Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I would imagine that these changes might confuse people who aren't aware of them, so they are stepping us through it with a Live Stream, so the community can help anyone easily who comes to the forums, or other information sources with questions.

They really do need Hype Control because there are a lot of things we want and we are getting impatient.
    Something cool, but not even close to what people are hoping for could create a lot of negativity.

It might have been better just to spill it.
    "Changes are coming to ______, join us for a Live Stream..."

I wonder when the consoles will be getting these changes.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    CK213 wrote: »
    I would imagine that these changes might confuse people who aren't aware of them, so they are stepping us through it with a Live Stream, so the community can help anyone easily who comes to the forums, or other information sources with questions.

They really do need Hype Control because there are a lot of things we want and we are getting impatient.
    Something cool, but not even close to what people are hoping for could create a lot of negativity.

It might have been better just to spill it.
    "Changes are coming to ______, join us for a Live Stream..."

Agreed. Just tell us something like.. "We'll be making a few changes to CAS or the gallery, or whatever this is, " just like they told us gardening would be getting an update before the patch dropped. That way, they could avoid simmers getting too hyped and subsequent disappointments.

They don’t care about disappointing people, and regardless of what they say they are wanting hype. Hype = chatter about the game. All they care about is getting people talking, the fallout from their poor communication is something they refrain from discussing or learning from. They know there are people who would be grateful for like a piece of non-functional bread being patched into the game. That’s their target audience because for them they can do no wrong.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    Is it really going to be an updated gallery for the influencers? Don't they already have influence with their uploaded lots etc. from their tumblr sites or youtube sites? Is this true? ETA: (Or worse, a premium member feature?)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is it really going to be an updated gallery for the influencers? Don't they already have influence with their uploaded lots etc. from their tumblr sites or youtube sites? Is this true?

No that hasn’t been confirmed, and I don’t see that as very likely either. The gallery needs to be overhauled, but I doubt the focus of an update will be on influencers. Why compete with established websites like tumblr and YouTube? Both of which are free to creators and can be monetized. The gallery can’t be monetized, unless that’s a new feature of the game changers program which would mean in-game advertisements for the rest of us.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Is it really going to be an updated gallery for the influencers? Don't they already have influence with their uploaded lots etc. from their tumblr sites or youtube sites? Is this true?

No that hasn’t been confirmed, and I don’t see that as very likely either. The gallery needs to be overhauled, but I doubt the focus of an update will be on influencers. Why compete with established websites like tumblr and YouTube? Both of which are free to creators and can be monetized. The gallery can’t be monetized, unless that’s a new feature of the game changers program which would mean in-game advertisements for the rest of us.

O.k., then my added question about a premium membership? (early access for members) since SimsVIP has announced July 30th is the day Origin implements Premier (The Sims 4 Premier pack) games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

O.k., then my added question about a premium membership? (early access for members) since SimsVIP has announced July 30th is the day Origin implements Premier (The Sims 4 Premier pack) games.

That’s just a marketing gimmick to get people to pay monthly for games they would otherwise just pay for once. No value added beyond a 5-day early access download. Nothing about Sims 4 would need to be changed to accommodate that. I don’t think the introduction of OA Premier will have any effect on our games.

ETA: for some perspective, Origin Access Premium is $14.99 every month, and given the availability of Sims 4 content: base game, dine out, and KRS - you are paying over face value by your fifth month. It’s a gimmick. Maxis would be doing their players a disservice by altering the game to accomodate that.
  • Options

That’s just a marketing gimmick to get people to pay monthly for games they would otherwise just pay for once. No value added beyond a 5-day early access download. Nothing about Sims 4 would need to be changed to accommodate that. I don’t think the introduction of OA Premier will have any effect on our games.

I'm talking about the proposed, original fees for preium membership before game was released. If they do that, it would solve the 'unknown' factor of what's coming next. Like you would know what stuff pack or EP etc. would be coming next if you were a premium member. I was thinking this could all be tied to Origin's new $14.99 mo fees for earlier access, since they have also added The Sims Premier Pack to that fee.
  • Options

I'm talking about the proposed, original fees for preium membership before game was released. If they do that, it would solve the 'unknown' factor of what's coming next. Like you would know what stuff pack or EP etc. would be coming next if you were a premium member. I was thinking this could all be tied to Origin's new $14.99 mo fees for earlier access, since they have also added The Sims Premier Pack to that fee.

No that isn’t how the subscription model works. You pay $14.99/month indefinitely for access to games. You don’t get any exclusive information about what’s coming next, you get 5-day early access pass for new releases. Once you stop paying you can’t play or load the game up at all. Access denied, regardless if your subscription fees exceed the face value of the games + packs. As of now Sims 4 isn’t covered in the 5-day early access. The packs included in the premier edition are from 2016.
  • Options
    @drake_mccarty Thanks! I wasn't sure.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Would probably never happen, but I'm rooting for open neighborhoods (the small districts, not the whole worlds).

I didn't care for it in TS3 but I'm mising it more and more since Seasons.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Is it really going to be an updated gallery for the influencers? Don't they already have influence with their uploaded lots etc. from their tumblr sites or youtube sites? Is this true? ETA: (Or worse, a premium member feature?)

