Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What needs to be fixed ASAP

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really hope they'll take the engine from TS2 for TS5. Guys imagine what a great game we could have with the system of TS2 + amazing graphics. But I don't want to dream to much, cause we all know who is EA...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    I really hope they'll take the engine from TS2 for TS5. Guys imagine what a great game we could have with the system of TS2 + amazing graphics. But I don't want to dream to much, cause we all know who is EA...

Much as I would love this too, I don't see it happening. Developers never want to admit that their new method isn't as good as the prior devs' older system. And it is against most people's nature to admit they're wrong, which this would be -- an admission that what they've been doing for almost 10 years (Sims 3 to today) with the Sims has all been wrong.
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Couple other things that else that annoys me is when a Sim serves food, others will not wait to eat. A Sims comes into a home and goes straight to the computer.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I want to see kids added - there aren’t any kids in the game, just small and tiny adults who can do fewer things. Toddlers are simply adults who can’t talk and walk. Don’t believe me…? Look at how a parent interacts with a toddler. - it really isn’t any different to how they’d interact with another adult. Kids can be taken away if parents don’t feed or bath them , but it’s perfectly permissible to take a toddler out into the middle of San Myshuno and leave them there. Oh and whilst I’m ranting about toddlers, how is it that a kid left in the middle of SM is able to find their way home…?! Has NOBODY at Maxis ever had any interaction with anyone below the age of 18…?! I’m not American, so perhaps American toddlers are particularly precocious but, here in the UK, 2 and 3-year-olds have no clue where ‘home’ is, much less how to get there! I was pleased when TS3 added a buggy, but parents then called someone to come to wherever they were and pick the kid up! You take the kids to the park, you bring them home from the park, you don’t abandon them for someone else to collect!

Oh and if you do see a lost kid what is your first instinct - I’d hope it’s to try to locate a parent, but abandoned kids are simply ignored, more evidence that the game simply treats them as tiny adults.

Secondly, toddlers have no sense of danger - and yet they’re allowed to wander around besides uncovered swimming pools, and into kitchens with unlocked drawers and cupboards, they can wander around freely alongside busy main roads - these aren’t toddlers, they’re tiny adults!

Now lets look at what toddlers are fed - it seems to be mainly cereal, apple sauce, peas, crisps, crackers, PB&J sarnies, and chicken nuggets, a diet which should see them all suffering from rickets, (pernicious) anaemia, beri beri, kwashiorkor, pellagra - in fact, by rights, they should all be dead from malnutrition.

Primary school-age kids seem to be the most confused:

1. They can run their own baths, but are still terrified of the monster under the bed
    2. They can hold a pencil to write, but not to draw (not until their creativity is above level 3 at least)
    3. They can travel to and from friends’ houses alone
    4. They can’t organise events, but can hire services
    5. They can be invited by adults to join adult clubs (and nobody’s ever thought to worry about said adults being paedos…?!)
    6. Like adults they suddenly get they urge to drop and do sit-ups/press-ups (seriously, Maxis, WTAF…?! When has any child ever done that…?! When has any adult ever done it to that…?!)

HOW OLD ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO BE…?! What the game so ably demonstrates is that you CANNOT cover the years from nursery to GCSE (as ‘teens’ appear to be around 16) in a single character - that’s at least 3 different life stages and I don’t see why by now it can’t be possible to have kids that a) act appropriately at their various life stages and b) transition more gradually (0-3, 3-5, 5-7 7-10, 10-13, 13-16, 16-adult). Each life stage should be distinct (like teens doing the same school projects as primary kids).

I’d also like to see the elderly behaving as though they’re elderly, not simply adults with grey hair and wrinkles (when was the last time a 90+ year old dropped and did sit-ups…?!). Whilst we’re on the subject, only toddlers and the elderly should be capable of losing control of their bladders.

Finally, when Will Wright was asked why the Sims didn’t speak English, he said it was because he wanted to make the game “universal” - well here we are, 4 incarnations in, and I cannot envisage how the game could POSSIBLY be made more American. There are so many things I’d like to be able to do, but never will, because they’re not American. I’d like to be able to build a converted lighthouse, but we’ll never get spiral staircases, nor round rooms (I don’t understand why I can have a round roof, but not a round room); I’d like to build an oasthouse but, there again, I’d need to be able to build a round tower. I’d like to be able to design a multi-purpose estate, but I can’t because buildings can only be either communal OR residential, not both. It’d have about a dozen self-contained flats, a laundrette, a communal kids play area, a computer room, an indoor activity room, a communal lounge, dining room, kitchen and games room. It would also mean I’d like the lift back.

