Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Thanks @MadameLee we'll get through it one day at a time.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016 I'm really enjoying the Canadian show which a modern family gives up their modern life to live in various decades for a week starting with 1940s. (first week 1940-1949, 2nd week 1950-1959, 3rd week 1960-1969, 4th week, 1970-1979-just finished watching it so only 2 decades, left ) I said above when (American) Neil Armstrong landed on the moon-the landing module was made by a Quebec company.

Glad you're enjoying it. Haven't watched the uk version myself. Only read about it. :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Also @friendsfan367 thanks for the positive vibes sorry I missed it before. We can use all the positive vibes we can get. She has Alzheimer's (I think I mentioned before) so the hardest part is having to remind her every time she wants to get up that walking will hurt. For her it's like the pain comes from nowhere.

i sympathize with that too. my gram also had alzheimers. and we also had to remind her of things. like where i live. she knew it wasn't with mom but had trouble remembering where. so i really get what your going through.
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Also @friendsfan367 thanks for the positive vibes sorry I missed it before. We can use all the positive vibes we can get. She has Alzheimer's (I think I mentioned before) so the hardest part is having to remind her every time she wants to get up that walking will hurt. For her it's like the pain comes from nowhere.

i sympathize with that too. my gram also had alzheimers. and we also had to remind her of things. like where i live. she knew it wasn't with mom but had trouble remembering where. so i really get what your going through.

It's nice to know I have friends--is it OK to call you guys that? we only talk here once in while but I feel like I know all of you so well--who are willing to listen. Thanks to you and everyone for understanding and listening.

don't worry about it. i still have sympathy posts from almost a year ago i haven't answered. its a year at the end of the month.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well at (Book camp) the kids in the kitchen made I can't remember what it was suppose to be but it was Jello in containers with whipped cream and a gummy penguin on Monday. Tuesday they made "animals" on pretzel sticks-using icing, and marshmallows. Wednesday was a blue Popcorn "Snowball" using jello-powder and marshmallows. Thursday (last day of Kitchen snack crafts) they made a "fishing" hole using Rice cake-cream cheese and blueberry jam (apparently it needs to be icing) marshmallows, goldfish crackers, gummy wales and since we had leftovers from Monday, gummy penguins.

Apparently, when I named the Gen 4 husband (Wyatt) in my Swanson Legacy the 2nd time around (his name in the first time around was David, like his future Father-in-law). I might have been for some reason thinking of the current Sunday School Teacher (who is the daughter of my Sunday School teacher)-'s nephew but at the time I didn't realize that until today when I told Mom on my way into the religious part I recognised (SST's sister) and she told me that what SST's nephew name was and that (J) was his Mom
    6adMCGP.gif
    Well at (Book camp) the kids in the kitchen made I can't remember what it was suppose to be but it was Jello in containers with whipped cream and a gummy penguin on Monday. Tuesday they made "animals" on pretzel sticks-using icing, and marshmallows. Wednesday was a blue Popcorn "Snowball" using jello-powder and marshmallows. Thursday (last day of Kitchen snack crafts) they made a "fishing" hole using Rice cake-cream cheese and blueberry jam (apparently it needs to be icing) marshmallows, goldfish crackers, gummy wales and since we had leftovers from Monday, gummy penguins.

they have gummy penguins in canada thats cool. here we have gummy worms and bears but i never heard of penguins.

also thank you i was trying to remember what i forgot to do you just reminded me. take my vitamins. also gummys since i don't like the real kind.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @simscognito @CathyTea Hey guys I want to ask a question. Let say you are in a Gr.11 Science class. You have a laptop due to holding normal writing stuff is difficult. You are studying this couple of weeks the Digestive system. This day the boys (you're a girl) in your class are asking stuff which is off-topic for the unit and you're getting bored by these off-topic questions so you start to play Solitaire instead on your laptop and your Friend (also a girl) who is also in the class rattles your out to the teacher but then the class becomes back *on* topic.. (its either that or it was time to pack up)

What would you have done if you were getting bored by questions which had nothing to do with the unit we currently were in?

My preferred tactic in these types of situations (and you might be surprised how often they come up--every other meeting, perhaps?) is to try to find something of interest in the topic that seems to be off-topic.

Here's my list of approaches:

1) How does this particular topic relate to the topic at hand? (Everything--absolutely everything--is interconnected, so if I'm astute enough, I can find the connections.)

