Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Shawnathan8Shawnathan8 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello! My name is Shawn. I am new to the forum but not new to the sims. I have been playing since I was 10 when the original sims came out. I have a love for all of the sims games, but sims 2 was my favorite. I now only play sims 4. I’ve never used forums before, so this will be a learning curve but I’m ready! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hello! My name is Shawn. I am new to the forum but not new to the sims. I have been playing since I was 10 when the original sims came out. I have a love for all of the sims games, but sims 2 was my favorite. I now only play sims 4. I’ve never used forums before, so this will be a learning curve but I’m ready! :)

Hello @Shawnathan8 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that you started simming when a child, and played the original sims one :) You would have enjoyed having simming as a part of your life as you were growing up. Simming is fun!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads, meeting fellow simmers, and posting on the threads about the sims from your games.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Shawnathan8Shawnathan8 Posts: 16 Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16632446"][quote="Shawnathan8;c-16632407"]Hello! My name is Shawn. I am new to the forum but not new to the sims. I have been playing since I was 10 when the original sims came out. I have a love for all of the sims games, but sims 2 was my favorite. I now only play sims 4. I’ve never used forums before, so this will be a learning curve but I’m ready! :) [/quote]

It is very special that you started simming when a child, and played the original sims one :) You would have enjoyed having simming as a part of your life as you were growing up. Simming is fun!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads, meeting fellow simmers, and posting on the threads about the sims from your games.
    Happy simming! :) [/quote]

The Sims was a great escape from everything and still offers that when I need it :) thank you for the welcome, I’m happy to be a part of the community!
    rosemow wrote: »

The Sims was a great escape from everything and still offers that when I need it :) thank you for the welcome, I’m happy to be a part of the community!

You’re welcome @Shawnathan8 :)
  • alostteenalostteen Posts: 56 Member
    thx @rosemow it helped> @rosemow said:
    > Hello @alostteen
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    >
    > If the issues remain, you may like to post the last exception file on the general support section of the MCCC mod discord server. Simmers there will help you
    p
    alostteen wrote: »
    thx @rosemow it helped> @rosemow said:
    > Hello @alostteen
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    >
    > If the issues remain, you may like to post the last exception file on the general support section of the MCCC mod discord server. Simmers there will help you
    p

You’re welcome :)
  • MetaniteTVMetaniteTV Posts: 21 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Sims 3 Pets. Because it has horses, and I've been riding and working with horses for almost 10 years.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? The freedom to create and explore.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Mostly Motherlode and everything that keeps sims needs 100%.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not really XD

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? I do! bought the sims 4 last month
    and already got some packs. My favorite is that I can be a vet and take care of sick animals. Also that I can visit the
    Simmers work places and so stuff. We never had it before, It's cool!

I've been playing Sims since the first game came out. I Consider myself a proud simmer! :D
    I'm also 20, and you can call me Sky :smile:
    Hello @SkyyRin :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simming!” again!
    The feature in Sims 4 that sims can run a Vet clinic is great! It is very nice that our sims can be vets and take care of sick animals.
    It is enjoyable going with our sims to the active careers that came with GTW.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • KriintKriint Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey I am Kriint, I am relatively new to this forum thing since I found them quite painful to keep up with even though I have an account for about two years now :#

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Definitely Seasons

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Building

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Only building cheats since I don't play that much in live mode
    Kriint wrote: »
    Hey I am Kriint, I am relatively new to this forum thing since I found them quite painful to keep up with even though I have an account for about two years now :#

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Definitely Seasons

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Building

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Only building cheats since I don't play that much in live mode

Hello @Kriint :) It is nice to meet you.
    Seasons is a great expansion pack! It is very enjoyable seeing our sims experiencing different weather conditions and enjoying doing seasonal activities. The changing landscapes of the worlds through the various seasons looks very scenic and nice.
    Building is a great part of simming! It is an enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game! MOO is a very helpful cheat to use when building, helping us to try out new ways of placing and combining items.
  • missautumn19missautumn19 Posts: 22 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Its tied between Laundry day and Seasons.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? The vast amount of play styles. Build/flip builds/story tell

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Sometimes, just the max motives in playing. For build MOO or debug

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Just keep messing around and playing with different options. If you get stuck take a break and walk away or watch some youtube videos. My favortie trick that I learned is using the alt key to free up placement on the grid.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes. I love how much smoother it plays from the previous editions, but I'm wishing we had some more creative options with building. Split floor plans, spiral stairs, etc.
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Its tied between Laundry day and Seasons.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? The vast amount of play styles. Build/flip builds/story tell

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Sometimes, just the max motives in playing. For build MOO or debug

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Just keep messing around and playing with different options. If you get stuck take a break and walk away or watch some youtube videos. My favortie trick that I learned is using the alt key to free up placement on the grid.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes. I love how much smoother it plays from the previous editions, but I'm wishing we had some more creative options with building. Split floor plans, spiral stairs, etc.

