Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anime fans out there?

2...Next

Comments

• chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    I love anime especially the old ones and with subtitles not dubbed, but lately I've been watching only this particular genre which is not that popular.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    @MelanieSimlish - I'm assuming you got freaked out by No-name. I know I was.

Also I recommend watching My Neighbor Totoro <3

Yep! That thing was horrifying haha. The pig thing creeped me out too, as did the old witch lady (can't remember her name for the life of me) and her rolling heads lol
    44444.gif
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Okay, the bouncing heads were a bit ick, at least until they stopped bouncing and became the giant baby, but I loved No Face. I loved everything about that movie.
  • whitemage_annwhitemage_ann Posts: 63 Member
    Definitely Sailormoon.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Yep. Though, I read manga more than I watch anime.
    I'm currently not watching any, but I am definitely looking forward to some of the winter/spring 2015 anime.
    If you like horror, action, or thriller, I'd recommend:
    Shingeki no Kyojin
    Tokyo Ghoul (the anime is bad compared to the manga, keep that in mind.)
    Corpse Party
    Gyo
    Another
    Jigoku Shojo
    Mirai Nikki
    Deadman Wonderland
    School Days (don't even watch the anime, lol. just youtube the ending scene. that's the only relevant thing about it.)
    Higurashi
    Monster

Other anime that I liked:
    Toradora
    Itazura na Kiss
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Gakuen Alice
    Samurai Champloo
    Inu x Boku SS
    Kaicho wo Maid-sama
    Natsume Yuujinchou
    Diabolik Lovers
    Amnesia
    Special A

and probably some more that I can't remember at the moment.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    I love anime and manga... way to many to list muchless rember,since "87 so yea alot lol. Akira had me hooked along with M.D.Geist. I recomend watching both of those B.astar.d and ninja scroll just to many.Most recently invader zim, gargantua,attack on titan,SAO 2, venture bros. If u like manga try JTHM johny the homicidal maniac.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I'm currently watching the new Sailor Moon Crystal anime and I'm really enjoying it! :)
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Anyone know if there will be a second season of Kaicho wo Maid-sama.
  • AnnarosexxAnnarosexx Posts: 86 Member
    I'm currently watching Future Diary. It's really good c:
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    @MelanieSimlish - I'm assuming you got freaked out by No-name. I know I was.

Also I recommend watching My Neighbor Totoro <3

I ADORE that film :) I have a totoro onsie, and 2 totoro pillows. I'm too old for it all really but I just adore all Studio Ghibli films. I also have the little dust balls (Spirited Away) as slippers and as a keyring and I have just bought my younger sister a catbus keyring which I secretly want keep as well. If I can't look young, I may as well act it.

Other animes I watch or have watched are:

Sailor moon (old and new) I grew up watching that as a child. I remember in primary school me and my friends formed a club and would pretend to be sailor moon characters. There was always a fight for who to be chibi moon and sailor moon.

Naruto (just completed the manga)
    Sword Art Online
    Hunter X Hunter
    Dragonball /Z/GT/Kai
    Erin
    Fate Zero
    Chobits
    Bleach (only up to 80 as I got bored)
    Cardcaptors
    Claymore

All of Studio Ghibli.
    And there is a lot more but I can't remember at this moment. I would love to hear suggestions of what to watch.
  • LuanaLuana Posts: 41 Member
    Not an anime fan, but I LOVE Evangelion!
    I'm waiting eagerly for both the release of the 3.33 Blu-ray and FINAL.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    I love Anime and Manga, I have too many to name that I like, but currently I am on SAO, My Little Monster, Fairy Tail, Kiddy Grade and, and three others (I forgot their names :P).

"The truth hurts, but lies kill"
    I'm not really an anime fan, but my sisters are and they introduced me to the short-lived but hilarious Princess Jellyfish. <3 I also like Spirited Away, even though it gave me nightmares as a child haha

I loved Princess Jellyfish;so funny :lol:. It made me want to read the manga. I also liked Spirited Away too, but it did creep me out XO.

Watamote - Anime about a NEET girl and her delusions about real world. She is so funny and so tragic, you can't help but feel for her most of the time. The rest of the time you'd want to bash common sense into her. Watch it!!

Love it :smiley:. That girl is a trip :lol:
  • CelesteDreamer21CelesteDreamer21 Posts: 41 Member
    FAIRY TAIL!!! Who's with me? #NALU4LIFE
  • ILOVEHAIKYUUILOVEHAIKYUU Posts: 2 New Member
    Haikyuu.
  • ILOVEHAIKYUUILOVEHAIKYUU Posts: 2 New Member
    Watch Haikyuu.
  • ActualFannibalActualFannibal Posts: 44 Member
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Mirai Nikki, DBZK, and read a lot of Junji Ito.
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've watched many, so very many, as well as read manga, but I haven't watched any new animes in over a year, but my favorites are:

Code Geass
    Gosick
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Durarara!!
    Steins;Gate
    Parasite
    Noragami
    Psycho-Pass
    Magi

Honorable mentions:

Black Butler
    Shingeki no Kyojin
    Bungou Stray Dogs
    Baccano!
    Hyouka
    No Game No Life
    Death Note
    Akame ga Kill
    Kyou Kara Maou!
    Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Re:Zero
    All the Fate series
    All the Natsume Yuujinchou series
    All the Higurashi series

I'm also a huge fan of the Danganronpa series, but the anime for the first game is not very good. I much prefer the Danganronpa games, but the two Danganronpa 3 arcs (different from Danganronpa V3) aren't a game and is an anime instead, and it's significantly much better than the first anime.
  • VitaSimmerVitaSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    I think Pokemon is a legend
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    I like Hellsing
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    A long, long time ago I watched and loved Arjuna :) nowadays I play the Persona games and that's about it for Japanese influences xD
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I'm slightly obsessed with Full Metal Alchemist (original and brotherhood) I just love the characters so much.

I've watched Nana long time ago
    I was also really attached to the characters, loved the rock band ambiance and all, really my kinda thing

Rozen Maiden
    This one always intrigued me, I never was able to finish it though

I started watching the death note anime, I loved the manga although I never finished them
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• SimerbratzSimerbratz Posts: 161 Member
    Sailor moon old and new and the live action sailor moon and as for manga it would be hana kimi (don't think I spelt it right)