2) What prompted the others to bring up this topic? Is it relevant? Does it explore a current need or dysfunction? Are they bringing it up so as not to have to deal with more current, pressing issues (as a diversionary tactic)?

3) What is of benefit in the current seemingly off-topic conversation? (There's always a benefit in everything!)

4) Find something of interest in the conversation. Since I'm a writer, I'll often watch mannerisms, pay attention to how things are being expressed, look at facial expressions, notice the feelings and responses of others in the room. For writers, everything is always interesting.

5) If my mind gets fidgety, I'll do mindfulness exercises (like paying attention, noticing physical sensations, and focus on the current experience) and breathe.

6) If all else fails, draw! (Oh, yes. Most notes I take have copious doodles!)

I have rarely been taken to task for drawing, but it's happened!

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited July 2018
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @simscognito @CathyTea Hey guys I want to ask a question. Let say you are in a Gr.11 Science class. You have a laptop due to holding normal writing stuff is difficult. You are studying this couple of weeks the Digestive system. This day the boys (you're a girl) in your class are asking stuff which is off-topic for the unit and you're getting bored by these off-topic questions so you start to play Solitaire instead on your laptop and your Friend (also a girl) who is also in the class rattles your out to the teacher but then the class becomes back *on* topic.. (its either that or it was time to pack up)

What would you have done if you were getting bored by questions which had nothing to do with the unit we currently were in?

My preferred tactic in these types of situations (and you might be surprised how often they come up--every other meeting, perhaps?) is to try to find something of interest in the topic that seems to be off-topic.

1) How does this particular topic relate to the topic at hand? (Everything--absolutely everything--is interconnected, so if I'm astute enough, I can find the connections.)

2) What prompted the others to bring up this topic? Is it relevant? Does it explore a current need or dysfunction? Are they bringing it up so as not to have to deal with more current, pressing issues (as a diversionary tactic)?

3) What is of benefit in the current seemingly off-topic conversation? (There's always a benefit in everything!)

4) Find something of interest in the conversation. Since I'm a writer, I'll often watch mannerisms, pay attention to how things are being expressed, look at facial expressions, notice the feelings and responses of others in the room. For writers, everything is always interesting.

5) If my mind gets fidgety, I'll do mindfulness exercises (like paying attention, noticing physical sensations, and focus on the current experience) and breathe.

@CathyTea I can technically write with a pencil or pen (How do you think I been doing 2 and a half ((?)) journals for my family trips?) but if I use a writing utensil for a long periods of time it digs into my finger and my finger starts to hurt. Which means during this time period I wouldn't have been able to write down *all* the information (when we *were* on topic) from whatever the class was talking about so I had the laptop (it was a replacement for the cheap Alphasmarts I have used since Gr.6). Well I wasn't much of a writer back in those days-I wrote one story in Gr.9 it was called "Ashley is having her Step-brother's Baby" I believe it might be on my Cleopatra's blog someplace it was based upon a "Drama Olympics" skit (improvising?) my group did (guess who ended up having to play the newborn?) So drawing (except maybe in Paint on the computer) wasn't an option for me.

But I personally believe that the boys (or at least one boy in particular-he was one of the newer bullies despite being in my age group besides the 2 that came from my elementary school when we were in Gr.9-even thought oddly enough when our Gr.12 homeroom/science teacher same one as in the story one day had us sit in a circle and the one person commented on my glasses in a nice way-I was new to wearing glasses at the time) really didn't want to be there (there being at school) unlike I want to be at school to learn. I don't remember what the boys asked (but yet I can remember sort of what the same guy said in Period 3 after lunch Science class and *I* got suspended for it in Gr.9 after asking him and the other boy to be quiet since we were supposed to be working on our constellation compasses and only talking about it). Turned out the Gr.9 Science teacher I had hated "Special Needs" kids.