Gallery update is still only a guess. I'm one of the people who thinks that might be what's coming.

EA are extending their Game Changers program, SimGuruKate announced it on Twitter the other day. Right now, until (I think) August 7, they are accepting applications specifically for Gallery Game Changers. Only Gallery. When that is done, they will be opening applications for Instagram and bloggers. They are spreading out the "influence", so to speak. This is official information and this is why I believe that the Gallery will get an overhaul. Right now, it doesn't seem to have much accommodation for Game Changers.

We have also seen a lot lately of the Gallery going offline. I personally believe that they have been testing their new setup.

I could be totally wrong. But there's enough evidence for me to believe that this is at least a part of what's coming on Tuesday's update. If it looks a bit different and has a bunch of new options and social features, it would make sense that it would need a livestream to show off what it can do.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

If there's a Gallery update it'll be for everyone -- I think @SimGuruKate is trying to get as much input as possible as to possible ways to improve the game, hence the calls for new "Game Changers" to share their opinions. Maybe expanding the program to iin-game content creators (not just YouTubers and Twitch streamers) we can get some new tools that will help the entire community; beter search functionality or a way to "block" certain outfits from appearing like I think can be done in MCCC. I'd like an age filter similar to the gender filter where certain outfits are reserved for teens so we don't have game-generated elders looking like High School Musical extras rejects, but can be removed by the player when making their own Sims or adjusting the wardrobe of townies.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    @LiELF - You know.. you're probably onto something there. I'd be happy with a Gallery Overhaul. Something that I would love to have is more options to search for. I would like an option where I can search for one story houses. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but, I like family homes with only one story, however, sometimes it's hard to find that on the gallery because there's so many more two-story lots. D:

So, if it is a Gallery update, it'd be very interesting if they could add some more options.. so I guess it's just wait and see now.

Same here. I prefer to move my sims into one story homes because it's easier to navigate especially if I'm playing a 8 sim household but there's just so many two story homes. I would love some sort of filter to hone in on exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd be happy with a gallery update too. Whatever it is has to be something pretty major for them to do a hour long Livestream for it.

Woo! *high five for the one-story club*. :D sometimes it feels like a lot of others prefer two-stories instead. So, it's nice to see some others out there that like one-story houses too! :) It is so much easier to navigate and I can see where each Sim is at and be able to manage them better, especially when I play bigger families. ♥
  • Options
    AilurophiletteAilurophilette Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2018
    OMG! So excited! Don't want to hype it up but I really want CAW to happen and maybe some new traits! And I just checked but that's 4 am for me... nevertheless, i'll be there!
    Origin ID: Ailurophilette | The Honeycomb Legacy |
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2018
    Question: Is this particular update will be significantly bigger than we had in the previous ones like the glass roofs and the revamped of the gardening system? Or could it be pretty much more like the gamechanging features toddlers, pools, and ghosts update? I just learned that the team had created a twitch livestream on each of these long time ago. So no wonder if how really big and cool this update could be. This made more excited y'know
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    OMG! So excited! Don't want to hype it up but I really want CAW to happen and maybe some new traits! And I just checked but that's 4 am for me... nevertheless, i'll be there!

Afraid they've already ruled out CAW...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    A few more lots available on existing worlds would suit me. They are putting rinks on outside spaces that look like useful lot spaces with Seasons.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    As long as the update will provide new gameplay then I will be happy.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    It has to be something meaningful. The live stream will be an hour so I can't imagine them just talking about bug fixes.
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah, I think it's gonna be a Gallery update too... let's see hehe
    he/him
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't see the gallery as a feature of my game, because I never open the gallery. Sounds like the team has worked hard and for a long time on this update. I wonder if they ever intended to allow for toddlers to leave home. I can't see that being ruled out, toddlers-out-and-about wouldn't count as a new life stage.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well supposing the Live Stream will be mainly about CAS I really hope they add a turn on/turn off attraction system, plus more relationship status like boyfriend/girlfriend or even engaged, etc;
    I'd really like being able to choose 5 traits instead of only 3 but then the whole trait system had to be updated so they would behave more accurately with whatever you choose.
    I'd really like that cause I often find myself using the same traits or having the same type of sims regardless of the trait I choose :neutral:

I'm not "overly hyped" but I'm pretty curious to see what they can do.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Would probably never happen, but I'm rooting for open neighborhoods (the small districts, not the whole worlds).

I didn't care for it in TS3 but I'm mising it more and more since Seasons.

Kate ruled out open neighborhoods.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Gallery update is still only a guess. I'm one of the people who thinks that might be what's coming.

EA are extending their Game Changers program, SimGuruKate announced it on Twitter the other day. Right now, until (I think) August 7, they are accepting applications specifically for Gallery Game Changers. Only Gallery. When that is done, they will be opening applications for Instagram and bloggers. They are spreading out the "influence", so to speak. This is official information and this is why I believe that the Gallery will get an overhaul. Right now, it doesn't seem to have much accommodation for Game Changers.

Had no idea EA was looking for Gallery Game Changers. Interesting
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top