Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together or Pets?

I just got seasons, and was thinking about also getting Cats & Dogs. When I did my research, I saw what an empty pack it is. I enjoy pets in my game, but it’s not something I’m DESPERATE for. I also never thought I’d enjoy get together, until reading about how much it adds to the game. I’m a family player, I don’t do rotational play, and I enjoy taking my sims on outings but not TOO often. Which pack would you recommend for me? I already have GTW (meh) City Living (Love!) seasons (just got it recently but it makes Sims so immersive) Thank you!

Get Together or Pets? 179 votes

Cats and dogs
36%
JaiSeaIcewolfColorist40PoppyMonstermcruddsimm621simgirl1010DJQ1308cchant86robyngraveshaydub07Bagoas77luthienrisingNivyxslamondaGoeguhannaaj22SjofnVulorijaymancraz 66 votes
Get together
63%
bshag4lvGoldmoldarKita5399alexspoom13alan650111IceyJCabelle1863sillehbeeSikoahGraceAyradyssimhappyauntmichelle9SimpatsyannWritin_RegIsb917Simburiankeekee53happysimmer2007elanorbretonCynna 113 votes

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Get together
    GT for sure.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Get together
    If you’re not THAT into pets I don’t recommend Cats&Dogs. Cats&Dogs is, imo, for real life pet owners to enjoy the furry company in game. It’s not at all a FUN pack, it just simulated the cats and dogs and it’s good in that way.
    Get Together is a must have.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Get together
    Since you're saying you're a family player and you love City Living, I think Get Together is the best option for you.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Get together
    As much as I love Brindleton Bay that comes with Cat and Dogs, and all of its build mode items, I'm going with Get Together also. Windenburg is a lovely location with a lot of options, and a lot of good stuff for interacting with other sims. Plus new things to do when going out and about. I've found that Get Together also actively does encourage you to have your sims go out on the town more than otherwise, which is good for players like me, because I tend to get so focused on the household goings on that I forget that there are so many places to go.

That said, if you do want the addition of cats and dogs to make your family play feel more realistic or complete, by all means! The town is beautiful, the build items and CAS items I think are absolutely fantastic. Cats and Dogs is worth it for that alone, to me at least. But if you want to focus on interactive things that don't revolve solely around pets, then go for Get Together.

I also absolutely LOVE City Living. More than I do Get Together or Cats and Dogs.
    a63ftuN.png
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited July 2018
    Get together
    You're probably better off with 'Get Together' (at least for now). Despite the recent patch, pets are STILL buggy and VERY glitched. They're constantly filling your Sims' queues with "pet me" interactions. Also, they constantly force your Sims to stop what they're doing (especially during meals) just to pet them. It gets highly annoying when your Sim is eating, but needs to put away their food into the inventory, stand up, and walk over to the cat/dog... just to pick them up and/or pet them. This happens consistently.

So far, 'Get Together' doesn't seem to have any issues currently. So yeah, I would suggest that expansion pack for now.

Edit: I don't know if this means anything, but I think it's also worth noting that I was someone who literally bashed 'Get Together' when it was first announced... but it ended up becoming my 2nd favorite expansion pack for Sims 4 (Seasons is #1).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Cats and dogs
    I've never been into get together, it just seems to be all about nightclubs and partying which just isn't my thing, I don't really see it as a pack for family play. I'd suggest cats and dogs if you're a family player, Brindleton Bay is a great world for families and with the addition to add pets, I haven't had any bugs with the pets .
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Get together
    I love family play and I honestly can't imagine my game without GT now, it helps a lot with family gatherings (now celebrating holidays) with big, multi generational families.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited July 2018
    Get together
    GT is actually perfect for family play. You can start a club for just your family and do normal things around the house to quickly gain perk points such as watching TV, doing homework, using the toilet/taking a bath, etc. Once you call a gathering, it will keep going until a Sim or Sims leave the lot without others (this doesn't include work and school).
    Toddlers can't be included, but that's perfect because they need to learn potty training and one of the management perks would interfere with that.

The perks are very helpful.
    Rally the Troops gives all Sims in the club a boost in hunger, bladder and energy. You can use this over and over to keep your Sims going. All they need is to shower/take a bath before work/school.
    Network gives a boost to the performance meter for work so it doesn't take as long to get a promotion.
    You can buy vibe perks that are great for helping to achieve aspiration goals. Set the club vibe to focused when your children are trying to complete the homework requirement for the mental aspiration. Set it to playful to complete the requirement on the jungle gym for the motor aspiration. Etc...
    There are perks to build skills faster.

