Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2018
    That livestream will be mainly about their new politics. The update is called big because there will be bug fixes. The "new" thing is going to be just something minor. Just read carefully and properly. Everything important was said (written).

I am guessing a new cas column.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2018
    I would like to see an additional column or two added to CAS. The more items we get the harder it is to find a particular piece of clothing if you can't remember which pack it came from.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited July 2018
    Celebrity system could be added since the social network is a basegame feature.

or a Reputation system.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    The cheats! They were working on the cheats, right? That could be it.

Why someone need cheats?

Because there are people who play with cheats. Sometimes I do, others do too.

And - movie makers depend on cheats to set their mood etc. Without it, machinima is very hard unless you want to program poses for every scene you shoot.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I'm not hyped.. I'm worried. Some of the (in my opinion) worst things came in patches.
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    I'm not too hyped either but there's a small part of me that wants it to be sim personality based anyway
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    That livestream will be mainly about their new politics. The update is called big because there will be bug fixes. The "new" thing is going to be just something minor. Just read carefully and properly. Everything important was said (written).

Kate says in one of her tweets:

"It's something the team is definitely excited for. They've been working very hard on this."

I really doubt they'd get 'excited' and have 'been working very hard' on adding in one new CAS column.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I was excited but 1000 and 1 things have been crossed off the list, so I'm just going to wait and see. Better not to get my hopes up.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

"It's something the team is definitely excited for. They've been working very hard on this."

I really doubt they'd get 'excited' and have 'been working very hard' on adding in one new CAS column.

The fact that Kate say THEY are excited but they kept telling us NOT to get excited could mean that is either something people won't like or something that seems small to us but is hard to implement.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.

I am guessing a new cas .olumn.

Why not? It's pretty annoying to scroll threw the clothes if you own many packs.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Holy_Cow wrote: »
    What could it be??? Pre-teens, bikes, cars, garages??? MORE BABY INTERACTIONS???

It’s nothing to get excited over. Straight from the developers mouth, Grant said don’t hype it up. It’s clearly nothing noteworthy, and from the list of no’s it’s nothing the players collectively have been asking for. So don’t get your hopes too high.

Even if it's just a Gallery Overhaul or a CAS Overhaul I'll be happy.

I think a livestream just for a Gallery overhaul is just.. plum.

@SimGuruKate and @SimGuruGrant told us not to hype up so much, so it probably will be something very insignificant.

If this is the case, I am seriously asking myself why we had to have a livestream announcement 1 week in advance.
    And even though they say not to hype it up too much, they are hyping it themselves by announcing a livestream 1 week in advance.

Again: it's is probably something insignificant or very small. I couldn't care less about a Gallery overhaul or a CAS/UI overhaul.

If you ask me; priorities should be bug fixes (like the ancient bugs too) and making Sims traits more significant during gameplay (so Sims feel different at least... now it doesn't matter which traits you pick because it doesn't do anything significant gameplay wise). Emotion system revamped or better AI.

Giving Teens a ''Teen'' height will also be nice, but it's probably not that or ever going to happen.

I wish they'd just be clear about what it is before they hype everyone up by announcing a livestream. If it really IS just some small thing they are going to do, they just should say so. Now they are just feeding speculation again, and watch everyone go absolutely bonkers when it is something insignificant or something people didn't ask for.

Kate basically ruled most of the desired features out from the get go, so uuh what is left?....

Also I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading. No one said it is going to be a ''BIG'' update. There will be some bugfixes and a ''feature update'' but that can mean anything from big to very small.

All the things you said are so true. And yeah, they don't have a really good strategy of communication. If it's not something big, why don't tell us directly? They ask us to not over hype but if they announce us an update one week before, it's impossible to not over hype. So they should 1) say us what is it directly like that nobody will over hype or 2) announce us 2 days before.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2018

Honestly each time they're doing something they always say that even if it's just adding some chairs...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Why not? It's pretty annoying to scroll threw the clothes if you own many packs.

Annoying sure, and I'd love to have a 3rd CAS column, but I doubt it's something that they would get excited about and have to work very hard on.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Annoying sure, and I'd love to have a 3rd CAS column, but I doubt it's something that they would get excited about and have to work very hard on.

More importantly, having a 3rd column doesn't require an hour livestream.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    Perhaps it is somthing like a new after school club or shock horror a school in a sub world (you know like the doctor or police in get to work)

Kate ruled out a new world.
    IceyJ wrote: »

If there is a cas overhaul it's likely there will be several new features so that could warrant a livestream.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    If the hourly live stream for CAS or the Paj gallery just confirms that simGuru are just trolls and just trying what the customer is stinging
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    If my timings are correct, I assume the patch will go live an hour before the live stream? A shame, I may have to avoid this place and social media until the stream as I want to be surprised. ;)
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    I hope it's stairs, an IU overhaul, a CAS overhaul or cheats overhaul! I can't wait to see what it is! :D

Kate ruled out stairs.

Really? Well that's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :') then I guess it will be one of the others or a Gallery overhaul which I'm not that interested in
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    idkemily wrote: »
    > @Irdiwen said:
    > Kniga_Sitara wrote: »
    >
    > Irdiwen wrote: »
    >
    > The cheats! They were working on the cheats, right? That could be it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why someone need cheats?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Because there are people who play with cheats. Sometimes I do, others do too.

just curious, why do you use cheats?? doesn't that take the fun out of everything?

That depends on how you like to play your game, and for example it's super useful for story telling gameplay. I don't think having better cheats will harm anyone because you use them if you want, and you don't if you don't want to. Easy peasy.
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi

In the stream they are going to introduce their new politics, how the things will be going about sharing info about new stuff etc. That's the main reason why there will be a livestream.
    edited July 2018

In the stream they are going to introduce their new politics, how the things will be going about sharing info about new stuff etc. That's the main reason why there will be a livestream.

No Kate says their not sharing that till the end of the LS. Their mainly showing off an existing feature that has been updated probably CAS and or The Gallery.

edited July 2018
    I'm hoping for an opacity feature,color backgrounds for cas,new relationship ties,another column for clothing and hairs,favorites and a turn on turn off system for attraction.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2018
    I would imagine that these changes might confuse people who aren't aware of them, so they are stepping us through it with a Live Stream, so the community can help anyone easily who comes to the forums, or other information sources with questions.

They really do need Hype Control because there are a lot of things we want and we are getting impatient.
    Something cool, but not even close to what people are hoping for could create a lot of negativity.

It might have been better just to spill it.
    "Changes are coming to ______, join us for a Live Stream..."
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top