Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Mafia [ Town Win ]

Comments

• MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Maybe you can limit the no votes? Like every player can only no vote 3 times or even less during the game? Normally, there's more to go after on day 2 so a no vote might not even be necessary anymore.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    Maybe you can limit the no votes? Like every player can only no vote 3 times or even less during the game? Normally, there's more to go after on day 2 so a no vote might not even be necessary anymore.

So perhaps just a Day 1 No Vote only?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    But if they just put no vote and go offline, then they are still inactive anyways. And that's not helping. :joy:

Hmm... that's a good point... I dunno, just don't do that... please :joy:

SURE, JAN.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    We only need 2 more players,

@icmnfrsh @Lyoufln @simscognito @SilentWolf101 @Bubbz3388 @sheshy @Shadyboop Would you like to play? :)
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Hey @the_greenplumbob thanks for the invite. I think I’m going to sit out on this game though :)
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Okay... @simscognito I'll join if Cog would join...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
    No, I think the best way is to see the number of posts they make per day. Like there needs to be at least 5.

The problem is that, it's not the vote count that hurts the game. It's just the inactivity. Sure, sometimes it can be quite pathetic if on the first day, there's only like 1 vote. :D But as the days go on, the number of votes won't matter so much but rather the posts and comments we get from people to be able to read them.

A person doing a no vote/one vote and going away
    vs a person posting 5 different posts. Which is better? I think a person making 5 posts is better cuz we can read them.

A person doing a no vote/one vote is either scummy and just want to blend in and look innocent or just a super busy townie who is just gonna end up looking scummy. So, I'd rather have the 5 posts per day thing. But that's just me. You're the host. :D

I played at the mafia championship at Mafia Universe forum (which we will not talk about cuz they lynched me on Day 1 and I was town :joy:) and they have this rule where you will get a warning if you don't make 10 posts per day.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    No, I think the best way is to see the number of posts they make per day. Like there needs to be at least 5.

The problem is that, it's not the vote count that hurts the game. It's just the inactivity. Sure, sometimes it can be quite pathetic if on the first day, there's only like 1 vote. :D But as the days go on, the number of votes won't matter so much but rather the posts and comments we get from people to be able to read them.

vs a person posting 5 different posts. Which is better? I think a person making 5 posts is better cuz we can read them.

A person doing a no vote/one vote is either scummy and just want to blend in and look innocent or just a super busy townie who is just gonna end up looking scummy. So, I'd rather have the 5 posts per day thing. But that's just me. You're the host. :D

I played at the mafia championship at Mafia Universe forum (which we will not talk about cuz they lynched me on Day 1 and I was town :joy:) and they have this rule where you will get a warning if you don't make 10 posts per day.

Ohh ok, I was thinking that the "vote rule" would act as a good "check-in" system, but I kinda prefer the idea of a minimum number of posts rule now, because then it forces people to speak up more.

I'm just worried that at that point it becomes quite strict so I think I'll leave the "vote rule" as it is for now, and then try out the minimum number of posts rule in a future game.

Also, ways to avoid looking scummy by only putting in a no vote may include posting more, and giving a legitimate vote instead.
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Hey @the_greenplumbob thanks for the invite. I think I’m going to sit out on this game though :)

That's ok, thanks anyway :)
    Shadyboop wrote: »

Will you only play if Cog does, or could I put you on the list anyway?
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

I was wondering what happened with that. That's upsetting :grimace: Were they really harsh about it? I've never played a game apart from here and UM but I've visited Mafiascum before and when I read through a game it surprises me how intense they get. :lol:

I think the 5 posts would at least have to be somewhat relevant though instead of
    "I'm here now"
    "I don't know who it is"
    "I agree"
    "Maybe you're right"
    "I'm going to bed"
    :lol:
    unknown.png
    Day 1 always feels like everyone is too afraid to vote first xD That's probably why icey voted this quickly two games ago. Of course people take a closer look at you - that's a risk you take to get the voting started. But I guess that only townies do such things because for scum it's too risky.
    Lyoufln wrote: »

That's ok, thanks anyway :)

Will you only play if Cog does, or could I put you on the list anyway?