But regarding the story I think he (and maybe the others(?) were asking questions were doing it as a diversionary tacit.
    6adMCGP.gif

sissy i'm confused again . if your mind gets fidgety you pay attention does that mean it wandered?
    edited July 2018
    @CathyTea @simscognito do you think that either of my two religions in the "Swanson Legacy" would have (Holy) books? I guess for the "bad" one it would be a "spell book manual" but what about the good one? (I'm still trying to think of a way to explain how Anne is the Queen of the Disney heriones)
    6adMCGP.gif

@CathyTea I can technically write with a pencil or pen (How do you think I been doing 2 and a half ((?)) journals for my family trips?) but if I use a writing utensil for a long periods of time it digs into my finger and my finger starts to hurt. Which means during this time period I wouldn't have been able to write down *all* the information (when we *were* on topic) from whatever the class was talking about so I had the laptop (it was a replacement for the cheap Alphasmarts I have used since Gr.6). Well I wasn't much of a writer back in those days-I wrote one story in Gr.9 it was called "Ashley is having her Step-brother's Baby" I believe it might be on my Cleopatra's blog someplace it was based upon a "Drama Olympics" skit (improvising?) my group did (guess who ended up having to play the newborn?) So drawing (except maybe in Paint on the computer) wasn't an option for me.

But I personally believe that the boys (or at least one boy in particular-he was one of the newer bullies despite being in my age group besides the 2 that came from my elementary school when we were in Gr.9-even thought oddly enough when our Gr.12 homeroom/science teacher same one as in the story one day had us sit in a circle and the one person commented on my glasses in a nice way-I was new to wearing glasses at the time) really didn't want to be there (there being at school) unlike I want to be at school to learn. I don't remember what the boys asked (but yet I can remember sort of what the same guy said in Period 3 after lunch Science class and *I* got suspended for it in Gr.9 after asking him and the other boy to be quiet since we were supposed to be working on our constellation compasses and only talking about it). Turned out the Gr.9 Science teacher I had hated "Special Needs" kids.

But regarding the story I think he (and maybe the others(?) were asking questions were doing it as a diversionary tacit.

I find people do that at work meetings a lot. Usually, the meeting starts to head in a direction that makes them nervous (maybe it will bring up something that will mean more work for them, or point out something that needs to change), and then, they'll veer off topic, sometimes with other ideas that seem interesting, and it diverts the group (especially the manager) from committing to a course of action to address the original issue! Where I work, it happens very often!

So, it's kind of neat to know about this--it's something that could be really interesting in a story! I don't think I've ever used this tactic in a story, but now I want to!

I think your incident about class that you shared with us would make a neat scene in a story.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited July 2018
    [

So, it's kind of neat to know about this--it's something that could be really interesting in a story! I don't think I've ever used this tactic in a story, but now I want to!

I think your incident about class that you shared with us would make a neat scene in a story.

@CathyTea which "incident" in class the Gr.9 or the Gr.12 (which start this whole question)? - What would be an interesting story/tacit in a story?

6adMCGP.gif
    [

@CathyTea which "incident" in class the Gr.9 or the Gr.12 (which start this whole question)? - What would be an interesting story/tacit in a story?

The one in the class with the laptop, solitaire, and the boys asking off-topic questions...

• LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    I'm back with another chapter in my 100 Baby Challenge. If you enjoy a short read and cheesy pick-up lines then check out the new chapter I just posted!

Chapter 2 - Fineapple
    There's going to be a Huge Patch update on Harry Potter's (and JK Rowlings) Birthday and not only that but there will be a life stream that day about the patch!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    My original isn't opening so I can't play Sims. I'm a little freaked I'm going to lose everything :(
    Shadami wrote: »
    My original isn't opening so I can't play Sims. I'm a little freaked I'm going to lose everything :(

Oh, no! Are you able to copy the save files to a thumb drive ?

That way you'll know you've got everything safe.

Then you can mess around with Origin without worry.

I've had things like that happen , and it always somehow self corrects.

edited July 2018
    Shadami wrote: »

Last time Origin did that for me. I uninstalled in contol panel. (Doesn't do anything to sims 4.) Then reinstalled it.
    edited July 2018
    brush teeth done. tease sissy done. it was in the book club thread though

i procrastinate getting ready on weekends since my idea of clothes is a nightshirt.
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hey all! I'm back from vacation and wanted to drop off the next part of my story! I hope you're all doing well.

Full Bowl: Part 2

1.4.4.jpg
    Anyone besides @friendsfan367 and myself hear about the new free feature update + its will have a life stream
    6adMCGP.gif
    Anyone besides @friendsfan367 and myself hear about the new free feature update + its will have a life stream

I did. I'm unlikely to watch the livestream though. Maybe part of it.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Phew uninstall and reinstall worked. Thanks <3 though... I had to do it manually because the uninstall.exe was missing?!? So somehow I lost origin files that allowed it to run xD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top