This is me just getting started, I've plenty more - like the colour wheel from 3 (you want a purple bath…? Yes, I want a purple bath. Can't have it. I don't like to use CC, this is a Mac and I have enough problems with the game as it is!), the terrain tool, multi-height rooms (who has a shed the same height as their house…?). Buildings that are constructed completely from glass (greenhouses, conservatories, etc). A full blown genetics engine - 'play with genetics' at the moment simply means changing skin, hair and eye colour to match a parent, even if the parents have unnatural coloured skin, hair and eyes). Hair accessories that can be independently coloured (just like in 3). Hair colour per outfit (who has pink hair all the time?). Why can't I have purple hair (not that lilac rinse, proper deep amethyst)? You shouldn't be able to choose traits for kids, they should inherit them.

There are people who seem to think that I should just "be grateful" for the game as it is, but why should I…? If you pay a premium price you expect a premium product, and as EA uses a $1=£1 exchange rate, I'm getting an even worse deal that you are over there! Why should I "be grateful"…? Would you be happy if you'd paid £1000s for a luxury holiday and, when you arrive at the resort you find your 5* hotel is really nothing more than a shack and, when you phoned the tour operator to complain they simply said you should be grateful for what you've got? It's about getting value for money.

Oh and does anyone else think it's weird you can't smoke bees - I don't mean crush 'em up and stick them in a Rizla, I mean smoke them to calm them. Puffing smoke into the hive before you open it greatly reduces the chances of you being stung because the smoke disorientates them and makes them sleepy.

That happens when sims have the active trait.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Hair, makeup and real looking eyes and skin tones, Its ok for men, but for us girls we hate the ugly hair, silly makeup like your trying to look bad, what woman would make a big green line under her eye an inch down? None.. and no real choice of lipsticks No eyelashes, Lips either too big or too small it's so hard to make nice full lips without adding more and more mods. The noses are nice. face shapes and body shapes are ok. but we should be able to have eyes that look more real, and real, looking long hair, not a little longer down to our jeans if we want. and make up that real woman wear. When I look at some of our makeup it looks like they were rolling on the floor laughing when they made it.

We should be able to have long hair and eyelashes and be pretty without adding more and more mods.
    we can mod our ears to be bigger and other parts So why Not allow us to make our hair grow. also be able to pick hair texture for all styles. As it is now our hair texture does not even look like real hair we just know it's our hair because it's on our head. How hard can it be to create a hair texture? Please just patch us some Hair, lashes, and nice makeup. Also If we want our ponies to be longer we should be able to, or if we want our kid's hair a little longer we should be able to, everyone needs lashes.

Well ok Just make us a Beauty Salon Stuff Pack. :) for all sims please don't leave out any age, even toddlers need eyelashes. <3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hair, makeup and real looking eyes and skin tones, Its ok for men, but for us girls we hate the ugly hair, silly makeup like your trying to look bad, what woman would make a big green line under her eye an inch down? None.. and no real choice of lipsticks No eyelashes, Lips either too big or too small it's so hard to make nice full lips without adding more and more mods. The noses are nice. face shapes and body shapes are ok. but we should be able to have eyes that look more real, and real, looking long hair, not a little longer down to our jeans if we want. and make up that real woman wear. When I look at some of our makeup it looks like they were rolling on the floor laughing when they made it.

We should be able to have long hair and eyelashes and be pretty without adding more and more mods.
    we can mod our ears to be bigger and other parts So why Not allow us to make our hair grow. also be able to pick hair texture for all styles. As it is now our hair texture does not even look like real hair we just know it's our hair because it's on our head. How hard can it be to create a hair texture? Please just patch us some Hair, lashes, and nice makeup. Also If we want our ponies to be longer we should be able to, or if we want our kid's hair a little longer we should be able to, everyone needs lashes.

Well ok Just make us a Beauty Salon Stuff Pack. :) for all sims please don't leave out any age, even toddlers need eyelashes. <3

Wut the huh? It's ok to no one.

The in-game options of makeup are gross and sleazy. The eyeshadows are ridiculous and those two toned lip colors that came with GTW and Luxury Party Stuff are atrocious. They seem like they were solely thinking of aliens when they added those which I get but still....the current selection is ugly and lackluster and we only have one option of normal blush in 4 years! That's simply beyond a joke.

And I wish we would also get some new eyebrow options for both men and woman.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Wut the huh? It's ok to no one.