If Cog does, I would.
    Vote Cog

You can put Shady on the list now ^^ (joking of course)

Ohh ok, I was thinking that the "vote rule" would act as a good "check-in" system, but I kinda prefer the idea of a minimum number of posts rule now, because then it forces people to speak up more.

I'm just worried that at that point it becomes quite strict so I think I'll leave the "vote rule" as it is for now, and then try out the minimum number of posts rule in a future game.

Also, ways to avoid looking scummy by only putting in a no vote may include posting more, and giving a legitimate vote instead.

Yeah, maybe we can see what happens if we do this voting thing first. And if it doesn't work out, we can always implement a new rule in the next game. :)

I was wondering what happened with that. That's upsetting :grimace: Were they really harsh about it? I've never played a game apart from here and UM but I've visited Mafiascum before and when I read through a game it surprises me how intense they get. :lol:

I think the 5 posts would at least have to be somewhat relevant though instead of
    "I'm here now"
    "I don't know who it is"
    "I agree"
    "Maybe you're right"
    "I'm going to bed"

I suggested we get rid of the inactive ones first and obviously they disagree and decided that I was scummy cuz of that. It's funny cuz town lost and this is a 17 player game and there's only 4 mafia. So you can imagine how much I was face palming in the afterlife. Only one mafia died and that's only cuz the vigilante killed him. The other vanilla townies kept on mislynching people.

I mean, I don't think they seem harsh, in my opinion, but I think if you were an unexperienced player, you might get super upset cuz they really go all out on you and it might be too intense for you. I've seen some new players here who say the games here can be quite intense, but you ain't seen nothing yet. :joy:

If they make posts like that, at least it gives a reason for us to lynch them cuz it looks like they're not interested anyways.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I'll join
    Oh hamburgers!
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    I'll join

Thank you :)
    @Shadyboop Now that Bubbz has joined there won't be space for both you and cog, do you still want to play? :)
    @Shadyboop Now that Bubbz has joined there won't be space for both you and cog, do you still want to play? :)

Not any more

Not any more

Ok, thanks anyway :)
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

Yeah, maybe we can see what happens if we do this voting thing first. And if it doesn't work out, we can always implement a new rule in the next game. :)

"I'm here now"
    "I don't know who it is"
    "I agree"
    "Maybe you're right"
    "I'm going to bed"

I suggested we get rid of the inactive ones first and obviously they disagree and decided that I was scummy cuz of that. It's funny cuz town lost and this is a 17 player game and there's only 4 mafia. So you can imagine how much I was face palming in the afterlife. Only one mafia died and that's only cuz the vigilante killed him. The other vanilla townies kept on mislynching people.

I mean, I don't think they seem harsh, in my opinion, but I think if you were an unexperienced player, you might get super upset cuz they really go all out on you and it might be too intense for you. I've seen some new players here who say the games here can be quite intense, but you ain't seen nothing yet. :joy:

If they make posts like that, at least it gives a reason for us to lynch them cuz it looks like they're not interested anyways.

Ah, I see. Harsh wasn't really what I meant, I don't expect everyone there to be throwing insults or whatever. Just not holding back, right :lol:

I don't know why they'd lynch you for that, but they are from different communities, maybe inactivity isn't really much of a problem and your suggestion was just weird? I don't know.

unknown.png
    Maybe @Simtown15 wants to try again? :) Or @icmnfrsh takes a break from his break again xD

@UniSims @CraftyKat

"I'm here now"
    "I don't know who it is"
    "I agree"
    "Maybe you're right"
    "I'm going to bed"

Ah, I see. Harsh wasn't really what I meant, I don't expect everyone there to be throwing insults or whatever. Just not holding back, right :lol:

I don't know why they'd lynch you for that, but they are from different communities, maybe inactivity isn't really much of a problem and your suggestion was just weird? I don't know.

Yeah, I was thinking it's a community difference thing. But they probably should change their tactics. XD Cuz they started lynching the quiet ones later on in the game thinking they were lurking and it was already too late.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think you guys got it covered with only 1 more player needed, so I'll pass this time.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I was wondering why I wasn't getting any notifications for this thread...then I realized that I didn't star it. :joy: Great start to the game.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    edited July 2018
    I dont know if I'll be able to put in a vote each day honestly. I feel like the posts are better tbh.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt