Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do developers check ideas corner?

Just wondering whether they do, and if they consider fan ideas for the Sims 4. No problem if not, I know they’re very busy.

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I would like to say that they did but there are many great ideas that never seem to be able to make it into the game :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I would like to say that they did but there are many great ideas that never seem to be able to make it into the game :(

You’re most likely right, but it is a shame. I was hoping someone would see mine :(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I do know that sometimes you might see someone from the EA community managers posting in the threads giving their agreement and such in post. So it's quite possible that they might also pass certain ideas to the development team.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I do know that sometimes you might see someone from the EA community managers posting in the threads giving their agreement and such in post. So it's quite possible that they might also pass certain ideas to the development team.

Interesting. I had a look at a few recent threads in ideas corner, and couldn’t see any comments by Sim Gurus. However, if they do sometimes comment then maybe they are reading the threads.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    They have probably indeed looked at the ideas corner much more than they used to. In fact a lot of what came out of Jungle Adventure was drafted by a simmer in that section. In the past they've actually not bothered looking into feedback at all or only when a new pack just released and/or it's a gamebreaking issue. I feel like with new management around now they may be paying more attn to those areas more than they used to.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    They have probably indeed looked at the ideas corner much more than they used to. In fact a lot of what came out of Jungle Adventure was drafted by a simmer in that section. In the past they've actually not bothered looking into feedback at all or only when a new pack just released and/or it's a gamebreaking issue. I feel like with new management around now they may be paying more attn to those areas more than they used to.

Interesting! Do you know the thread title of that jungle adventure thread in ideas corner was? I’d be interested to look at it and compare how similar the finished game pack came out.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    They might once in awhile but probably don't have time. I think that is what the community manager is supposed to do and relay those wishes to the different teams.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    They might sometimes have a quick scroll through; the development team probably won't check it a lot due to the reasons of them being busy, a lot of ideas are similar, and, I don't mean to offend, but there aren't a lot of elaborated or 'good' ideas.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Interesting! Do you know the thread title of that jungle adventure thread in ideas corner was? I’d be interested to look at it and compare how similar the finished game pack came out.

@MaggieMarley http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/926715/nature-adventures-treasure-hunting-gampack-or-the-new-gp-that-works-too/p1

Here ya go :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2018
    No answers here, it's the proof that they don't.
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I suspect that they might, because certain items have turned up in the game, that been whined about... either that, or they were gonna add them anyway, and weren't stalking me after all. >.>
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    Well. I estimate that they do. I hope they do. Other wise, what would be the point of an Ideas and Feedback forum if those who have created the forum don't check/consider the ideas and feedback submitted into that very forum?
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited July 2018
    From what I've seen, they generally follow ideas that are incredibly fleshed out or VERY popular (or everyone in the community is angry because they didn't add a vital part of the game at launch so they release it later to stop the uproar)!

If they did read these feedback forums at least slightly thoroughly, I would have expected a reply from a SimGuru on this thread by now! xD Then again, they could have read it and decided not to comment, who knows!
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    I can't speak on behalf of anyone else, but I do read all The Sims forums on a daily basis.

I also compile reports on the general trends and great feedback that we receive here on the forums. But please don't expect me to reply and comment on every thread that I forward or read. The same applies for anyone else who might be reading :smile:
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I think they read them but its out of their hands overall what EA's head people over the sims want to do with the sims... sadly the sims team has some people who know what we want but they have to jump through hopes to get those ideas put into the game.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I miss University. When are they planning to add that into Sims 4?
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited July 2018
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    I can't speak on behalf of anyone else, but I do read all The Sims forums on a daily basis.

I also compile reports on the general trends and great feedback that we receive here on the forums. But please don't expect me to reply and comment on every thread that I forward or read. The same applies for anyone else who might be reading :smile:
    Makes sense! I'm glad that you're all keeping track of the feedback stuff! :) It's hard to know this sort of thing without asking straight up, since there's no way of telling that you've seen something unless you comment on it directly lol