Hello @missautumn19 :) I have posted on the other thread to you, but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    Seasons is a great expansion pack! It is very nice having our sims experiencing the diffrerent types of weather, and doing the seasonal activities. The worlds landscapes in Wintertimr are especially nice!
    Moo is a very helpful building cheat! We can enjoy using it to express our creativity in new ways!
  • SimmerTJ724SimmerTJ724 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I am SimmerTJ724 and I am new to forums! I am not new to the Sims though and have been playing since I was 12 with the very first Sims game! I only play the Sims 4 now.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? My favorite EP/SP is Seasons even though I am having issues with game at the moment. Lol.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? I like building/designing houses and creating families.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I use MC Command Center and UI Cheats Extension.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not that I can think of :smiley:

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I play it exclusively now! I wish we could control pets like in Sims 3. I also wish there was University. I love that there are way more options for building and the sims have definitely evolved since Sims 1 and look wat better!
    Hello! I am SimmerTJ724 and I am new to forums! I am not new to the Sims though and have been playing since I was 12 with the very first Sims game! I only play the Sims 4 now.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? My favorite EP/SP is Seasons even though I am having issues with game at the moment. Lol.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? I like building/designing houses and creating families.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I use MC Command Center and UI Cheats Extension.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not that I can think of :smiley:

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I play it exclusively now! I wish we could control pets like in Sims 3. I also wish there was University. I love that there are way more options for building and the sims have definitely evolved since Sims 1 and look wat better!

Hello @SimmerTJ724 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since you were a child, and that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1. You would have spent many fun hours over the time simming!
    I am sorry that you are having game issues with Seasons :( Try making sure that you have the updated versions of MCCC mod and UI Cheats extension mod, that have been released since the recent games patch.
    Building and creating are very enjoyable parts of simming! They are great ways of expressing our creativity through the game!
  • JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
    Hi everyone! I just posted on the other new members forum but then found this new member thread as well.

...I think my favorite expansion is Get Together just because Windenberg is absolutely my most favorite and played town. The Tudor style architecture is amazing and I enjoy creating little fairytale homes and cottages with the build items from that expansion.

...My favorite thing about the game is the amount of creative freedom. I honestly feel like I am not really playing a game so much as practicing art. I used to draw and craft a lot but recently a lot of that creative freedom is getting funneled through making lots and households. And what is so great about the creations you make in this game is that you can interact with your finished product (i.e. live in the houses you build, play with the sims you created) which brings a whole other level of reward to your creative efforts.

...The cheats that I regular use are bb.moveobjects and motherlode. :D It's way more fun to play without money cheats but on occasion when I have to play test a home I created, I will need to front some money to a sim.

Well I think that is all I wanted to say. Thank for you reading and I hope get involved with more of the forum in the future.
    edited August 2018
    JKaorin wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I just posted on the other new members forum but then found this new member thread as well.

...I think my favorite expansion is Get Together just because Windenberg is absolutely my most favorite and played town. The Tudor style architecture is amazing and I enjoy creating little fairytale homes and cottages with the build items from that expansion.

...My favorite thing about the game is the amount of creative freedom. I honestly feel like I am not really playing a game so much as practicing art. I used to draw and craft a lot but recently a lot of that creative freedom is getting funneled through making lots and households. And what is so great about the creations you make in this game is that you can interact with your finished product (i.e. live in the houses you build, play with the sims you created) which brings a whole other level of reward to your creative efforts.

...The cheats that I regular use are bb.moveobjects and motherlode. :D It's way more fun to play without money cheats but on occasion when I have to play test a home I created, I will need to front some money to a sim.

Well I think that is all I wanted to say. Thank for you reading and I hope get involved with more of the forum in the future.

