Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alpha City - Cyberpunk World (July 16 update, page 31)

Comments

• krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    :)
  • AmaterasuChanAmaterasuChan Posts: 310 Member
    Bumpy! It's april :(
  • synthwitchsynthwitch Posts: 40 Member
    Nonononononono :( It's been over a year! Still waiting on this...
  • bulletfreakbulletfreak Posts: 3 New Member
    Yeah it's been well over a year now, but with Into The Future out now's the best time to release it. I'm sure me or someone else would be happy to finish it if you posted a download link. I just really want to be able to live in a dark grimy, futuristic city. If only the dystopian Oasis Landing was anything like that, nope just the same old same old but with more dirt. I just hope you eventually see this, because if not i might as well build my own world from scratch with no prior CAW experience
  • teejoe4teejoe4 Posts: 47 New Member
    Haven't been able to even begin to play in quite sometime, but I never forgot about this world. Any updates or releases outside of the beta? I'd love to jump back in with this world. :)
    Tbh I'll never forget this world lol, it will be missed though :(
    Not a chance? :'(
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    OP hasn't been on the forums since 2015. I doubt he/she'll be back.
    EiFlric.png
    It's such a shame :(
  • Andy_555224Andy_555224 Posts: 41 Member
    @synthwitch and anyone interested, I'm thinking of hijacking this world and finishing it out a bit, since OP definitely seems to have forgotten about it. I've already figured out how to get the world into CAW, and I fixed the apartment lot glitch, and I'm hoping to at least finish all the buildings in the main part of the city.
    OH WOW YES PLEASE??? @Andy_555224
  • SimzboiSimzboi Posts: 2 New Member
    @Andy_555224 please do! :) I would absolutely love to play this world.
    Alright, after months of inactivity and some testing, I've found another problem with lots not showing up properly. It appears those lots are corrupted in some way, or something, because after starting a fresh copy of the world and saving all these lots to the Bin, and then replacing them in CAW, it doesn't want to save(or takes hours but I'm pretty sure it just glitches out). I'll have to test a bit more but this is kinda the /thing/ to get right so
    Some lots I remember not appearing correctly. I think it's some of the free stuff from the store?
  • DuskmournDuskmourn Posts: 9 New Member
    If anyone's interested, I have a world that might be easy enough to redesign into a cyberpunk metropolis with enough CC and creative use of the ITF content wwwDOTredditDOTcom/r/Sims3/comments/8fnw14/new_warsaw_city_download/

It's the most massive full sized city I can find, that alone should help with getting that endless city scape vibe.

Anyways, I see people mentioning that there was a beta released for this world but I can't find any links, can anyone share it?
    edited May 2018
    (again, sorry for the break)
    Yeah I have a feeling it might be the free store content not saving/exporting properly. I'll go in and have a look and hope it fixes itself

edit 2: just takes ages for the world to save as each lot has to be saved individually
    Post edited by Andy_555224 on
    I always seem to check this thread at the exact right moment, haha. It's good to see you work on it. I wonder what happened to Steph :/
    I may have spoken too soon :# just had a minor catastrophe with CAW

Yeah steph just seems to have disappeared, unfortunately. Guess all we can do is hope he comes back to this project
    I doubt it :/ Minor catastrophe?
    Yeah, my pc crashed so i pretty much have to start from scratch :/

it'll be fine tho, i can use it to make it a better version
    Update: after a bit of stress, I have most of the lot render issues fixed, and the Bridgeport weather files imported. Building a few more lots, finishing existing lots, populating the world, and testing for in-game lag and issues is next. Still a lot of work to go before this is finished to a good standard, but it's happening
    Any ITF content being used since the world started before it came out? Would be a shame not to take advantage of all the stuff it added
    There's also tons of good CC out there that add to the overall aesthetic
    @Andy_555224 I hope you're still alive! I'd love to help, I just reinstalled TS3. Do you have Discord?
    @Andy_555224 Bump!