know there will be no update this week as I've been dealing with some personal issues. There will, however, be a chapter up next week.

Also, I promise I will catch up on the readings. RL has been quite hectic recently. :joy:
    Hi everyone, just letting you know there will be no update this week as I've been dealing with some personal issues. There will, however, be a chapter up next week.

Also, I promise I will catch up on the readings. RL has been quite hectic recently. :joy:

That's ok :) I did notice you weren't around as much. Hope everything works out.

That's ok :) I did notice you weren't around as much. Hope everything works out.

Thanks @BlackUndecimber . Looking forward to reading your updates. XD
    edited August 2018
    Back to work on the latest chapter, it should be posted in a week or so, maybe sooner. But I think I'll be fitting this song to a scene in a chapter somewhere down the line, I posted it in the original circle too. It's "Angel Eyes" by New Years Day ft. Chris Motionless of Motionless in White. I'm most likely going to set the song to a scene in a nightclub that's between Caleb and Jas but haven't worked out the tiny details yet. Enjoy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHmSF-_6xlo&list=RDTwO0zLLybQ0&index=5
    edited July 2020
    New chapter, "Exes and Broken Hearts" is up. Enjoy.
    edited December 2020
    An update from lazy me
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone. Sorry for being absent. I promise I will catch up with updates. I'm also really excited to catch up as well. These look like exciting reads and yusss some updates from @BlackUndecimber XD
    Also here's an update fromFriends of Foes.
    Chapter thirty seven: Luka and Grim

@BlackUndecimber just caught up with your chapters. Aw they were so heartbreaking but hopeful. Eagerly waiting more. :)

@NyteRose I'll catch up with yours next. :)
    edited August 2018
    @simscognito Welcome back :)

Okay, so I'm rewriting and working on Chapter 15. I have a scene in mind but I'm not too sure how to play it out. A minor character (someone deserving, mind you, no spoilers are being given) is going to be killed. Problem: I'm not sure how to kill this person off. Slow and painful? Quick but messy? The only hint I'm giving is that the killer is a vamp and the victim a human >:) Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :)
    Okay, so up to date with @NyteRose 's story. My feels! That was so emotional and eek really scary. Eager to read more. XD

Next I'll be starting @simsostrange 's story. :)
    @simsostrange I tried to access your blog, but it said it was no longer available. Have you moved it somewhere else?
    @undressyourbones up to date with your story. Wow. This is interesting.
    Like this vampire guy. Guess he's found a new hobby, but I think he's also kinda fallen for her, even if he's not admitting it. Poor Jo though. I hope she does achieve her goal.