Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to The Sims 4 on Mac? Look no further!

123457...Next

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Not sure about the Sims 4 folder. Do you have a lot of CC or Mods? The app size is about correct. So I would say, yes that sounds normal.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • QueenEliana4QueenEliana4 Posts: 8 New Member
    I need some help on finding a MacBook Pro that can run sims 4. I want it to run smoothly with medium settings and lots of cc and mods installed. I am mainly going to be using it for playing sims 4 and doing schoolwork. (To tell me which MacBook Pro to get just respond with the specs that show up on the buy option where it has all the options like processors, storage, etc) Thanks!
    Most all of the MacBook Pros run the game fine.

However here are some additional considerations you need to take into account.

1) Make sure you have a least 8GB of RAM. More is better to future proof you MacBook if you can afford more RAM, by all means do so.
    2) Most people have been able to play the game on High settings, so Medium settings shouldn't be a problem.
    3) How much CC do intend to add? I'll be honest. While EA/Maxis says the limit has been removed, many Mac users still have problems with A LOT of CC in their games. It could be because some of pieces are outdated and there isn't an easy way to cull bad CC on a Mac except manually. If I were you, I would keep a list of the sites I download my CC from so that when a new expansion or patch comes out, you can check and see if there are any updates to your CC.
    Mostly just a lot (like tons) of cc, I mainly download from tumblr and that’s it. Does downloading cc different ways affect anything? Like I preferably am trying to download sfs cc, but if I downloaded cc with (for example) mediafire would it do anything?
    It is the amount (in terms of GB stored in your Sims 4 folder) that is causing the issue. So if you have several GB of CC, that will cause an issue for the game.
    Ohhh, ok I get it now. Thanks!
    Welcome :)
    Would these MacBook Pro specs run sims 4 on medium settings with lots of cc and mods installed?

2.5GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz
    16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
    512GB SSD storage
    Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
    Will this run sims 4 smoothly with medium settings and with cc and mods?