Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you care the most in an SP: CAS items, B/B items, or gameplay?

2...Next

Comments

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    New Gameplay
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I wonder why anyone would think the focus of a stuff pack is gameplay. But anyways...I meant to vote for BB stuff <3

I don't think the focus of a SP pack is new gameplay at all. I do get drawn to it more for the gameplay aspect though. I wouldn't buy as many SP's without it and I doubt I'm alone there. It's just smart marketing to add both in... I know some dislike EA marketing it that way.. but it will sell more overall if they do that in my opinion.

Maxis has kind of added that focus themselves, really, by making gameplay objects a major part of every Stuff Pack. Granted we buy Stuff Packs for stuff but like @Sjofn said, the gameplay item(s) is usually what makes me excited or not for a pack, personally.

I agree that it was a smart move on EA/Maxis' part to add the gameplay item in. I never bought SPs in TS3 because I always had plenty of stuff in the base game that I hardly ever touched. But I like building more in this game so I'm always wanting more B/B items and adding the gameplay item just makes them that much more appealing for me.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited March 2018
    New CAS Items
    CAS items.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2018
    New Gameplay
    I like some extra bling, don't get me wrong, but a new element of gameplay is the primary draw for me.

Without the rodents and new death, First Pet Stuff would have been an easy pass for me. By adding those two new gameplay elements, though, they piqued my interest and turned a pack that would not have otherwise even remotely interested me, into a must have.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    New Gameplay
    I like some extra bling, don't get me wrong, but a new element of gameplay is the primary draw for me.

Without the rodents and new death, First Pet Stuff would have been an easy pass for me. By adding those two new gameplay elements, though, they piqued my interest and turned a pack that would not have otherwise even remotely interested me, into a must have.

EXACTLY this.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    New Gameplay
    Ooh, this one's actually a hard question for me, because not every SP has hit exactly what I would've liked on it in the head. At the most I would want for the $10 price I'm paying, I would definitely want new gameplay, and even then at the very least not a bare minimum of it either. For example Fitness Stuff got earbuds, workout videos, and that huge rock-climbing wall that you would consider "new gameplay" but I really think they could've done some more with the theme in terms of gameplay rather than wasting a whole chunk of their budget on just that wall.

At the same time, if the CAS and BB items are nice enough, it might be worth at least $7 or so on a sale (if one ever comes) in the lack of real substantial gameplay. Using Fitness Stuff again as an example, though there isn't much gameplay apart from the focus of that rock-climbing wall, the CAS and BB items are nice enough on their own right and maybe just worth enough for a sale. Though I'm using this SP for the example only bc I think it fits well with what I'm pertaining to, but there are many other SP's that could be good examples. The few SP's I can say that pull their weight when it comes to all 3 are probably Kid's Room, Movie Hangout, and Vintage Glamour. The other SP's I bought usually have gotten either only 1 or 2 of those 3 covered.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    New Build/Buy Items
    I like that SPs include at least one gameplay item now, and it does help sometimes in my decision to buy it or not. But, for me, it all comes down to the 'stuff', the build/buy content. For instance, I bought Vintage Glamour because I love the build/buy and CAS items in it. The butler is cool, but I have yet to use one in any of my saves. Although I do occasionally use the wash/dry items in the Laundry pack, I bought it because I absolutely LOVE the build/buy & CAS in that pack.

Also, although I don't have it yet, when I do buy the Backyard pack, it'll be for the build/buy & CAS items. I probably won't play much with the water slide, but I do know I'll love the windchimes and bird feeder at least. I'd also love to own the Bowling pack, but not for the bowling, although I'll use it. It's the retro build/buy & CAS items that has me desparate to have it.

The last two packs I would love to own, but don't yet are Kids and Fitness. I don't play families with kids very often, but again, I love the 'stuff' in that pack, especially the clutter and single beds. IMO, we don't have near enough bed options in this game. And I know I won't use the rock wall much in my game, but I'm positively salivating over the build/buy items in that pack.

One thing I would dearly LOVE is a builders pack for this game. I'd buy that so fast make your head spin. \o/ #prettyplease #makemydaymonthyear

Happy Simming! <3
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    bb/cas are what sell a stuff pack for me, combined, so i can't vote here.
    i wouldn't buy stuff packs for the minuscule "gameplay" that they offer if i didn't like the cas/bb.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2018
    New Gameplay
    Gameplay (honestly I like that there's a combination of all three CAS+Build/buy+Gameplay) and I am SO glad they finally went this route and made Stuff Packs have game play options. Especially now when we have to wait a year for an expansion pack to release and we also have to wait 5-7 months for a game pack to release. :(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    CAS/Buy Mode are usually what helps me determine i I'm gonna want the pack or not because I'd probably feel like i paid $10 for a gameplay objects alone. I definitely do enjoy a good couple of the gameplay items, but I use clothing and furniture/decor more than anything. Different furniture for different homes and different clothes for different sims.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    New Gameplay

Gameplay all the way. I have opted out of packs that have gameplay that I does not interest me. I haven't used makeup for 20 years and I don't like letting my sims live in luxury so I opted out of the pack with the butler and glam. Laundry didn't entice me either.

I have really enjoyed having the wishing well, all the fun movies to watch with your sim, and Voidcritters in my game. The rockclimbing wall was fun too. The Spooky Pack is the exception to the rule for me, I need those clothes for all my historical ghosts.

I can see a pack with clothes I like and still not buy it, I can't walk away from a pack with gameplay that I want to have in my game.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    New Build/Buy Items
    Build/buy mode stuff. I see a pack teaser/trailer/livestream and immediately think 'what can I build with it?' and go from there. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    New CAS Items
    I wish they'd release a SP with only CAS stuff. If no game play and build items are included the team can focus on creating a lot of high quality hairstyles and clothing.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    New CAS Items
    All I care about are getting new hairs.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    New Build/Buy Items
    New furniture. I don't expect much gameplay wise from stuff packs.
  • aria_candyaria_candy Posts: 9 New Member
    New Gameplay
    Gameplay is usually what draws me in.