Once I discovered that you could have a family club, I learned that it could help right the wrong of a Sim leaving the lot at night when the others are supposed to be sleeping. Since the actions are dropped from the queue, they don't get their sufficient sleep, but if I call another gathering and use Rally the Troops a few times, everyone can be good to go for work and school!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Get together
    Since you say you're not that desperate for pets and enjoy family play, I'd say Get Together is the better option.
  • AshBoogieAshBoogie Posts: 18 Member
    Get together
    Get Together is such an underrated pack, it adds so much new gameplay and the club system is really cool.

Pets are fun...at first. It feels more like a chore after awhile tbh.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Cats and dogs
    Get together is a great pack but if you don’t bring your family’s out a lot it’s not as useful.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2018
    Get together
    Get together is definitely not just a party pack. I use it a lot because I am an ambitious player. I create a specific club for maxing out a skill faster. When I look for a spouse for my sim a create a dating club. Sometimes if I want my sims to avoid their duties and do something fun instead, I create a club where members clean and tend the garden,... instead of my sim >:) Also, one simmer here on the forums creates family reunion clubs. For example. The mom is in a club where the members are her branch of family, the dad creates a club with his family members, etc. The club activites would be be friendly, hug, eat. You can have up to 3 club gathering on a lot at the same time. It is really awesome if you play families :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited July 2018
    Get together
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Get together is a great pack but if you don’t bring your family’s out a lot it’s not as useful.

You don't even have to leave the home lot to use it and take full advantage of the benefits. ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    Get together
    Also, one simmer here on the forums creates family reunion clubs. For example. The mom is in a club where the members are her branch of family, the dad creates a club with his family members, etc. The club activites would be be friendly, hug, eat. You can have up to 3 club gathering on a lot at the same time. It is really awesome if you play families :)

This is what I have in my game currently. There's one club with Mom's family, one club for the dad's family and I just had to create a new club for the Next Generation
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    Cats and dogs
    Hard choice, as I love aspects in both packs. Had to go for cats and dogs though, I just use more of this pack then GT
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Get together
    Get Together is a well rounded expansion pack: great new CAS and build/buy items, thr AMAZING world of Windenburg, new skills that are fun, new lot types (coffee shops are fun), and the Clubs system adds so much depth across the board that I love using it in my game.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Get together
    Just wanted to chime in as well for Get Together. The club system is so useful. In my main rotational game I have all the rotation wives in one club, husbands in another, and then multiple others for the kids(scouts, study, teens, etc.). Cats and Dogs has it's positives too, the world and build/buy stuff are outstanding. The pets themselves are a little lacking IMO.
  • IllysmanxIllysmanx Posts: 1 New Member
    Cats and dogs
    Cats and Dogs! I'm not a nightclub kind of girl either. I'm all about a fun family life, the challenges of unexpected bills, and creative ways to make a living and a home. I have enjoyed the vet business side of the expansion pack!
    I don't know if the night clubs in Get Together would mirror what I've seen in the standard night clubs in the vanilla game. I visited one while in town and there were about seven ghosts gathered dancing, to about 3-4 live visitors. Creepy.
    I just wish Cats and Dogs can be patched so that a vet only grieves for people at +50 friendship or higher. My single-guy vet is grieving six days out of seven and it's really hard to get him to enjoy life right now. ;_;
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Get together
    To be honest, I only bought Cats and Dogs for the build and buy stuff. My sims don't have pets and I hardly ever use Brindleton Bay...I just keep forgetting about it. On the other hand, I dearly love Windenberg and use it quite a bit. Only some of my sims are in clubs, but I really enjoy the clubs and all the activities that GT brought to the game.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Get together
    You will get more out of Get Together. Windenberg is my favorite neighborhood. It gives you the feel of an open world. Cats and Dogs has some beautiful build/buy items but the pets themselves are really annoying and Brindleton Bay is stunning but is way too small.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Get together
    I'd get Get Together as it gives a great way of getting Sims to meet one another and a lot of the bugs have been repaired, then get Cats and Dogs. Brindleton Bay looks beautiful in Seasons Winter though. There's lots you can learn in Get Together and can use later in C & D.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2018
    Get together
    I would easily choose Get Together. It gives you tons of build mode items and create a sim items. It also gives you the club system, which I absolutely love so much. And Windenburg. An absolutely stunning world.
    Proud simmer
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    Get together
    I think you should get get together the world is beautiful and there is so many cool new things to do oh and i love the club system
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Cats and dogs
    I said cats and dogs because you say you're more of a family player and don't go out often. Pets go well with families and you can enjoy them without having to go out. Get together is better for group activities and hanging out at different places. Other than that there isn't much to it.
    Windenburg is a beautiful world though, but Brindleton Bay is pretty too.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder