Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Getting Too Hot In Here, So Let's Change Out of Our Clothes!! (Party Attire Causing Deaths?)

Hello! I was playing with the Seasons pack and came up with a few suggestions.
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but throwing parties is becoming a bit of a problem.

As I threw a Fourth of July party, the temperature outside was really hot and a guest that came dressed in their party outfit died within the first hour of the party and another guest was overheating already. There was a pool, kiddie pool, lemonade, A/C set to cold indoors, etc. Guests just did not naturally react to their discomfort with the weather nor did they change into the appropriate clothes.

Main Suggestion:
  • Whenever I throw a party for a specific holiday, I would like to be able to assign the outfit that the guests should come dressed in .

For example, with the house party I just threw, it would've been useful to have informed guests come in their hot weather attire or their swimwear vs. their party outfit. To be able to defeat the weather, I think that this option could help avoid some of these unnecessary deaths (or it could provoke more deaths if evil simmers decide to make their guests come in cold weather outfits during a heat wave LOL).

This has also happened in cold weather as well. I threw a black & white party during New Year's and everything was fine at first since they were mostly indoors but as sims were leaving after the event ended, they began shivering due to the blizzard outside and they walked out in their party outfit. I feared that they would turn blue but luckily, they went home before that happened.

Other Suggestions:
  • It's not just during parties that this happens. My child sim walked out the door for a split second in her every day attire during a heat wave (literally one foot out the door and on her way to the pool) and the notification popped up that she was burning to death and that I should change her outfit. I've mentioned before the idea to have hot/cold categories for each outfit category. However, not sure if that would be possible, as it would defeat the purpose of the weather related deaths if sims are always prepared for the weather, unless the outfits themselves affect if sim is cold or hot instead of a category.
  • It would also be nice to have more options/items that can help sims cool down, like drinking smoothies, having a cooling tower or placing a functioning fan for the outdoors, or even using misting fans and handheld fans.
  • I remember in Sims 2, there was the option to use a blowdryer to unfreeze a sim, so maybe having an option like that in the game to save a sim from dying, like maybe throwing ice buckets on self or on each other during a heat wave. If no one reacts or no one is around, sim would end up dying of heat.

Is anyone else having issues with the party outfits during these extreme weather conditions?

P.S. If anyone has tips on how to keep party guests cool during heat waves, please share :smile:
I had to plead to the grim reaper to bring my teen sim's bf back to life
Ayy It's Mell ♥

Comments

• SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Have the party indoors and turn on the A/C, and just eat the thousands of $$ in bills?
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    edited July 2018
    Have the party indoors and turn on the A/C, and just eat the thousands of $$ in bills?

Well, The A/C was on cold and some guests did go inside to drink and dance. But There were activities indoors and outdoors (mostly outdoors because of the water balloon fights, fireworks, and the pool) so some guests stayed outside doing these activities. That one sim that died went through the house and to the backyard and didn’t switch clothes. At least 3 or 4 guest sims didn’t switch to their hot outfit after walking through the house. The one that died was supposed to participate in the water balloon fight but that action got cancelled and the sim went to play foosball instead. Then he started overheating on his way to the table and died before he got to play.
    I wasn’t too focused on him since I assumed he went to do water balloon fight with his gf so I am not sure how long he was outside for. I was watching a toddler dancing with her mom lol.

Next time, I guess I should just keep everyone indoors :#
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I do wish there was a way to at least try to save them if you want, like in Sims 2 you mentioned the blow drying frozen Sims and you could throw water on overheated Sims. The deaths just happen so fast too in Sims 4. The whole weather outfits thing definitely need some fixing. It worked much better in Sims 2 where Sims would automatically put a coat on when it was winter and went outside and then took it off when they went back inside. There was no special summer clothing in Sims 2 but overheating only happened if Sims exercised a lot.
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I do wish there was a way to at least try to save them if you want, like in Sims 2 you mentioned the blow drying frozen Sims and you could throw water on overheated Sims. The deaths just happen so fast too in Sims 4. The whole weather outfits thing definitely need some fixing. It worked much better in Sims 2 where Sims would automatically put a coat on when it was winter and went outside and then took it off when they went back inside. There was no special summer clothing in Sims 2 but overheating only happened if Sims exercised a lot.