The in-game options of makeup are gross and sleazy. The eyeshadows are ridiculous and those two toned lip colors that came with GTW and Luxury Party Stuff are atrocious. They seem like they were solely thinking of aliens when they added those which I get but still....the current selection is ugly and lackluster and we only have one option of normal blush in 4 years! That's simply beyond a joke.

And I wish we would also get some new eyebrow options for both men and woman.

I totally agree with you. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    Sims 4 needs to rework traits and the social system.
    No matter what you do every sim just loves each other and gets a long fine. They should make friendships harder to build and it being more difficult overall long with traits actually impacting social interactions not just the unique ones. Its kind of dumb that even Evil sims get along with most.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Whims.

How funny that i dont even look at them anymore like i used to in previous games. They were everything to me in ts1, ts2 and ts3, but now I forget they even exist. Not sure its good or bad, cause the game keeps me busy, but I do miss focussing on giving them tasks that match their moods and personality other then what i planned for them. I think its bad that the whims do not look exciting or fitting enough. That must be it.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Whims.

How funny that i dont even look at them anymore like i used to in previous games. They were everything to me in ts1, ts2 and ts3, but now I forget they even exist. Not sure its good or bad, cause the game keeps me busy, but I do miss focussing on giving them tasks that match their moods and personality other then what i planned for them. I think its bad that the whims do not look exciting or fitting enough. That must be it.

Same here. I think one reason is because most whims don't match their personality. They match emotions, (which all sims get,) so it doesn't make them unique.

Another reason is that the icons look the same. They come in a few different colors and that's it. Difficult to tell what they are unless you hover over them. The Sims 2/3 Wants were detailed, colorful icons that caught your attention. I really dislike that about the whims, and the moodlets, too. I used to love piling on moodlets in The Sims 3, but couldn't care less in The Sims 4 because they're all the same.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2018
    Consequences. The game needs a lot more consequences for sims. Much as I enjoy the game there's not enough consequences. When I was playing the Sims 2 a few days ago a sim that did not care to have a water balloon thrown at them got pretty peeved. The relationship didn't just suffer a little where you could just chat it away. She pretty much poked my sim in the chest twice (almost repeatedly, just stoppp) to show her irritation and any chatting with her or other interactions seemed a bit fruitless because she was just in a bad mood and ended up being pretty enraged and came back later to kick over my trash can. :neutral: And there's usually an enraged period where they'll just hate you for awhile until they get over it. Til then enjoy having your trash cans kicked over and newspapers stolen while they stalk the front of your home.

Then you have one of my favorite NPC's within the game the Unsavory Charlatan that came with Bon Voyage. Seems like he can appear anywhere on any community lot and pick pocket unsuspecting sims even townies (especially if they have a low logic skill). He can be distracted with their are certain items or Ms.Crumblebottom is on the lot, but its usually risky to be on the same lot with him since chances are he'll steal from you. Can even report 'foul play' on the phone if your sim finds out he stole money from them. Definitely miss things like that.

The money tree we have in game and then the one in the Sims 2. It's not too overly cheaty in the Sims 2, but you get a lot of money after awhile, but thing is any sim can just go right up and take the money. Far as I've seen in game in Sims 4 no other sims that don't live off the lot can't just waltz right up and take it. I just won't buy it even with enough satisfaction points.

Annoying feature:
    I don't hate the emotions system they do function much like the moodlets in Sims 3, but I find them to stack too much or some buffs should definitely last longer than others. Much like the death of a loved one, losing a child, or divorced should be at least 3 days and override the majority of buffs like happy. Definitely needs to be tweaked.

That and sims being attracted to certain objects. I would like sims to use things to their liking without certain ones overriding another. I'd like sims to be able to use items autonomously to their liking and related to their traits. Thus far in the house sims are usually attracted to computers and bookcases along with drinking water.

My favorite features in game is still multitasking (though sometimes it's ridiculous when sims wanna drink in the bathtub lol.)
    Worlds being connected and being able to see Sims walking about or at another lot in world where it doesn't break their relationships if you move them and gameplay feature customization from certain packs (Resturaunts, Club system, Holidays, retail system).

Also really love the clothing and hairstyles in this game Looking forward to seeing more variety in different hair types the ones that came in seasons is just so great.

Can see a lot of these clothes being more than relevant years later in playing this game.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Most Annoying Feature:

The emotions system is a hot mess. Happy moodlets are too easy to get, Happy enhances all of the positive/useful emotions, and negative emotions are harder to get and have no booster. It's imbalanced...and not in the fun way, in the immersion-breaking way. Rage, sorrow, and fear have no power here...and it's depressing!