Hello @JKaorin :) I have posted on the other thread to you, but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    Windenberg is a very pretty world! The Tuder style architecture is very nice! The build mode items that came with the Get Together pack are very nice to use in our builds. Moo is a very helpful building cheat! It helps us to express our creativity, and enables us to create many special feature areas in our builds.
  • JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask my question...but I seem to recall a thread where new members could ask questions since we are not able to create threads of our own? I have some questions about builds that I'd like to ask.
    JKaorin wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask my question...but I seem to recall a thread where new members could ask questions since we are not able to create threads of our own? I have some questions about builds that I'd like to ask.

Hello @JKaorin
    If you are having build mode issues and are playing Sims 4, you may like to post on this link thread. BryonyRae is a builder and runs the thread. and will help you.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-now-testing-patch-6-19-18#latest
  • HelitorianHelitorian Posts: 19 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?

It's a tie between Seasons and Pets. I love all the neat things that come with Seasons like the falling leaves, hail, and Festivals. But in Pets...well...it's pets! Who doesn't want to be the crazy cat lady in Sims?

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

Oddly enough, watching my family tree grow larger. I'm obsessed with it.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I try not to unless I need to move some families around into houses they can't afford.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

Sadly, I don't.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

As much as I like the way the sims and houses look, I dislike that they don't have an open world like the Sims 3.
    Helitorian wrote: »

It's a tie between Seasons and Pets. I love all the neat things that come with Seasons like the falling leaves, hail, and Festivals. But in Pets...well...it's pets! Who doesn't want to be the crazy cat lady in Sims?

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

Oddly enough, watching my family tree grow larger. I'm obsessed with it.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I try not to unless I need to move some families around into houses they can't afford.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

Sadly, I don't.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

As much as I like the way the sims and houses look, I dislike that they don't have an open world like the Sims 3.

Hello @Helitorian :) I have posted on the other thread to you, but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    Seasons is a great pack! It is very nice seeing the changing weather through the days and differing seasons, and having our sims enjoying doing seasonal activities. Festivals are very enjoyable and fun for our sims to visit.
    It is great to have pets as a part of our sims households! It is very nice seeing the interaction between Sims and their pets.
  • valexxtinavalexxtina Posts: 66 Member
    For EP I think Seasons, but I like a lot Cats and dogs. For Game Pack Dine out and for Stuff Pack probably Backyard Stuff

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Create A Sim and Build/Buy

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I sometimes use "freerealestate on", "cas.fulleditmode" and UI cheats extension mod, so it's kinda a cheat.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not really...But when your Sim is too slow or it freezes It's very helpful to use rhe "debug" cheat.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I have it. I love Build7Buy and the way you can personalize your Sim in CAS with all the sliders. I don't really like the fact that there're still not lotr of interactions and things to do/hobbies.
    valexxtina wrote: »
    For EP I think Seasons, but I like a lot Cats and dogs. For Game Pack Dine out and for Stuff Pack probably Backyard Stuff

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Create A Sim and Build/Buy

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I sometimes use "freerealestate on", "cas.fulleditmode" and UI cheats extension mod, so it's kinda a cheat.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not really...But when your Sim is too slow or it freezes It's very helpful to use rhe "debug" cheat.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I have it. I love Build7Buy and the way you can personalize your Sim in CAS with all the sliders. I don't really like the fact that there're still not lotr of interactions and things to do/hobbies.
    Hello @valexxtina :) It is nice to meet you.
    Seasons and Cats and Dogs are great sims 4 expansion packs! It is nice seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions depending on the season, and enjoying doing seasonal activities. The cats and dogs in the game are very cute! It is nice seeing them playing with our sims.
    The UI Cheats extension mod is very helpful to use!
    Building homes and community venues, and creating sims in cas are very special ways to express our creativity through the game! They are enjoyable and fun to do also!
  • valexxtinavalexxtina Posts: 66 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > valexxtina wrote: »
    >
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    > For EP I think Seasons, but I like a lot Cats and dogs. For Game Pack Dine out and for Stuff Pack probably Backyard Stuff
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Create A Sim and Build/Buy
    >
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I sometimes use "freerealestate on", "cas.fulleditmode" and UI cheats extension mod, so it's kinda a cheat.
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not really...But when your Sim is too slow or it freezes It's very helpful to use rhe "debug" cheat.
    >
    > 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I have it. I love Build7Buy and the way you can personalize your Sim in CAS with all the sliders. I don't really like the fact that there're still not lotr of interactions and things to do/hobbies.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @valexxtina :) It is nice to meet you.
    > Seasons and Cats and Dogs are great sims 4 expansion packs! It is nice seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions depending on the season, and enjoying doing seasonal activities. The cats and dogs in the game are very cute! It is nice seeing them playing with our sims.
    > The UI Cheats extension mod is very helpful to use!
    > Building homes and community venues, and creating sims in cas are very special ways to express our creativity through the game! They are enjoyable and fun to do also!
    > Happy simming ! :)

