Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• gillr52gillr52 Posts: 35 Member
    Oh, @SoulGal7 , do I repost that entry or is it enough to leave it with you?
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #99 Back To Their Roots
    FORUM ID:jojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:JojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL:Starting Out
    LOT: Yuma off-grid
    LOT COST:8500
    LOT NAME: Yuma Heights
    BUILD COST:67502
    TOTAL COST: 76002
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW BnS99 Yuma off-grid
    ENTRY DETAILS: Yuma off-grid is inspired by the design principles of Michael Reynolds Tropical Earthship. I am not supposing to say that I have attempted to reconstruct an Earthship, not even close. I'm saying my thought process was inspired by the design principles of Reynolds. The Chens are going off grid. They are embracing gardening not just for money but for their own health. They are choosing to have the courage to live simply so others may simply live. That is not easy in our world. My entry looks nothing like anything else so far this round. I hope I'm not way off in left field with this one.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: That's the best part
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    reQfhAr.png
    yAmnb4E.png
    edited July 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:jojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:JojoMomster
    LEVEL:Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD:Chen
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: the Chens
    ENTRY DETAILS: Dr Chen and Mr Chen, married professionals are off on a new adventure in the dirt! Gardening, bee keeping, herbalism and so much more.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:none
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    dpPa2FD.png
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited July 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: Rostrijodu
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Summer Home Lot in Windenburg
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: Paws & Pears
    BUILD COST: 82,000
    TOTAL COST: 85,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Chens are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, so what better way is there to do that than to dash off to the peaceful countryside? This charming, two-bedroom, three-bath farmhouse features not only a vet's office for Dr. Chen, but a small, fruit-filled farm with a roadside market for her husband!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A, although, I did use Moo, as well as Debug
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Hv72RoF.png
    Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited July 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: Rostrijodu
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: An & Jian Chen
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: An Chen is a veterinary doctor, while her husband, Jian, is a very successful lawyer, but both of them want nothing more than to get away from their hectic city lives so that they can start a family of their own. So it's time to pack up their pup, Boba, and head for the countryside, where Paws & Pears await!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTRES:

1aZZDuL.png

jqyvNyi.png
    Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2018
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS99 - Back to their Roots is now officially closed!!
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2018
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png

KtiWjXm.jpg

“Your appointment with Mr. Pascua is here,” Karl says over the intercom.

“Thank you, Karl. Please send him in.”

You rise to greet the man as he enters, impressed with his build. You aren’t sure what you had in mind but he seems to be almost a bodybuilder!

“Thank you for agreeing to see me on such short notice,” he says as you motion towards the chair.

“Not at all, I’m happy to fit you in,” you reply with a smile. “Now, your assistant said something about a resort?”

“An ocean-side resort and hotel,” he confirms.

“That’s quite a project,” you say, but love the idea. This town could use something special to draw more tourists.

“Economy is up, people want to travel. But they need a place to stay when they do.”
    “Makes sense. What scale are you thinking?”

“Well, it depends. I’d like something with some flexibility, some standard rooms but also some nicer suites. A pool would be a nice touch, but maybe an ocean swim is good enough? Some outdoor activities, of course. Perhaps a lounge or restaurant for the local community to enjoy as well, especially in the off season to keep the place open.”

He speaks very rapidly but you scribble all that down.

“I also want it to really stand out! I want people to see it and think, ‘yeah, that’s where I want to go.’ So nothing too small or too blended in, but don’t let it clash, either. It should fit the town but still draw your attention.”

You nod. “I understand completely. How many guests will you want to accommodate?”
    “I’d like at least 8 rooms. Three with one double bed, three with two double beds, and two luxury suites. If you can fit more in for the budget, then please do, but I don’t want to feel that the resort suffered just for more people. There must be a reason for them to come, after all. “
    “Of course. Now, about the budget…”

vPz5U5r.png
    • Build a hotel and resort with at least 8 rooms.
      3 furnished with one double bed, 3 furnished with 2 double beds, 2 luxury suites. All must have attached bathrooms
    • Provide a lobby, reception area and admin office
    • Provide landscaping
    • Style should reflect the town it is built in, but stand out
    • Provide at least one indoor and one outdoor activity or entertainment

BUDGET: §750k total budget (includes the lot cost)

Room Challenge:
      Create the resort lobby, you have §50k to play with.

Sim Challenge:
      Show us the Sims who are visiting the resort, can be anyone, any traits etc just show them enjoying their vacation.
      3gHHX7s.png

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS100 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.

The deadline for this challenge is 8th August 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
      5ZgkRIL.png
      Dm5g7dk.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    gillr52 wrote: »
    Oh, @SoulGal7 , do I repost that entry or is it enough to leave it with you?

@gillr52 - No, you're fine. Sorry I didn't read this until this morning, but you are officially entered. Great couple.
  • jacallonjacallon Posts: 38 Member
    Unfortunately I missed the cut off for the Back to the roots challenge. Real life got in the way and I'm not even half way through the build. I'll finish it off anyway. There are some fabulous entries, you guys have all done amazingly well. I'm hoping to get the next one done, but boy it sounds like a huge build, so I'm not sure how I'll go LOL
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited July 2018
    jacallon wrote: »
    Unfortunately I missed the cut off for the Back to the roots challenge. Real life got in the way and I'm not even half way through the build. I'll finish it off anyway. There are some fabulous entries, you guys have all done amazingly well. I'm hoping to get the next one done, but boy it sounds like a huge build, so I'm not sure how I'll go LOL

In the same boat, except I finished my build - just didn't finish photographing it. ^^; Such is life. I look forward to seeing your build when it's done! There were a ton of amazing entries this time around.

