Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use lot traits?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Yes
    Yes. Gotta get all those stray cats to come over. <3
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Sometimes
    To be honest, I do when I remember...which is at least half the time. So half the time I don't.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes
    I use them all the time because it motivates me to take my sims out. Peace & quiet at the library, faster fitness gain at the gym, etc.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Yes
    It gives lots a very nice personality. Some places can be the best and most comfortable place ever, some can be the most inspiring places, and some can be very cursed and haunted.
    Proud simmer
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    On community lots yes, on household lots no. Game is simply, traits do it more simly...
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Sometimes
    Private Dwelling for my loners. I don't always use them but I do for certain circumstances. I just recently finished a legacy so I had the Ley Line one to increase my chances of twins, or if I want to play a household with lots of drama I might give the house a Mean trait. Mostly I just forget but there are situations where they're needed and I remember to add them.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Sometimes
    Usually not because I can't be bothered to. But sometimes if I feel like it... I just don't like the annoying particles that the skill building lot traits have (they ruin my screenshots)

Exactly my reason for keeping them restricted. It is SO annoying! Though I am against using mods personally, I actually used to have a mod that would hide them, I wonder if it's up-to-date and still available.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Sometimes
    often uses fast internet and good schools.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes
    Mostly on public lots. With lots being so big, most of my homes end up having all the necessary items for learning the most important skills (bookshelves, computers, a chess table, gym equipment, etc.), so I make sure to give libraries, gyms, etc. lot traits to help with building the relevant skills, otherwise I wouldn't even have a reason to go there.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sometimes
    I mainly use them on community lots. I do have one neighborhood in Oasis Spring and one in San Myshuno as an earthquake zone.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes
    Yes, always. It's great for improving skills faster.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Yes
    I love the lot traits. I often use those to my advantage. My favorites are fast internet, chefs kitchen, natural light, bracing breezes, sunny aspect, and home studio. It provides a great boost to my starter households so they can build their wealth quicker.

For that reason, I am not big on negative traits, although they certainly do exist. My real life house has some negative traits. I would say I have gremlins, cursed, and to a limited extent: filthy. Things break and get dirty faster than I can keep up with it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    I give many of my venues the Convivial trait so that Charisma builds faster on the lot. Gyms, spas and pools get Bracing Breezes. Libraries get Fast Internet, Science Lair and sometimes Child's Play if I have a kids play area there. Restaurants get Chef's Kitchen. For home use, it depends on my Sims' interests -- I'll usually do Homey and Fast Internet, then either something like Home Studio or Natural Light, then switch that out for Good Schools when my Sims have kids at home.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Yes
    Yes, sometimes I forget about them but the majority of the times I use them. I like them to help with skills mostly, but I also like the Gnomes trait too.
  • SapphireSimsSapphireSims Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    I always use them so my Sims gain cooking skills quickly - they can also build up painting, fitness ect. They're good if you want to add more of a storyline, such as a cafe I have in my game has the 'teen hangout' trait and a haunted or derelict house is good for the ghosts to go to! :P
  • pointefulpointeful Posts: 36 Member
    Yes
    I do! I'm one of those people who likes to make my sims as happy as I possibly can, so I put in traits that fit both the sims as well as give them a better environment to be in. I have an artist teen who paints all the time so I gave his house the trait that's good for painting and it makes me soso happy every time he gets that extra happy moodlet as he paints! ^U^

I also actually like the sparkles! I think they're really pretty and the first time I saw them, I was hoping that they would show up in the screenshot because I thought it was cute and pretty! >w< I've never been bothered by it. I actually find myself more irritated by the plumbob in screenshots that I am of the sparkles!
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Yes
    I use them on every lot unless I am doing a challenge. I do not use them when I play a challenge but I usually continue to play a sim or family after the challenge is finished because I can not let go.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Yes
    To me, they're just an extra tool to make Sims' lives better or more interesting.
    Oh, and those little lot trait stars? Vampires might not reflect in mirrors, but they do:
    QPtlRei.png
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Yes
    I love lot traits and add it into all my builds
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yes
    I love them!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • AmaMizu6AmaMizu6 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes
    I typically do this to home lots that I build because I want them to have some sort of personality.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sometimes
    If I'm wanting to make some kind of a theme to the lot, I will. Otherwise, I'll usually forget.

I really like the idea of lot traits, but for regular areas/houses, I usually don't have too much use for most of them, though I kind of do want to start putting more thought into using them.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Yes
    Always on a residential lot, although it tends to be the same ones; the Homely one and the writing/painting one as well the the sciemce one are brilliant for sims to zip through their basic skills. I sometimes use them on community lots if I can remember to go in and change them. :)
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • fiyafiya Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes
    I usually only use good ones. they add have a lot of positive benifits
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Sometimes

Yes I do, with a couple of tuning mods. apartments my sims live in get the quiet trait.

Dorsal Axe's unlocked lot trait mod
    modthesims.info/download.php?t=588254

and

NikNak513's movable city living objects
    modthesims.info/download.php?t=588505