March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    They will announce the Origin Premier Access for The Sims 4 with exclusive content only for the subscribers :p

Yes, it is EA style! :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I wish they would add the social worker but since it's NPC related..... :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    If it's a feature update, I hope it's the emotion system! and/or the traits system. I was hoping that the update would be an attraction system, but since it's a 'feature *update*', I could see the emotion systems being something that they'd work on to fix, or maybe the UI, I can't think of anything else really that needs to be updated.. other than maybe CAS/Build mode. BUT then they say not to get hyped.. if it's just to fix the gardening even more, or to fix the issues that were broke in Seasons. D: then Iono what to think.

I feel a week is a little much - especially if it's nothing "too serious", but why do a live stream then? It's too late, I'm hyped anyways. And it's free, so I'm not going to be disappointed with free updates.

My thoughts exactly.

''Don't get too hyped'' blabla. Yet they feed the hype train by announcing a 1hour livestream a week before... no wonder people are getting hyped and expectations getting high again.

I will never get this kind of ''marketing''. Just tell us what it is IF it is not that big of a deal.

It's not like people cannot watch a VOD of the stream at a later time anyway if they miss it.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    I think and hope that they are changing the way the clothing system works and/or fixing the festivals so they are actually usable with seasons
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    I didn't see the rest of the pages when I commented. I feel bad I think a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed. I'm really really thinking that this is just going to be a CAS update.
  • Galu8Galu8 Posts: 15 Member
    Maybe more careers?
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Maybe they are finally adding the sim head to our pie menu :p

Please not, I always found this quiet childish looking in previous games :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited July 2018
    One thing I think has gotten overlooked in this live stream announcement hype (and I'm guilty of the hype too) is that they announced a patch release a week in advance. As far as I can remember, they never give us advanced notice of a patch release. We only find out about them when they drop. Sometimes patches are just bug fixes, sometimes they're bug fixes with free content. They've told us that this patch will be bug fixes with a feature update, but not to get too excited because it isn't going to be something huge.

SimGuruKate said a couple weeks ago (can't remember when exactly) that she and SimGuruSteve were talking about doing more live streams but she wouldn't say what kind of streams. She did say they are coming up with new ways to communicate better with us. Kate also said to stay to the end of this stream because she will be giving us more info on some of the new communication strategy. I'm thinking this stream is part of that strategy.

She was saying on Twitter yesterday that they are open to taking feedback on when they should announce these new streams. Some people were upset it was a week in advance because they didn't want to wait that long. She said they would be looking at maybe a 24-48 hour notice in the future, or another time frame.

To me, it sounds like this is just the first of many live streams we're going to be getting. Maybe we'll get one for every patch. I personally love that we're getting a week's advanced notice for this patch. So much better than opening Origin every Tuesday or Wednesday looking for a patch when we know one is coming, but not when.

Maybe we'll be getting live streams instead of teasers. I know this one isn't going to be a teaser, but maybe she'll be giving us info on that at the end of this stream. I personally believe them when they say not to get too excited about this update and building it up into something it's not going to be because we're just going to make ourselves disappointed.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited July 2018
    They will announce The Sims 4 will use Frostbite engine but the graphic will stay low quality :p
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Ok , no hype here . :/ it's just a patch. Nothing to get excited about. They should have just kept this as a secret until the 31.

The don't do livestreams for "just a patch" so obviously it's going to be more than just a few bug fixes....even Grant's tweet says bug fixes plus a "feature update".
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    It wouldn't be a big thing to everyone, but I would love to see an overhaul of our sims' inventories. The disorganization drives me crazy and makes it difficult to find what I need, especially when I want to fertilize a plant and have to scroll through a huge list of everything in the inventory just to find a fish. There needs to be some sort of system of organization, categories maybe, that makes using the inventory a little easier.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    How about let's patch all the annoying bugs and garbage messing up the game? That'd be the best patch and livestream anyone could ask for. I'm sick and tired of the floating fruits that are on my lot for over a year now that I cant' get rid of no matter what people suggested. How about let's patch in the aspirations and emotions everyone's been dying to have IE fears, loyalty etc. How about let's fix the fact that Sims stand around like dunces after you ask them to do something then suddenly forget what you ask or simply let time slide by for in game hours before finally doing it. How about let's fix Sims choosing to wash dinner dishes in the bathroom sink or any sink other than the one in the kitchen??? How about we get some new and exciting genres of music so there's more variety IE metal and country to name a few? How about we add new dancing that people have been begging for like slow dancing? How about make Grimm's ELECTRIC guitar actually sound like an electric guitar instead of an acoustic??? I think these are just small examples of all the things that need attention and improvements and although they're big deals they're not "hype".

