Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Sims gain logic painting mathematical diagrams.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    A child making crafts on the activity table can call over an adult to come have a look.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I just found out you can transform snowpals into items that can be sold.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I didn't know sims can freeze to death while playing in the sprinklers on hot summer day. Two YA , 1 child and 1 toddler played, one YA almost froze to death. I stopped her playing and gave her winter clothes to save her, she survived. She has cold acclimation trait.

That has to be a bug, no?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2018
    things I did not know.

that toddlers have more 4 different interactions that do the same thing :s

and two others that do the same thing.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    I didn't know sims can freeze to death while playing in the sprinklers on hot summer day. Two YA , 1 child and 1 toddler played, one YA almost froze to death. I stopped her playing and gave her winter clothes to save her, she survived. She has cold acclimation trait.

I found I have to watch the thermometer and the season under them. I found that out yesterday it can be the end of summer and be cool or even cold out and in the Spring instead of warm weather it is still cold.
    Don't know if it is a glitch or not, but I really don't like the way it goes so fast, It says if we change the amount of day for the season it could change our length of Seasons it could mess up the calendar, but thinking about it anyways and put my own holiday in where I want them, Some of their holidays are dumb anyways lol. when did Playing a prank become a holiday unless they mean April Fools Day.
  • wavveswavves Posts: 10,730 Member
    i didn't know people could smash kid's school projects. my poor child took sooo long working on it just for her brother's friend to stomp on it, then she ran outside to react and got this moodlet lol

iy507EW.jpg
    2H2rhkU.png
    3x1Bhmq.gif
    origin ID: wavvys
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I didn't know the little sims 1 background characters carry umbrellas when it's raining. Neat
    u4sn8.png
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Emily the Sea Monster is probably named after Emily Zeinner, concept artist for Sims 4 (since she did some concept art of the other Emily).
    But there's another possible origin for Emily's name.
    James White's 1958 sci-fi story, "The Trouble With Emily, features a brontosaurus like creature aboard Sector General, the hospital in space. At the time, people thought brontosauruses were too heavy to live on land, and so lived primarily in swamps.
    Anyway, the technicians named the brontosaurus Emily.
    After... wait for it... Emily Bronte.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    This thread was the perfect reading for my long train trip yesterday (over two hours). I had to catch up since January.
  • SarcasmIshSarcasmIsh Posts: 2 New Member
    Things I didn't know:
    For each sim you kill the grim reaper becomes your friend and stays for a bit

There's this seed called forbidden seed gained after DNA splicing I can't plant it yet so I'll just increase my garderning level

There are undiscovered insects and seeds after every excitement science hobby is fun!

Oh you can play songs from your PC on sims
  • SarcasmIshSarcasmIsh Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Evenstar606;c-13569946"]The bed thing doesn't work for me. I put the bed against the wall, then click on the side against the wall and my sim scoots over to lay there. But if I click on their spouse to sleep on the side that's not against the wall, they just stand there waving with a thought bubble over their head showing a picture of the bed.

So two sims cannot lay in the double bed if it's against the wall. Even though the open side is OPEN, the sims won't sleep there because the bed is against the wall. WHAT?[/quote]

It probably has something to do with the sims personality
  • FireproxxyFireproxxy Posts: 109 Member
    Idk if this was mentioned before but I befriended Brent and my sim randomly fell for him after flirting once or twice. Anyway he was freezing after jogging in snow and the interaction "hug to keep warm" or something along those lines came up!
    gcfhaNi.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Kleptomaniacs sometimes steal objects from their workplace, usually books. Mine keeps bringing home dirty dishes lately, I wonder what's up with that.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I didn't know that with the movie hangout stuff that a Sim can dislike a movie so much that he/she can fall asleep because of how boring the movie they are watching :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I didn't know that with the movie hangout stuff that a Sim can dislike a movie so much that he/she can fall asleep because of how boring the movie they are watching :D

They can also shush people trying to speak to them during the movie
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    It never happened before in my game. All females from this household were taken by the aliens. Two taken within seconds from each other, then grandma a bit later.
    2 of them are returning in this picture, grandma was still abducted when I took this picture.
    Is it normal or not ?
    XEFpXwS.png?1
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2018
    I didn’t know that...

- When a vampire is abducted by aliens they can have an alien kid which is also a vampire and has an alien form, dark form and disguise
    - That when you revive the Von Haunt Estate ghosts, they can still possess objects, pass through other sims and do not age
    - That ghosts have special powers depending on how they died
    - That if you leave your fireplace lit, it can start a fire randomly
    - Jealous sims will slap their spouse if they see them even talk to someone else
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    It never happened before in my game. All females from this household were taken by the aliens. Two taken within seconds from each other, then grandma a bit later.
    2 of them are returning in this picture, grandma was still abducted when I took this picture.
    Is it normal or not ?
    XEFpXwS.png?1

I don't have much experience with this, but one of my sim females has been abducted 3 times, and I guess that's rare

Also, I've heard that having the satellite dish or having a sim scientist in the home will make abductions more common
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Is it normal or not ?
    XEFpXwS.png?1

I don't have much experience with this, but one of my sim females has been abducted 3 times, and I guess that's rare

Also, I've heard that having the satellite dish or having a sim scientist in the home will make abductions more common

A long time ago, I had a sim who got abducted every night. He had a rocket ship, which he used often, but he wasn't a scientist. Luckily, I had a mod to disable alien pregnancies.
  • KittyCat_HolmesKittyCat_Holmes Posts: 7 New Member
    I just learned that you can buy plasma packets on your computer. :D I was having my vampire sim call friends over just to drink their blood. xD
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    edited July 2018
    https://postimg.cc/image/8i0pkzkwn I just found out some objects become two objects when buydebug is on. Is this an angry bird? haha https://s15.postimg.cc/cr5fn5o63/07-26-18_7-33-16_AM.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Flower children! Did you know that you can feed flowers to toddlers? Uhm, roses even... now, if we also grew cacti... :wink:

211-6bb-grossing-c.jpg
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    If you want to give your Sims a "vacation" home of sorts, go to build mode and put the unoccupied home desired as a "generic" lot with a "privacy" trait. You can decorate however your want in build mode and your Sims can stay there for as long as they want and even bring pets with them. You can also use their personal things to decorate the home away from home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top