Thank you!
    valexxtina wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > valexxtina wrote: »
    >
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    > For EP I think Seasons, but I like a lot Cats and dogs. For Game Pack Dine out and for Stuff Pack probably Backyard Stuff
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Create A Sim and Build/Buy
    >
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I sometimes use "freerealestate on", "cas.fulleditmode" and UI cheats extension mod, so it's kinda a cheat.
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not really...But when your Sim is too slow or it freezes It's very helpful to use rhe "debug" cheat.
    >
    > 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I have it. I love Build7Buy and the way you can personalize your Sim in CAS with all the sliders. I don't really like the fact that there're still not lotr of interactions and things to do/hobbies.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @valexxtina :) It is nice to meet you.
    > Seasons and Cats and Dogs are great sims 4 expansion packs! It is nice seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions depending on the season, and enjoying doing seasonal activities. The cats and dogs in the game are very cute! It is nice seeing them playing with our sims.
    > The UI Cheats extension mod is very helpful to use!
    > Building homes and community venues, and creating sims in cas are very special ways to express our creativity through the game! They are enjoyable and fun to do also!
    > Happy simming ! :)

Thank you!

You’re welcome :)
  • SilverdroidSilverdroid Posts: 14 New Member
    Hello! My name is Marvin, but I am also know under my online alias "Silverdroid".

I started playing The Sims in 2009. By The Sims, I mean The Sims. The original released in 2000 :)
    Very soon, I also got The Sims 3, which remains my favorite part of the series until today.
    Eventually, I also tried out The Sims 2 at some point, which I also like a lot. Probably my #2 Sims game.
    I never really got into The Sims 4, but I really like the new Build Mode, Create A Sim, and Live Mode.

I actually signed up to get some help with getting The Sims 3 up and running on my newer laptop, but I hope to meet some new people here and contribute to this friendly community!

1 - My favorite Expansion Packs:

Sims 1 - My favorite expansion is Unleashed, because it extended the neighborhood by a lot and added so many cool new houses and features. It made the game feel less limited and added a lot of fun!

Sims 2 - My favorite expansion is Nightlife, because of the added downtown, cars, and many more.
    My favorite stuff pack was the IKEA Stuff pack. Because I love IKEA furniture :)

Sims 3 - My favorite expansions are World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. World Adventures adds the ability to explore three different worlds, which added so much new gameplay. Ambitions added so many fun careers, and Late Night also added a ton of stuff.
    My favorite stuff pack is High-End Loft Stuff. The furniture looks really modern and cool!

Sims 4 - I can't really judge, but it's probably Get Together or City Living.

2 - My favorite things to do:

My favorite thing to do is interior design. I work as a graphic designer IRL; maybe that's why. I also love building, but my standards are very high, so I mostly scrap any building projects because I am not satisfied with them. Of course I also love playing with my Sims in Live Mode!

3 - Cheats I use:

Actually, I love to play without cheats. Motherlode takes away the fun, and setting your needs to static can get boring.
    However, moveObjects, constrainFloorElevation, placeFriezes and some more are cheats that I use :)

4 - My tips and tricks:

For The Sims 1 - if you haven't tried it yet, do it. It is way harder than any other Sims game, but make sure to stock up on expansions so it doesn't get boring too fast!

For The Sims 2, just have a lot of fun, play with all different Sims, and create your own neighborhood. That game is one of the most fun Sims games and there's so much to do.

For The Sims 3, keep your save files clean kids. And don't litter your game with too much Custom Content and too many Expansions :(
    Besides Performance Issues, explore the world, learn skills, or mess around and erase the whole neighborhood with a meteor :')

For The Sims 4, don't spend your entire paycheck on expansions ;) ;) ;)

5 - No, I don't have The Sims 4. But you probably figured that out by now.

I used to have it installed on my older laptop, though. It was fun to play in Live Mode. Building was also extremely fun (and so much easier than in The Sims 3). But it just felt so limited because of the small world sizes and half-baked gameplay.

Thanks for reading this far and have a good day/night and a great weekend :)