But I'm sure we're just going to get five chairs, a few couches, a new roof pattern, and a new set of stairs pfft....
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited July 2018
    It's probably none of these things but I would be so happy if it was anything to do with attraction system, relationships, emotions, traits/aspirations. It would be amazing if we could have community lots on residentual lots, build our own apartments, have roommates and more importantly BE a roommate!

Its free so i'll be happy for whatever it is I guess.

Ooo it would be amazing if it's something to do with a clothes bin for townies and age ups :smiley:
    Post edited by LittlBowBub on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think that since they have scheduled a livestream, it's an update that needs a little bit of a visual walk-through so people can fully see and understand what the changes are. Since Grant is really downplaying it and he always reminds us that he never hints or misleads, I think it's something that a lot of people think of as a minor feature.

My guess, judging from some recent maintenance take-downs of the gallery, combined with the latest call-out for applications for gallery-based Game Changers, is that it's a gallery overhaul. I really think this is what it's going to be. I think it might include better ways to sort searches and improvements in connecting players and further protecting creators' rights. There have been many threads made in the last few years about the whole "stealing" situation and a LOT of people have weighed in their perspectives and left feedback. If the gallery is considered important enough for its own Game Changers, then I believe it definitely warrants an upgrade.

I know that this would disappoint a lot of people, which is why I think they are already trying to diffuse the excitement.

But I could be wrong. We'll know soon!
    #Team Occult
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > Since Grant is really downplaying it and he always reminds us that he never hints or misleads, I think it's something that a lot of people think of as a minor feature.
    >

I wonder if it will be a revamp of the Screenshot Capture Manager and Memories system so that I can finally start using memories to easily change emotions again without having to scroll through all the 1000 photos I've taken to get to the latest pic.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    It has something to do with a feature, that's what I got out of what was said. We're only talking about six days, here. It'll keep. In the meantime, I'll just play my game and hope this patch isn't another mod-buster.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    @JimG72 Ok that's nice ..And he also said please, please, please don't over hype about it too.
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited July 2018
    Lool now the devs are just messing with my emotions anyhow, I have gone from fine to happy, excited, sad and confused all in a split second like my sims emotions system

From we've got big updates and a livestream featuring it (happy)
    Then
    The devs have been working really hard on this one (excited, omg it has to be really big, starts guessing)
    Then
    They rule out all the features that are big and intresting (sad, like very sad)
    A free update on an open world for sims 4 would have been Maaaaaaad, like it would literally break the internet ( but no)
    And Then they say
    Don't really get too hyped (confused af, so what exactly is it the devs have been working really hard on)

My present state of emotion : confusedly curious

ETA: okk maybe it's not open world but maybe they've figured out how to implore Jungle Adventure's transitioning from one lot to another in all the worlds without the loading screen...HAHAHAHA I know its a big 'in my dreams' kinda thing but annnyway
    Post edited by Honey_Pie_360 on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It's probably none of these things but I would be so happy if it was anything to do with attraction system, relationships, emotions, traits/aspirations. It would be amazing if we could have community lots on residentual lots, build our own apartments, have roommates and more importantly BE a roommate!

Its free so i'll be happy for whatever it is I guess.

Yes they need to revamp the romance to start with update the sofa cuddle so they dont break off after 5 seconds.
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I wouldn't mind if it was some simple updates to the existing worlds. Like they said they did a lot of work on them to make them Seasons compatible. Would be nice if they added a few tweaks like letting you visit the hospital when you're sick or at least adding a few more buyable empty lots to Magnolia Promenade or filling some more of those empty shells in San Myshuno with apartments to rent.

But that's less likely than just a UI improvement to the Screenshot Manager :smile:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Holiday wrote: »
    Ever get bored of being so negative? :)

Just I'm "playful" :p

Maxis is able to do wonderful things, they proved it but it would be better if it could work without a ton of bugs :p .

Geek + Romance festivals
    1c510o5lnekw.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a big thing to everyone, but I would love to see an overhaul of our sims' inventories. The disorganization drives me crazy and makes it difficult to find what I need, especially when I want to fertilize a plant and have to scroll through a huge list of everything in the inventory just to find a fish. There needs to be some sort of system of organization, categories maybe, that makes using the inventory a little easier.

I so want a compost bin where we could put all fertilizing stuff. And, we should also be able to add leaves (if Seasons). It would clear up inventory space, and my sim would no longer need to walk about with a collection of pet poo in his "pocket".
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ll be happy with anything new, and it’s free so even better!
    I would however love to see new traits, jobs, or aspiration options, and I’ll still wait patiently for the pool table I desperately want.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Could it be an overhaul of the retail system?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top