Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've just seen that your sims can die from a shark attack.

Here is a youtube video that I saw. Shark Attack, Sims 3. I did not know that was possible.

Comments

• DecafToasterDecafToaster Posts: 41 Member
    Yikes, it even shows the bones. I can't say I've ever seen that before.
    Discord: DecafToaster#1733
    i5 4690K @ 4.8 GHz • 32 GB • GTX 1070 • ROG PG279Q
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2018
    An easy way to make this happen is with a poor athletic skill + inventory full of meat/fish. Keep trying until your sim is not so lucky.
    When a Sim notices a newly spawned shark, they may wet themselves if their scuba diving skill is lower than 7. Sims can hide in an underwater cave to avoid sharks. There is a 5% chance that sharks may attack Sims, an additional +2% chance for each meat and fish inside the Sim's inventory, and an additional +20% chance if the Sim watches the sharks. When a shark attacks the Sim, the chance to win the fight is based on how many skill points the Sim has in athletic, martial arts,[TS3:WA] and scuba diving skills. Having 0 of them will guarantee a loss while having 10 of each will guarantee a victory. If the Sim has the loves to swim trait, there's a +30% chance they will win the fight.

If the Sim loses the fight, they will get the "Mauled by Shark" and "Gasping for Air" moodlets. If the Sim is attacked while having either of these moodlets, they will die by shark attack and the ghost of the Sim will be purple. If the Sim wins against the shark, they will receive a shark tooth and get the "Pumped" moodlet.

Mermaids cannot be attacked by sharks. Mermaids with evil trait can summon sharks.
    via Sims wiki TS3: Shark
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yes it can happen :( I lost my favourite sim to a shark attack. Having read the piece posted by @SimplyJen I would say my sim probably didn't have enough skill points to fight off the toothy fiend. Personally I think it was my game having an off day as I don't recall my sim having huge quantities of meat/fish in her inventory and she certainly hadn't plummed off any mermaids before she went swimming.

I will add the sim eventually forgave me and we have gone on to have lot of other adventures. Neither of us has been back to IP though :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    i had this happen once. Took me by surprise as I didn’t know it was possible.
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    This is the exact reason I bought IP tbh. But so far, I've had zero luck with actually getting a sim killed in an attack... I'm definitely going to test out that meat and fish thing though, maybe that'll give me better luck.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    :o <----
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

You can also survive a shark attack and you get a sharks tooth as a reward.
    43117696721_5781bba472_c.jpg
    43117697141_23ae64517a_c.jpg
    41306130650_5d9b9dd51e_c.jpg
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    *running off to take the fish out of my sims' inventories* :o
    giphy.gif

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited July 2018
    Quick question: Is surviving a shark attack a "toss-up"? Or can you win if you have your athletic ability and martial arts up to 10 (like fighting a mummy in the tombs)?

OK...saw the previous post. Don't mind me... I typed before engaging brain. :D Going off to make sure that my sims all have mastered or are in the process of mastering martial arts, athletics and scuba diving.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm not buying into any of this nonsense. My fish are my friends and I keep them close to me at all times. The only things I need to be safe are Charisma and a Sense of Humor. I won't be engaging the shark in combat, I will be winning it over with lively and witty conversation and by showing it funny cat videos.

(about to jump in) Will be right back, keep my coffee warm for me. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @igazor I'm sure you'll be fine. Even sharks know that vegetarians taste funny.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    You can also survive a shark attack and you get a sharks tooth as a reward.
    43117696721_5781bba472_c.jpg
    43117697141_23ae64517a_c.jpg
    41306130650_5d9b9dd51e_c.jpg

Love the pics. The attack on my poor sim happened so fast there wasn't time to record it :(
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Not my screenshot but worthy of sharing here... :D
    tumblr_mpn2sk1kj61qju6n5o1_1280.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@SimplyJen lol that is a great picture.

@Nikkei_Simmer Derek was level 5 athletics only, no MA skill at all, just got the dive skill after doing the snorkeling, so that would be a 3. No fish in inventory, had a couple of shells from snorkeling. I think he was just very lucky and hit the dice right in EA's spin.

@Bettyboop55 Thanks, it was a scary few moments.
    @bekkasan - thank you for the information. I guess the odds get slightly better in one's favor if you have MA and Athletic skills, but it still amounts to a dice-roll.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    SimplyJen wrote: »

A certain four letter word prefaced by "Oh"... comes to mind here.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • mikkimouse1978mikkimouse1978 Posts: 1,497 Member

SHARKNADO!!!!!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    With that many you can hope they’ll eat each other first :D
    5JZ57S6.png

Time to reset the sim .....fast !!

Sim enim est vita