Definitely! I think it would be good to have a chance to save them before they die so that we don't have to plead with the grim reaper and hope he's willing to spare the sim's life and bring the sim back. I know we could suggest to see another outfit on the sim, but I think seeing the sim with a blow dryer for freezing sims or throwing a bucket of ice cold water on overheating sims would be a whimsical thing to add to the game as a 'last chance' kind of option if all other attempts fail. :)
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    HAHAHHA OMG YES OP your suggestions need to be added.

I just had a Summer party in Oasis Springs today. All of the neighborhood parents and their children were invited and one of the neighborhood moms died of from the heat. She was in the backyard with her party outfit on. We really need to be able to say what attire we want everyone to wear for parties. The party outfit for everything is just not working anymore....lol

Again, I am adding athletic wear should be immune to the temperature. Sims are jogging around all the time. I also had a sim freeze to death at the gym LOL. He might have been on the roof meditating. Who knows.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited July 2018
    The best thing you can do for now is to use the Rewards: Cold Acclimation/Hot Acclimation until there is a mod or EA patch to prevent sims from dying from overheating or freezing.

All of my CAS sims have the rewards protection as I hate 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game elements that EA apparently thinks are funny or welcome in our game. It's worth it to me to use the Rewards Cheat: sims.give_satisfaction_points 30,000 for example, to ensure that my sims are safe from 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game elements that I do not want in my game.

This way, your sims can wear heavier clothing in the heat and lighter clothing in the cold and not be as affected. It's an easy workaround for now.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Acclimation rewards don’t work. One of my sims almost froze to death on the hot summer day while playing with sprinklers, she had hot and cold reward traits. Another sim died jogging while I played another household, he froze to death. Those rewards are useless.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    HAHAHHA OMG YES OP your suggestions need to be added.

I just had a Summer party in Oasis Springs today. All of the neighborhood parents and their children were invited and one of the neighborhood moms died of from the heat. She was in the backyard with her party outfit on. We really need to be able to say what attire we want everyone to wear for parties. The party outfit for everything is just not working anymore....lol

Again, I am adding athletic wear should be immune to the temperature. Sims are jogging around all the time. I also had a sim freeze to death at the gym LOL. He might have been on the roof meditating. Who knows.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. Luckily, my sims aren't dropping one after the other, but having a guest sim die because he didn't autonomously change from his party outfit is pretty sad. Hopefully they address this issue in the new patch coming soon.
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    The best thing you can do for now is to use the Rewards: Cold Acclimation/Hot Acclimation until there is a mod or EA patch to prevent sims from dying from overheating or freezing.

All of my CAS sims have the rewards protection as I hate plum game elements that EA apparently thinks are funny or welcome in our game. It's worth it to me to use the Rewards Cheat: sims.give_satisfaction_points 30,000 for example, to ensure that my sims are safe from plum game elements that I do not want in my game.

This way, your sims can wear heavier clothing in the heat and lighter clothing in the cold and not be as affected. It's an easy workaround for now.

Thanks! I'm one of those rotational players so if I have to go into each family to give them these rewards, I'll be so irritated :lol:
    I hope they fix this soon. Haven't tried those rewards yet since the extreme weather hasn't been a problem until now that I decided to throw a fun BBQ/pool party (actually just a house party because a pool party isn't an option). Usually my sims are indoors and the only other party I threw was indoors (for new year's), like I mentioned in my original post. It was the first summer party I threw and I made sure I had put cold A/C and enough activities and drinks for them to cool down with and it still didn't work. I almost lost two sims.

I'll try the rewards out on some families and see if that helps! :smile:
    Acclimation rewards don’t work. One of my sims almost froze to death on the hot summer day while playing with sprinklers, she had hot and cold reward traits. Another sim died jogging while I played another household, he froze to death. Those rewards are useless.