Best Feature:

Making unique-looking sims has never been better or easier in terms of face and body type. Now, if they could only get personality back to at least TS2 levels of charm...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    The things that annoy me the most?

-Sims learning unwanted skills. It doesn't make any sense for my bookworm Sim to learn video game skills, or my serious Sim learning comedy and how to "Troll The Forums". I don't EVERY Sim learning Mischief or how to tell jokes.

I really agree with this, I don't like my sim learning the comedy skill at all.

Another thing I don't like is the nicely decorated with bare walls and floors. See pic.
    2mnrrwx.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Back to sims creating: In TS2 not only did we have a lot of basic faces to choose from, but we also had up to 9 right clicks per face (# 10 selected that as the one to work with) to blend features from them to the one being worked on. That's before the eye, nose, brow, mouth, etc. choices. I also find that the TS2 sliders give me more flexibility than the push and pull method of TS4.
    edited July 2018
    Sorry, but Toddlers and pets, (dogs) are just over the top in becoming to stressful to taxing to enjoy taking care of and this should not be its a game, we want to enjoy out cute toddlers, Why would they only tell you that your toddler is hungry when its seconds before they are about to take them. Is their any Sim (EA) law that prevents them from telling us that our toddlers are hungry while they are in the yellow, giving fair warning. These are our babies after all and they do get deleted. So unfair to me. I bought the toddler's stuff pack to enjoy my toddlers more and to watch them play, but EA make having them so stressful that we only try to get their skill to level 3 and age them up to kids that now will play when they are starving and will not play with their own twin so no social.
    Patch a fix, please.
    It's not like the game helps you, If you have a family of 6 or 4 even if you are controlling one you have to take even the adults to the bathroom when they have to go, they now seem to starve if you do not feed them. kids too. and if they do eat its cake or ice cream every time. large families, that have no social, what? kids stop talking and playing together, I think so. Patch help soon.

You take the family out bowling and they return with no social and no fun? Patch help yesterday Please.
    Back to the Dogs, Oh yea they added whining to dogs, maybe cats too I have no cat families right now.
    I had a couch potato small dog that followed his owner around all day whining to go for a walk. he is a couch potato so go sit on the couch already lol. (the owner would walk it twice a day) did not matter.
    Every day we have to bathe a dog,? Who bathes their dogs every day? you go out to dinner you return home your dog or dogs are starving and dirty? Why? Adult dogs have to be taken to their food bowl every time they are hungry. Unheard of. Unfair stress on Pet owners. And just because they are uncontrollable, should not mean, we should not see if they are hungry or sick or other problems. That should be an emergency Patch.

Also having our kids freeze to death when they can just change clothes for outside like in sims 2, is just mean and cruel to me. like I said before these are our kids. Kids will go into the house and put on a coat at that age.
    also, they make group games for the family that they never even look at, Why? Because they are not programmed to see it Unless we click it every time.

Please patch in background action, like in sims 2, I mean make the family do things together without us always having to click on all to do it like play a game and why did we get pools dogs play in them more than my sims. If I am controlling the mother, well let the father think for himself to take his dog for a walk. Pach, please

Omg, teens never ask to go to friends house, or out to a party or anything? why not are they teens? Patch, please. Do we have to do everything? Help please give us simmers a break.

Let me stop so I can keep this short. and I did not lose my toddler, because when I have toddlers I do nothing in game or in real until they age up lol This is true and I am tired of it. Not fair EA.
    Keep it fun for us simmers EA please Pach away
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    @Stormsview ... +1 to all of your comments. I agree with them all.

Sims being cold but refusing to switch to their cold-weather gear (or hot and not switching to hot-weather gear): This should *only* happen if the Sim does not have a cold or warm weather ensemble specified. If one is specified, then it should be automatically used. If more than one, then the Sims should randomly choose. The only way a Sim should start freezing or overheating is if no such ensemble has been provided by the player.

Dogs being too stupid to eat from a food bowl that has been in the same place since they were a puppy - yup, happens a lot. I had a cat before the dog... the cat was smart enough to get to the food dish. Not sure what the difference is.

Sims getting into needs distress when you are not controlling them AND the lot contains all the relevant interaction items (toilet, shower, fridge with leftovers, TV, etc). This makes no sense unless autonomy is OFF or it's a toddler. Any Sim of age Child and above should be able to automatically take care of its own needs without me having to order it to go to the bathroom or take a shower. Sometimes they take care of themselves but a LOT of times they do not.

