Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Piles of Leaves

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    The rate they spawn is out of control. My Sim found one near her house in spring, I must of burned it at least 6 times. At first I thought burning wasn’t working, until she started to grab ash out of the middle of the pile to throw away. So I guess many piles had spawned on top of each other in the same spot. I was never able to get rid of all of them because it started to rain, and my Sim was starving from being there so long anyway.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    The rate they spawn is out of control. My Sim found one near her house in spring, I must of burned it at least 6 times. At first I thought burning wasn’t working, until she started to grab ash out of the middle of the pile to throw away. So I guess many piles had spawned on top of each other in the same spot. I was never able to get rid of all of them because it started to rain, and my Sim was starving from being there so long anyway.

I was wondering if the piles of leaves were having the same issue the plants were having. They just fixed the bug where the plants were spawning in threes and I think the piles are having the same problem. I find I need to burn them three times but if I let a few falls go by a new pile spawns over the old one and I have to burn it like six times as well.

It really needs to get fixed already.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    @SimGuruNick, can you please elaborate if this is a bug or intended?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »

I was wondering if the piles of leaves were having the same issue the plants were having. They just fixed the bug where the plants were spawning in threes and I think the piles are having the same problem. I find I need to burn them three times but if I let a few falls go by a new pile spawns over the old one and I have to burn it like six times as well.

It really needs to get fixed already.

That makes sense, it had been fall twice in my save too.
  • DYWBeeDYWBee Posts: 34 Member
    It's so frustrating - where would the leaves even come from in Oasis Springs? They look very misplaced. The random spawning is out of control, nobody is raking the leaves and then all of a sudden, BAM, piles of leaves I cannot get rid of. And why oh why do they smell? I have never in my life walked past a pile of leaves and thought it smelled bad.
    If they have to smell, they should biodegrade and disappear on their own. The leaves definitely should not stay forever.
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Irdiwen wrote: »

It's a bug as far as I know, QA is currently tracking it as a bug. It looks like our testers have had trouble reproducing the issue thus far though. Does anyone have a save file of this issue occurring that they could share with me? Thanks for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Also I've noticed outside of autumn the leaf piles around the world WILL. NOT. BURN. No matter how many times I try.

Oh my?! Hopefully we can trash them? I didn't actually try, and I'm thinking this can be dealt with in a future patch.

Can't even trash them. We have to burn them first, not one burn but like three burns LOL. Then if there is no trash can nearby you cannot throw away the ashes. UGH :(

My random neighbors actually throw the piles of ash away as soon as the leaf piles burn completely.

What about the piles not near trash cans?

The ones I’ve seen them throw away are in the middle of open fields behind my Sims house.

By the pancake house? Most of those are near trash cans. The area where Summer, Liberty and Travis live is a bit challenging with the trash cans. I am by the Goths now. I got so excited because I didn't see any piles and then they started spawning. Are you getting the throw away option when you click on the pile? I only get the throw away without burning for leaves raked on my Sim lot.

My Sims are in Newcrest, on the 40x30 lot that's near the fishing pond. They've got a leaf pile right behind their house, but no other trash cans around and they can't even take them back to their lot to throw away.

I wonder if they could program the NPC gardeners who work in the parks to do leaf control. Or maybe groups of NPC Scouts would show up in their uniforms to take care of the leaves.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Irdiwen wrote: »

It's a bug as far as I know, QA is currently tracking it as a bug. It looks like our testers have had trouble reproducing the issue thus far though. Does anyone have a save file of this issue occurring that they could share with me? Thanks for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302

wow really?

I would send my save but it is pretty modded. Can someone send @SimGuruNick a save file please?
    I have just 2 mods running atm. Is that still too much?
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited July 2018
    These leaf piles - are they mostly a problem in your save files from before Seasons or after? Or both? It's worth running a check, because the spawn rate of wild plants is messed up in my long-standing save, but not in new games.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    These leaf piles - are they mostly a problem in your save files from before Seasons or after?

Makes no difference. Old save, new save, they're there.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    New game running only 3 mods no CC
    and the leaf piles are driving my outdoor Sims inside. So bad I had to move them into another house. I burned and burned and nothing but stinky leaves. They should be able to be composted and used for fertilizer on the gardens. Hope the bug is fixed soon
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    I shared a save, hopefully they'll be able to find a fix.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, a patch will be released on July 31th, so let's hope all the major issues will get fixed.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Thanks to those that sent Nick a save and reported the problem as well :) Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  • SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    Thanks to those that sent Nick a save and reported the problem as well :) Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Nope. :(
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    SimSiren3 wrote: »

It’s been tweeted it will be fixed in a future patch, but not the next one. They are working on it :)

Akl500P wrote: »

It’s been tweeted it will be fixed in a future patch, but not the next one. They are working on it :)

ugh really?? Not the next patch?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Apparently it's more troublesome than it seems...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Thank goodness I found a mod to destroy the pile in the meantime. I still have to wait for fall to be over because they keep respawning.
  • DomagojpanicDomagojpanic Posts: 66 Member

Thank goodness I found a mod to destroy the pile in the meantime. I still have to wait for fall to be over because they keep respawning.

which mod sis
    edited August 2018

which mod sis

http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/

Here you go. Google can translate for you. Scroll down and the destroy leaf pile should be listed. :)
  • adgegaudadgegaud Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Domagojpanic said:
    > keekee53 wrote: »
    >
    > paradiseplanet wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Akl500P wrote: »
    >
    > SimSiren3 wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Thanks to those that sent Nick a save and reported the problem as well :) Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nope. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It’s been tweeted it will be fixed in a future patch, but not the next one. They are working on it :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ugh really?? Not the next patch?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Apparently it's more troublesome than it seems...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank goodness I found a mod to destroy the pile in the meantime. I still have to wait for fall to be over because they keep respawning.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > which mod sis

I've found that TwistedMexi's AllCheats mod works on the leaf piles too by using the Destroy Object cheat. I can't post the link, but you can find it on Mod The Sims by searching for "allcheats".

Sometimes you have to destroy object a few times to get it to go away completely though. It seems there are a few stages of destruction on the piles, I'm guessing cause they need to burn multiple times to go away.
  • an4527an4527 Posts: 1 New Member
    I did the burning thing it took like 4 or 5 tries on each and when i was throwing it away it took like 4 or five tries to throw them away. I guess there is some sort of glitch that has several leaf piles on top of one another so you have to do it multiple times when you're actually burning multiple plies. IDK. I hope they fix this because it was very time consuming and annoying as hell to go back and forth through the 5 piles in my neighborhood to burn and burn and burn and throw away multiple times. Jeez