Oh no! :s:# Maybe if they are acclimated to a certain temperature, they'll be more vulnerable in the opposite temperature? So if you have both, they'll still be vulnerable to both temperatures since they'll cancel each other out. Either its that possibility or they have to fix those acclimation rewards so that they actually work against the extreme weather conditions.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    This does need addressing, but in the meantime, you could ask sims you're not controlling to change into whatever outfit category you want to see them in (including hot/cold weather). It's in the Friendly interactions.
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    So, this isn't happening at parties, but I figured I'd piggy back on this thread after diving into Seasons for the first time this past weekend.

I had my sim gardening during a heat wave and she was already in hot weather clothing, but in an everyday slot. It wasn't too long before she started overheating, but I changed her into her hot weather clothes (which was a longer dress than the one she was wearing!) and she cooled down. I think it would be nice if every day clothes that are clearly hot weather (or cold) suitable worked as such during extreme weather.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    I just wish they would let us choose instead of them changing into outdoor or summer wear by themselves when the go outside it drives me mad :/
    Missimay94 wrote: »
    I just wish they would let us choose instead of them changing into outdoor or summer wear by themselves when the go outside it drives me mad :/

I’m not sure I understand. You’d run into the problem that I did of the sims not automatically switching out of their regular clothes and then overheating/freezing. Unless you mean that instead of having categories, they dress up based off the hot/Cold tags on the clothing so they don’t have to constantly change their outfits?
    megiare wrote: »
    So, this isn't happening at parties, but I figured I'd piggy back on this thread after diving into Seasons for the first time this past weekend.

I had my sim gardening during a heat wave and she was already in hot weather clothing, but in an everyday slot. It wasn't too long before she started overheating, but I changed her into her hot weather clothes (which was a longer dress than the one she was wearing!) and she cooled down. I think it would be nice if every day clothes that are clearly hot weather (or cold) suitable worked as such during extreme weather.

Yeah, the second they step out in anything but the hot weather outfit during heat wave, they automatically start burning up, but I noticed that someone put a bathing suit in the cold category and the thick jackets for the hot weather category and their sim was fine lol if they did it based off the tags, I think that would end up eliminating the hot and cold categories unless they make those as sub categories. Like Everday/Hot and Everyday/Cold or Party/Hot And Party/Cold. So that they could automatically switch to those when the weather and event calls for it. Maybe even neutral options when then weather is alright. And/Or they can do it based off the tags that they included for the clothing items as well but I don’t know if sims would recognize which outfit to wear without our command
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have been doing what @loubyloulou said. I ask sims to see their weather outfits if the weather is extreme. I have had two weather related deaths but I let the sims stay dead. Hey new story to tell.

I honestly think the devs need to revisit the outfit thing. I want my sims to automatically change into outfits but in a smart way.

On hot days when they shower, they should automatically be in the hot wear clothing. Laundry is piling up so fast with the changing of clothing.

Cold days, sims should automatically change into the cold weather outfit when they go outside. When they come back in the house, they should be back in everyday wear. I am so tired of sims walking around with coats on in the house. Also the coats should not PILE UP THE LAUNDRY..lol

Athletic wear category should just be immune to the weather for the sanity of other players. For me, Sims jogging in the neighborhood makes me sooooo nervous.

I have to admit, it is sort of exciting because I finally have to watch and make sure no one dies and I still lost two sims LOL They were my played sims too...lol
    @keekee53 @loubyloulou
    Yeah, I did that for the second sim that was overheating (and for anyone not in a pool/hot weather outfit) once I saw the first one dying from the heat, and I was able to save those other sims.

& I’m the same way now! I’m constantly pausing and looking around to make sure no one is on the verge of dying lol

I also agree about the laundry thing. I had to get extra hampers because the laundry began piling up on the floor from the many times they change their outfit to go in and out of the house and then into the pool. That’s like 3 or 4 outfit changes right there per person.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    megiare wrote: »

I remember Grant saying the devs did it the way they did because it accomdates cc better.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    There used to be an option for social events aka parties to choose the type of wear from normal, athletic, sleepwear, etc. I wouldn't mind if that was reinstated, as well as an option included for groups for during group gatherings.