Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repairing the friendship with Don

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I googled everywhere how to fix the friendship with Don. I left her inactive for a quite long time and she was full of red bar with Don. She doesn't have any pink bar with him. Her traits are Genius, Outgoing and Neat. She doesn't have any bad traits but I have no clue how she got bad friendship with Don. I don't know what happened with him while she was inactive. I tried to let her use lots of friendly interactions but Don keeps being mean to her. I'm not trying to go for romance with him. She is already engaged with my vampire sim. I just want to get the green bar with Don. I feel uncomfortable whenever she goes into gym as Don always shows up at gym. I want to know how to fix this without mod or cheats.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-23%2Bat%2B13.07.59.png

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    If you can maybe getting him to cloud or stargaze with your sim, they won't interact that way and he can't be mean to her. That should bring the red down to a level where he won't be so mean, or maybe even push it back into the green.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    If you can maybe getting him to cloud or stargaze with your sim, they won't interact that way and he can't be mean to her. That should bring the red down to a level where he won't be so mean, or maybe even push it back into the green.

Oh well.. unfortunately, I don't have Retreat game pack. T_T But thanks for the good tip.:)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Jeansoo The best thing to do no matter what Sim yours has had a falling out with is to let time pass. Eventually, their relationship will revert to neutral and you can start building up the relationship again. Trying to force a friendship between two Sims who despise each other will only make things worse.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

@Nindigo, Thanks. Yes I better let her stop talking to him for a while.
  • Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    If you're not opposed to using cheats, you can cheat their friendship.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2018

No idea what your Sims fitness skill is, but if level 10 you could mentor at the gym, that should return the bar to green. Alternatively phone calls or computer chat, slower but better than face to face if there automatically mean.

Post edited by Plainevil on
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @Jeansoo
    I have no idea if it would work, but maybe having them play chess or cards would be similar to star gazing?

Or yeah, just leave them be for a while

As a side note: Do you get the "Help repair relationship" prompt for any of your interaction options with any sims? (I don't know if that's base game or not)

Sometimes I'm shocked at how bad someone's relationship can be with another sim when I've never seen what caused the dislike
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    @Jeansoo
    I have no idea if it would work, but maybe having them play chess or cards would be similar to star gazing?

As a side note: Do you get the "Help repair relationship" prompt for any of your interaction options with any sims? (I don't know if that's base game or not)

Sometimes I'm shocked at how bad someone's relationship can be with another sim when I've never seen what caused the dislike

There is an interaction to help two other sims to repair their bad relationship, but it comes with Parenthood game pack.
    The gift giving from Seasons expansion pack also helps repair bad relationships. Sims accept gifts no matter their relationship, so it will work.
    The socials like apoligize, beg for forgiveness, try to talk, and find common ground are interactions that help to repair the relationship. It is better than waiting (which takes much longer).
    edited July 2018
    Plainevil wrote: »

No idea what your Sims fitness skill is, but if level 10 you could mentor at the gym, that should return the bar to green. Alternatively phone calls or computer chat, slower but better than face to face if there automatically mean.

aYes she is level 10 at fitness but the mentor interaction didn't come up while he was exercising. I thought Don's fitness skill was maxed out but I also noticed the mentor interaction came up on him with my vampire male sim who has a good friendship with Don. I found even the mentor is not available with a sim has bad relationship.
    @AlwaysAsking, I have never gotten that interaction but it will be the very good tip. I will try to find this today.:) Playing chess will be good as well. I can invite Don to my house and let him chess with my female sim. Thanks. :)
    edited July 2018
    EgonVM wrote: »
    @Jeansoo

There is an interaction to help two other sims to repair their bad relationship, but it comes with Parenthood game pack.
    The gift giving from Seasons expansion pack also helps repair bad relationships. Sims accept gifts no matter their relationship, so it will work.
    The socials like apoligize, beg for forgiveness, try to talk, and find common ground are interactions that help to repair the relationship. It is better than waiting (which takes much longer).

Uhoh..I don't have parenthood pack either. haha.. I'm waiting for the seasons on sale. LOL.. I tried to try to talk and Don gave her bad words back. The strange thing is that I don't see any apologise interaction towards Don.
    edited July 2018
    Actually, I'm planning to make a fitness club and invite Don to my club. If her club is going well, then the red bar might be removed quicker? Of course, he won't join if she invite him, I'm going to let my vampire male sim invite Don into my club. Don is a good friend of my vampire sim. Anyway, I will try this and playing chess together.:)
    You can simply add him by clicking on an empty member spot. Not need to get personal ;)

Nindigo wrote: »
    You can simply add him by clicking on an empty member spot. Not need to get personal ;)

Oh I worried about that he would refuse to join her club, thanks! :)
    @Jeansoo If you have trouble finding him in the list, try deleting some of the 'not in world' households that you don't care about.

@Nindigo , Thanks but Don is living in Caliente's house.:) I already added him.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    You could always put don in a swimming pool with no ladder (and walls or a fence for good measure) >:)
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

aYes she is level 10 at fitness but the mentor interaction didn't come up while he was exercising. I thought Don's fitness skill was maxed out but I also noticed the mentor interaction came up on him with my vampire male sim who has a good friendship with Don. I found even the mentor is not available with a sim has bad relationship.

I did wonder if the mentor might require a certain amount of friendship. Had an Enemies with benefits relationship from the wishing well, found out that the games date goals do not work with it. Deep conversations and massages, require some form of friendship.
    Jeansoo wrote: »

I did wonder if the mentor might require a certain amount of friendship. Had an Enemies with benefits relationship from the wishing well, found out that the games date goals do not work with it. Deep conversations and massages, require some form of friendship.

Oh wishing well? Is that good relationship wish available too? I can try that. Thanks very much! :)

edited July 2018
    I got a good result with clubbing. Don joined her fitness club. I set the friendly and funny interactions as recommended points in club and it worked! Don didn't give her any negative things and the red bar is getting removed. I'm really happy. I usually like to get along well with other premade sims in the sims 3 and the sims 4.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-25%2Bat%2B00.56.00.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-25%2Bat%2B00.55.31.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-25%2Bat%2B01.00.39.png

I'm so happy with this situation. Thanks all helps. Also Im going to raise Don's Logic skill playing chess together as well. I like Don Lothario as a friend.:D

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-25%2Bat%2B01.17.56.png

With my vampire sim, he still can mentor Don. :)

*thumbs up*

I wonder how your Sim got to such a bad standing with him to begin with. He and Caleb are my main Sims, but Don doesn't strike me as someone who would get easily offended...he is kind of too simple for that.

@Nindigo thanks. I wonder it too. I know Don is usually active and easy going. Caleb is a so attractive sim. I love him.:)