And although it was not mentioned can we please have a re-prioritization of the needs? When a Sim is yellow on both energy and bladder, it makes no sense to go to bed. Hit the water closet FIRST, then go to bed. Any player would have their Sim do that and in real life, any normal person would do that as well. You don't go to bed when you feel like you're about to have to "go" -- you hit the restroom first. Duh.
  • Pixelate_My_World0Pixelate_My_World0 Posts: 16 Member
    Couldn't agree more with all of the above! I really wish they would fix the babies though. It would be a much better experience if they had more emotion and actually looked like the parents LOL.
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    things i love:

i like the smaller neighborhood feature. i had pretty much every sims3 release and my game was hardcore lagging when i tried to do anything. my computer was pretty much brand new then and still lagged. open world was amazing for things like collections, cars and long jogs but the lag was too much. i dont mind a quick load screen to the community hubs as my sims can wander around there in an almost open world.

it blew my mind the first sim baby i had where the mother could breast feed it; it was new and unexpected. i also like how pregnant sims slowly get bigger instead of the cute jump they did in sims3

things that drive me nuts:

they take tooooo 🐸🐸🐸🐸 long to eat. especially if theyre conversing with other sims; they shouldnt take hours just to eat a quick meal

i agree with cancelling actions. i wont bother most of the time as it takes so long to cancel theyve practically finished by the time i notice

my sims are currently about 50/50 of the time putting the food i told them to eat on the table and walking away. why? i have no idea but our commands should override any autonomous action they queue. the amount of times i ask them to read and they flick through 2 pages and put the book down irritates me something fierce. sims3 (i think) had the drop down for actions - until complete, until interrupted, as long as possible - which meant i could have confidence my commands are being adhered to.

the needs decay alot quicker than previous sim games it seems.

the lack of the colour wheel for everything is disappointing.

the lack of personality. the previews hyped up the reactions and feelings the sims would have but omitted the fact that they are pretty much all bland carbon copies of each other. sims3's traits system made the sims feel like fleshed out little individuals who each had a different experience in life. the amount of different traits available was fantastic.

its the little things that everyone has mentioned and my own things that gets me feeling like if i had a top of the run computer id go back to sims 3
    sazzieJ wrote: »
    my sims are currently about 50/50 of the time putting the food i told them to eat on the table and walking away. why? i have no idea but our commands should override any autonomous action they queue. the amount of times i ask them to read and they flick through 2 pages and put the book down irritates me something fierce. sims3 (i think) had the drop down for actions - until complete, until interrupted, as long as possible - which meant i could have confidence my commands are being adhered to.

This.

I just had this happen this morning, orange hungry Sim, I told her to get leftovers, she got Excellent Rack of Lamb (made by her level 8 gourmet chef father) from the fridge, put it down, and went to go listen to the stereo on the other side of the house.

WHAT?

Canceled that, once again made her go eat. She picked it up, sat down, ate one bite, stood up, turned around, put the food into her inventory, and started petting the dog. I know she's a dog lover but HER HUNGER IS ORANGE -- EAT for crying out loud!!

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I did close the game out of frustration right now. Just to mention two things: in apartments the neighbors 1.complains too much, even if my sim is just eating cereals in the morning 2.they come visit too often, I had all of them at my door all day because they where bored or wanted to eat. 3.festivals overlapping with holidays, and ruin most of them: I found the flower bunny selling at the flea market on a custom holiday I created, and never showed at my house, and the spice festival ruined my spooky day. 4.Pets are too needy. My dog go outside freely if he wants to attack people around town, but whine at the door if he has to go potty.
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I did close the game out of frustration right now. Just to mention two things: in apartments the neighbors 1.complains too much, even if my sim is just eating cereals in the morning 2.they come visit too often, I had all of them at my door all day because they where bored or wanted to eat. 3.festivals overlapping with holidays, and ruin most of them: I found the flower bunny selling at the flea market on a custom holiday I created, and never showed at my house, and the spice festival ruined my spooky day. 4.Pets are too needy. My dog go outside freely if he wants to attack people around town, but whine at the door if he has to go potty.

You're so right! we must stand up and let them know we are tired of the stress of dogs, and toddlers.
    The reason I made my comment was because of what I was doing in the game. I had a dog that I truly kissed up to every day, to run away on my wedding day and I had got up and walked him again early and played with it. Well, you know what? I took that dog to CAS and deleted him so now he does not have to come back.lol
    Adult dogs that can not go into the kitchen and eat, and I have two auto feeders that I keep full per dog.
    So again they sent me the message the dog is hungry, I said Oh yeah,? well if he can't find something to eat, he will not be eating here. lol, The dog was not a toddler he is an adult dog. that dog found that food and fast.
    Stormsview wrote: »
    You're so right! we must stand up and let them know we are tired of the stress of dogs, and toddlers.

Agreed.

I know that many will say that having pets or young children should be "stressful" -- and that's correct, they should be... for our Sims. Mom Sim and dad Sim should be a bit frazzled with two toddlers and a puppy.

And as players, I'm glad for challenges. I challenge myself far more than the base game challenges me, by doing Legacies. And for the first time ever thanks to the nice spreadhseets some Simmers have made, I am actually keeping score this time (which makes it harder of course). So it's not that I don't like a challenge.

No, the reason toddlers and pets are unnecessarily stressful is that they are buggy. It's incredibly stressful to feed the toddler, not because it might throw a tantrum or hurl food across the room, but because there's a 50-50 chance your Sim will be unable to feed due to the bug where they keep putting the kid in, taking him out, putting him in, taking him out of the high chair. It's so bad that I don't use the high chair any more. Instead I just pull multi-serving dishes out of the fridge, lay them on the table, and have the toddler "grab a serving." Although this accomplishes the task of feeding the kid, it does so without parent interaction, which destroys immersion (since normally toddlers don't just go pick up food off the dining table for themselves) and it eliminates what should be a fun interaction: parents getting food for their kids. I mean think about it: parents getting food for their kids is buggy. How did they not only let this slip through QA, but how is it still present in the game after all this time?

Pets are the same way. Dog's dish is full. It's an adult dog. Dish has been in the same spot all its life. It will be standing in the living room in sight of the full food dish and whine for food and I will get the note that it's hungry. The food is RIGHT THERE -- go eat it for crying out loud.

Then there is the horribly annoying bug in which a Sim will be doing some other action, say practicing typing, and suddenly the queue will fill up with a rapidly scrolling list of the same action over and over again - pet dog, pet dog, pet dog, pet dog, pet dog, pet dog, pet dog, pet dog, pet dog! -- all the way up the left side of the screen from bottom to top and then keep scrolling like mad. This will sometimes happen repeatedly for the same Sim.

Bugs like this are what make pets and toddlers stressful... in a way they never should have been. I want to be challenged by toddler mood swings and tantrums. I do not want to be "challenged" by buggy gameplay.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited July 2018
    And now I had to install a mod to let my sim swipe a guitar that my neighbor left in front of my door when complaining again about the loud noise of my sim eating cereals. She had to take out her guitar and play it while waiting in front of my door.

I'm getting the pets who don't eat on their own too. This is not challenge, this is just stress.

EDIT: I can't remove it in any way. I'm so tired of this game.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    And now I had to install a mod to let my sim swipe a guitar that my neighbor left in front of my door when complaining again about the loud noise of my sim eating cereals. She had to take out her guitar and play it while waiting in front of my door.

I'm getting the pets who don't eat on their own too. This is not challenge, this is just stress.

EDIT: I can't remove it in any way. I'm so tired of this game.

if the guitar belongs to the neighbor, can't you just play them and take the guitar away?
    If that's not working, you can destroy objects with this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=532735&c=1&ht=0&page=26&pp=25#startcomment

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2018
    Taking toddlers out of the high chair. Toddlers getting out of the high chair by themselves. I wish there was a lock on it if simmers wanted to use it, so that a bad toddler could have a time out in the high chair like you could in Sims3. I don't even like to place the chair because it makes me mad. Why don't Sim parents give them bottles/food on the floor anymore? :|:s:#:'(

Not doing what I ask/have in que. Cancelling out what I want. Never happened in S3. :s:(:'(

Standing for a sim hour before doing what is in que.

Ability to multi task all in the house. Control all family members. Have them to continue what they were doing when your sim left. :(

Lately, I can't click on some of the interactions for sims or choices of taking out food from the refrig. The interactions/foods are listed, but do nothing when clicked on. Did a repair, but only helped some. Perhaps since seasons.

Best feature I like is being able to find townies and copy them anytime I want instead of befriending/adding to household like in S3. <3

First/b is ability in CAS to take off accessories off all at the same time easily by xing it out. <3

I also like Build ability to move houses/rooms/fences easily and put more than one room ect. on a lot. <3