Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have a Sim's game that you regret purchasing?

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Am I the only one who loved KP Sweet Treats? I thought the items were great for little girls rooms, I was thoroughly pi*ss*ed when I rebought my whole game on Steam and that was the ONLY pack they don't have! :unamused:
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Am I the only one who loved KP Sweet Treats? I thought the items were great for little girls rooms, I was thoroughly pi*ss*ed when I rebought my whole game on Steam and that was the ONLY pack they don't have! :unamused:

If it was the worst selling stuff pack I can understand why EA didn't want to print new boxes and DVDs, but not why they didn't make it available as a digital download? :open_mouth:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

Someone else must like it, lol!

I don't use very much of it. I have one world mainly populated with fairy folk and use some of the trees and that there. Otherwise I can't really fit the furniture or anything into my worlds unless something like a Sweet Shop/Café which is what I did.

The clothes I use some of the formal gowns sometimes but that's it.

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I regret sims 3 island paradise but only because I can never get it to work I would like to play with it
    so I hope they make one for sims 4 and that it works
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    I regret sims 3 island paradise but only because I can never get it to work I would like to play with it
    It's the world that comes with the EP that's flawed, not the pack itself. Most of us on strong enough systems who play a fixed up version of it have no problems with the content. Or we choose to play with the content in other worlds that don't have the design flaws.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
    (A ready to play fixed saved game in Isla Paradiso is available to just pop in and load, most of the thread goes on to describe what has or could be done for the Do It Yourself crowd.)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I liked the build/buy items from it. They are fantastic for parks and kids rooms. The clothes not so much. I have not installed it on the laptop I'm using currently as I do need to keep it running so trying not to put everything in.
    igazor wrote: »
    It's the world that comes with the EP that's flawed, not the pack itself. Most of us on strong enough systems who play a fixed up version of it have no problems with the content. Or we choose to play with the content in other worlds that don't have the design flaws.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
    (A ready to play fixed saved game in Isla Paradiso is available to just pop in and load, most of the thread goes on to describe what has or could be done for the Do It Yourself crowd.)

but the pack is base around the world so if you can use it it's pretty bad
    also I have a good gaming rig I wish I didn't have to do all that just to play it
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member

No. I have KP Sweet Treats. I'm thinking of one day making my own world with items from that stuff pack. :)
    :) Smile!

edited July 2018
    also I have a good gaming rig I wish I didn't have to do all that just to play it
    Yes, the world should not have been released like it was, yes it can be a pain to fix up once we learn where its serious problems are, no we shouldn't have to undertake the learning curve and do these things to make the world playable.

But @ciane has done them all for us now, "do all that" just means start up a game using her version of the world as a save instead of the one that spawns from the main menu. Many of us do not forgive EA's reluctance to have fixed that world by way of a patch, but we can still enjoy the pack the way it was meant to be played. And between the snorkeling, water-skiing, deep sea caves, boating, lifeguarding, island discoveries, shellfish, mermaids, sharks, and resorts (am I leaving anything out?) there's a lot of gameplay there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes, the world should not have been released like it was, yes it can be a pain to fix up once we learn where its serious problems are, no we shouldn't have to undertake the learning curve and do these things to make the world playable.

But @ciane has done them all for us now, "do all that" just means start up a game using her version of the world as a save instead of the one that spawns from the main menu. Many of us do not forgive EA's reluctance to have fixed that world by way of a patch, but we can still enjoy the pack the way it was meant to be played. And between the snorkeling, water-skiing, deep sea caves, boating, lifeguarding, island discoveries, shellfish, mermaids, sharks, and resorts (am I leaving anything out?) there's a lot of gameplay there.

even so if I had known how bad the bugs were I would not have bought it thank you for the help though I may try what you suggest
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I started sims with Sims 3 and have all EPs except ITF,

ITF has a ton of content. I bought it for all the building stuff (great windows) Plus it has all the new Plum bots with a new career. You don't have to use the time machine thingy at all. I usually delete it when it shows up....but it's worth having. Unless you don't like the Futuristic hair and clothing... then maybe not.

I thought it was worth the money as far as EP's go for TS3.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I regret buying the original sims game, as it sparked a long running addiction, causing my free time and wallet to suffer.

Honestly I kind of love/hate Showtime. Love all the skills and clothing and whatnot, hate that no matter how many settings I tweak, I still get npc sims pulled into showtime careers. Only 1 or 2 now that I've finally mastered eliminating it, but they used to steal all my co-workers.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    The Sims 4. *Shudders* Biggest disappointment ever.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I invested around 200 euros in Sims 3 and only got to play it for like 10 hours. My game started getting really laggy and choppy and sadly it bothered way too much to continue. I just never got it to work as smoothly as I wanted it to. I’m kinda resigned it just doesn’t like my computer.
    So because of that, I regret buying anything sims 3, sadly :(
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    No, I don’t regret any purchase. For Sims 3 I don’t because I’ve been enjoying all of it and still am (including some of the stuff that came with the KP pack) and I wouldn’t want to miss one of them (including what I have from the Store and my worlds) and for Sims 4 because what I have bought all contributes to at least being able to enjoy it to some extent. Plus I’m a curious person and I want to try things. Which means that even though Jungle Adventure was a disappointment to me (I’d really looked forward to that pack because I love WA so much), I still don’t regret buying it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    No, not even Sims 4, even though I only played it for a total of 4 months.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The Katy Perry pack. It is only pack that I regret buying.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • AntiSocialSim72AntiSocialSim72 Posts: 186 Member
    I own all of the first three games, all of the store for 2, and I'm guessing 90% of the store for 3. No, I don't regret any of it. I don't buy games (or much of anything) on impulse, I do my research and then buy, so there are very few regrets in my list of over 400 games (obvs not all Sims). I also waited and watched so I payed full price for very little. I even found KPST on ebay for $2 plus shippping ($5 total, which means the shipping was more than the disc :lol: ) which I found fair enough, since I had fun recoloring some things and have modded out like 95% of the pack. That was worth it to me, I have fun digging into files and "fixing" things :smile:

No, I don't own, and have zero plans on getting, 4. I have an Origin free computer (Sims is the only EA game I care about) and it will stay that way. I say that knowing that it means I am likely never moving on from Sims 3, and I don't regret that decision, either.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Just a couple of the stuff packs. Katy Perry Sweet Treats (though that was a gift) and Movie Stuff.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love having TS2 and TS3 to give me something to do when the weather is too hot for anything else though I have to play without chess tables in TS3 in new games until a bug causing them to throw errors is fixed by Modders and I can just add them in after more families arrive in town.I love playing TS3 as if it's TS3 Open World Edition which is one of the unofficial TS3 EPs created by Modders.I play it rotationally like TS2 and also start the games much like the games are started in TS2.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AnkieACAnkieAC Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2023
    deleted
    Post edited by AnkieAC on
    edited August 2018
    AnkieAC wrote: »
    I really regret purchasing Pets, i woke up one day thinking i NEED pets to add realism in my game buy honestly i am not an animal person in real life so dogs and cats don't phase me, when i get my sim a pet, i rarely take care of it and just let it do whatever..someone tell me how to make the pets expansion fun?
    Well, there's ice cream trucks and Appaloosa, the world that came with the EP. Pretty weak reasons to favor an EP though, unless you really like ice cream that much.

Justifying an EP that is 99% about animals to someone who doesn't care for animals much is a pretty tall order. But not every household needs to have dogs, cats, and horses (two of each or some such combo). Not all of my households have pets at all, but I love playing the ones that do and the ones who actually breed animals as a hobby or to extend their income (NRaas Consigner mod). Raising them is like raising children only easier, and they can take care of themselves after a while with someone or another animal to socialize with, the right props, and some gentle user direction.

So maybe just one pet here and there, or let the neighbors all have them to enhance the story's background? What about birds and the other smaller pets, no good either? Speaking as someone who just this weekend had a bird fly into his big city apartment in real life, this was not much fun to deal with, I'm actually not all that taken with them right now myself so I feel a bit like a hypocrite. But the birds in the game are better behaved and the ones that can talk are amazing. An occasional unicorn in the storyline maybe?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Into the future really isn't my favorite.I never time travel.I basically just bought it to have the clothing and items, for lots I wanted to download.Just don't enjoy it that much.My second least favorite is Uni.Just feels like a tedious chore to go to Uni, especially if you send only one sim and you gotta sit around while she's in class and just look at a rabbit hole.LOL
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Sims Medieval
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    AnkieAC wrote: »
    I really regret purchasing Pets, i woke up one day thinking i NEED pets to add realism in my game buy honestly i am not an animal person in real life so dogs and cats don't phase me, when i get my sim a pet, i rarely take care of it and just let it do whatever..someone tell me how to make the pets expansion fun?
    Well, there's ice cream trucks and Appaloosa, the world that came with the EP. Pretty weak reasons to favor an EP though, unless you really like ice cream that much.

Justifying an EP that is 99% about animals to someone who doesn't care for animals much is a pretty tall order. But not every household needs to have dogs, cats, and horses (two of each or some such combo). Not all of my households have pets at all, but I love playing the ones that do and the ones who actually breed animals as a hobby or to extend their income (NRaas Consigner mod). Raising them is like raising children only easier, and they can take care of themselves after a while with someone or another animal to socialize with, the right props, and some gentle user direction.

So maybe just one pet here and there, or let the neighbors all have them to enhance the story's background? What about birds and the other smaller pets, no good either? Speaking as someone who just this weekend had a bird fly into his big city apartment in real life, this was not much fun to deal with, I'm actually not all that taken with them right now myself so I feel a bit like a hypocrite. But the birds in the game are better behaved and the ones that can talk are amazing. An occasional unicorn in the storyline maybe?

My main problem with Pets is the one I've always had.

The game keeps giving the families I am currently not playing pets. Tons of pets. I don't know how the pets survive because there are no food bowls, no litter boxes, no beds. No hay or salt lick for the darn horses the game thinks my guys in the one bedroom on a 20 x 20 lot should have.

I haven't found a way to stop it and it drives me crazy but I haven't uninstalled it because I like some of the objects that came with it.