This resort hotel, on the other hand...whoof. I'm tempted, but that's a HUGE build. It's also a large budget, but... LOL

ETA: Googling for inspiration is not calming my nerves any...the first link I clicked on made me feel like an ultra-beginner when it comes to design. XD http://phootel.com/lopesan-baobab-resort [In other words, judges - don't worry about me copying anything cool like this...it ain't happening. XD]
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Yeah...I'd already tentatively decided to just do the room challenge, provided I get an idea. But after seeing that link? I now I couldn't come up with anything that good.
    image.png
    Yeah...I'd already tentatively decided to just do the room challenge, provided I get an idea. But after seeing that link? I now I couldn't come up with anything that good.

LOL Sounds like me going through Google.

"Hmm...well...maybe, if I don't do the fancy roof..."

"Yeah...no. Nope."

"...is that pool shaped like a river?"

"WHY IS THERE A PLANE PARKED ON THE OCEAN NEXT TO THAT HOTEL? D:"

LOL
    I’ve already built the whole thing in my imagination but that means nothing in game. I thought up a CAS & decorate challenge based on 1940s Victory Houses based on Canadian Government endorsed “no frills” as efficient per Lin ft of material as possible for returning soldiers CMHC house plans. I owe it to myself to set up my little challenge after building 9 houses for my idea before I start a massive resort build.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Hello again, dear @lisabee2 ! :wink:<3

Isn´t wonderful to see our dear @FruUtter here? :smiley:

It is indeed <3<3 AND so many names of friends from the Gallery <3 Very happy to see this thread grow <3 So many FAB FAB builds this last time. I was sad to sit it out (I am traveling) and might get to do this next one but still traveling (on and off) until mid Aug. I cannot wait to join all of you again!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @BuildnShare It being an Oceanside Resort - does that mean we can't build in Oasis Springs?
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    edited July 2018
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare It being an Oceanside Resort - does that mean we can't build in Oasis Springs?

Yeah im also wondering about this, as i started to build my resort on there xd I also built one, or starting to, in the JA's world but i couldnt really find one with a sea view so to say
    Post edited by WiggleyTuff on
  • 1HappyMonkey1HappyMonkey Posts: 22 Member
    Chiming in with the same question. I think it is ok to build in Oasis Springs since the requirements don't state on a water lot, but it would be nice to have a clarification.
    I had originally bulldozed the Solar Flare to build on that lot, thinking the hotel would overlook the oasis...only to discover that, from ground level, the oasis looks more like a mud hole. XP I ended up settling on Windenburg, because none of the other larger bodies of water looked that impressive in-game.
    edited July 2018
    @misscbong, @WiggleyTuff, @1HappyMonkey of course you can build in Oasis Springs, when there is no specification in the brief, the worlds are you yours to choose! Happy building!!

@SimsIslandheart - it doesn't have to be next to a body of water, just look like it would fit well next to one.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @SimsIslandheart - it doesn't have to be next to a body of water, just look like it would fit well next to one.

LOL I was thinking more for photo-taking purposes. I finally got inspiration for a design, and I'm relatively happy with what I'm doing so far, but it'll look much better with good scenery in the background. XD But, that's good to know!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM[ (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #100 Oceanside Resort
    FORUM ID: TresaofPern
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD:https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0C409D3292B211E8837A43954017D13D
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/E2ZvjK0
    ENTRY DETAILS: While I was looking for inspiration, one particular image kept coming up, so I decided to just go with it and do my best to recreate it. It also let me experiment with beams a bit more, which I'd wanted an excuse to do. Now if I we could just change ceiling colors, that would have been great. The rustic spandrels weren't my first choice, but they were the only ones without dangling end caps, which looked out of place.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    tKNYO7k.png

image.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited July 2018
    I had originally bulldozed the Solar Flare to build on that lot, thinking the hotel would overlook the oasis...only to discover that, from ground level, the oasis looks more like a mud hole. XP I ended up settling on Windenburg, because none of the other larger bodies of water looked that impressive in-game.

@Simslandheart - When thinking desert and ocean, I think of Dubai, which is on the ocean but lies within the Arabian desert, so I think that something could be done like that. Also, the desert look of Oasis Springs could also be sandy beaches. Anyway, hope that helps. Also there is the pool option in the brief :)
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

@Simslandheart - When thinking desert and ocean, I think of Dubai, which is on the ocean but lies within the Arabian desert, so I think that something could be done like that. Also, the desert look of Oasis Springs could also be sandy beaches. Anyway, hope that helps. Also there is the pool option in the brief :)

Dubai was what I was thinking of when I first looked at Oasis Springs - I had kind of imagined a mini-version of this view: zero-gravity-dubai-brunch-421adc71debd.jpg

When I went in-game and used Cameraman Mode to look at the view of the Oasis, however, it looked more like this: 15150011_G.jpg

LOL So, yeah. XD

Now I just have to stay in budget...that feeling when you've already sunk 300K simoleans into a hotel and haven't even started on the rooms yet. XD ^^;
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    I'm struggling with the sheer size of my build tbh, I need to keep taking breaks. I wish we had an extra week
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    And my issue is Oasis Springs only has a 50x50, no 64x64...wah!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top