Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    The fact that the gallery has gone down several times this week makes me think it's a gallery overhaul.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I forgot to add my comment yesterday I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it was a huge Gallery overhaul especially since I can't get on it
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2018
    A gallery overhaul? Seriously I think (in my opinion) it's a big big *Meh* for me.

EDIT: I mean like out of all the best things that could be added or improved in the game, they chose the gallery. So what if the gallery gets updated, the gameplay itself may somehow stay the same after this update. Why don't they just add new NPCs like burglars cause that's the thing that most people have been wanting. They should have made new careers, implemented open neighborhood, cars or even just plain pool items instead. That will totally be a great gamechanger (in my opinion). And why would they have to announce this if it'll gonna be just a go-go feature for some of the players.

BTW since this was all just a speculation or hasn't been confirmed yet and plus the fact that this was just my opinion in regards if the great update would happen to be just a gallery overhaul if you ask me. This comment should not receive any vitriol or any forms of criticism... yet, and the reason why forums exist is because of this. Opinions and voices, duh.

I just really love everything else except the gallery and that's it.

I'm so "the-worst-thing-that-can-happen-to-a-person-if-he-was-expecting-too-much-and-then" right now.
    y'all got bread?
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Out of everything that could/needs to be done, gallery is the last thing I would say "needs" a revamp.

That being said, its for sure that. Console doesn't have a gallery, so I would imagine they've been working on that and the syncing of it to the PC version of the game.

Every time they get our hopes up, it's hardly ever anything good. But when they do something like toddlers, its out of nowhere. I'm not expecting much at this point.
  • HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Sounding like a meh update to me
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    I'd love to see an overhaul to the gallery. I am not a builder, haven't built a single lot from scratch. Thanks to our awesome builders I can spend more time on game play. Having said that, I do spend a lot of time searching for just the right lot so an improved search feature with more sorting options would be great.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited July 2018
    I really hope it is something that will really liven up the game. Like bringing burglars back along with police or maybe an active firefighting career or at least bring fire fighters back.

I could care less about cars as it will just be like sims 2 and kind of limited on how far you can drive them. Maybe they can make it like a car you can fix up as well.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2018
    I get the impression they're outright lying about this patch in a sense, that or this is some sort of way that they plan on promoting the next packs since quarterly teasers are a thing of the past.
    Not that the lying is intended harmfully it may be one of the things they claimed the update would not be.
    Guru's probably have an eternal TS4:Seasons Prank Day save.

I hope its gameplay features or something along those lines, I could care less about gallery updates since as far as I'm concerned the gallery works just like I want it to.

Please be burglars or something meaningful.
    Adding the zodiac back into the game would make me incredibly happy.
    But as far as I see there's nothing to live stream if its just bug fixes, I mean not all players have even encountered the same bugs so it better be good.

I don't really know what can be done as a gallery update to live stream and actually impress people enough for a live stream.
    Just seems overall very odd.
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I forgot to add my comment yesterday I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it was a huge Gallery overhaul especially since I can't get on it
    Gallery went down today. Thank goodness SimGuruLegacy got it back up. This happened when SimGuruNick wasn't there.
    Out of everything that could/needs to be done, gallery is the last thing I would say "needs" a revamp.

That being said, its for sure that. Console doesn't have a gallery, so I would imagine they've been working on that and the syncing of it to the PC version of the game.

Every time they get our hopes up, it's hardly ever anything good. But when they do something like toddlers, its out of nowhere. I'm not expecting much at this point.

That does seem plausible regarding the consoles. A gallery overhaul may in fact help sync the pc and console together. Already their putting creations from the gallery into our console libraries during updates.
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I really hope it is something that will really liven up the game. Like bringing burglars back along with police or maybe an active firefighting career or at least bring fire fighters back.

I could care less about cars as it will just be like sims 2 and kind of limited on how far you can drive them. Maybe they can make it like a car you can fix up as well.

Kate has ruled out NPCs.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm hoping for functional elevators (even though it's probably not). If it is, maybe the gurus were excited to work on it because it's something we were all expecting in City Living but we didn't get and also because it would be a new woohoo location. I know that the "elevators" we have came in an EP, but functional ones could be added in a patch I think.
    edited July 2018
    I hope this update adds the cas/buy/build music to a new radio station.

Update
    I've updated the thread title and removed big because I don't think this update will be a big one after all the things Kate listed that won't be in this update.

Update
    I've updated the thread title and removed big because I don't think this update will be a big one after all the things Kate listed that won't be in this update.

*meh*
    y'all got bread?

Update

*meh*

I love that music and I want a way to hear the song I like when I want to hear it. It's random now.

Update

*meh*

I love that music and I want a way to hear the song I like when I want to hear it. It's random now.

I was referring to the changing of the thread title since we just all realized that the update won't be so "big" after all in my own opinion.

So I was like "meh"
    y'all got bread?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Or...OR...it could be a new Sims 4 store.

But probably a Gallery update.
    #Team Occult
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    The fact that the gallery has gone down several times this week makes me think it's a gallery overhaul.

That would be so disappointing to me.
    I hardly use the gallery. I don't even upload as much as I used to like in other Sims games.
    Game play, game play, game play. That's the overhaul I want. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • corbindamormoncorbindamormon Posts: 9 New Member
    A gallery overhaul would be cool, to see what they would do to improve it but if thats all it is I would be kind of upset because of all of the hype they have given this, I am just hoping its something bigger than that like something that would improve gameplay like more careers I would be happy with burglars and firefighters
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2018
    If it's a CAS overhaul I hope we get an option to save outfits for later or save favorite items.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

That would be so disappointing to me.
    I hardly use the gallery. I don't even upload as much as I used to like in other Sims games.
    Game play, game play, game play. That's the overhaul I want. :)

Me too! Gameplay for me! Could careless about gallery..
    I was hoping for a new attraction system! But EA is way too lazy for that and pick the easiest thing to do and call it a feature!
    Sadly there're only few simmers who still prefer actual gameplay not this trendy useless stuff
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm sure a gallery update is welcome, but a live stream? Meh indeed. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's about the gallery.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Maybe a chance to see an overhaul on personalities? Fingers crossed.
    The only thing that would interest me.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited July 2018
    Has it been confirmed that the update would just be a gallery revamp? Please No! What we really want is actual gameplay and why would the have a livestream for this "meh" feature. For what? To promote "great" sim youtubers out there in which will probably leave some fellow aspiring great builders and cas creatives behind?
    y'all got bread?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top