Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Also, hey, question: Does anyone have any personal goals they're trying to complete at a SimLit writer? Also, are there any stories you've read/movies you've seen that you either used for inspiration, or would compare your work to?

Well, finish them. I've been on gen 3 of my legacy for almost a year (I started October 2017) :lol: But it's because it's plot driven and I have 3 other stories.

Speaking of my stories, I finally chose the chapter for my turn in bookclub this next week. :) Only took me 7 months...
  • TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    My goal for today is to release Chapter Three, which is luckily coming along smoother than any of the other chapters! :grin: My second goal is to actually commit to writing the rest of the chapters. :astonished:
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
    My goal for today is to release Chapter Three, which is luckily coming along smoother than any of the other chapters! :grin: My second goal is to actually commit to writing the rest of the chapters. :astonished:

Looking forward to it.

It's interesting to see how everyone writes apocalypse stories. I kinda gave up on most of the rules and just used it the context as a base for my story. :lol: One of the rules, for example, is no moving your sims off your lot but I do that sometimes. I break a lot of rules where necessary. :joy: Makes for a good story, I'm told.

Speaking of writing, I should finish some chapters.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Looking forward to it.

It's interesting to see how everyone writes apocalypse stories. I kinda gave up on most of the rules and just used it the context as a base for my story. :lol: One of the rules, for example, is no moving your sims off your lot but I do that sometimes. I break a lot of rules where necessary. :joy: Makes for a good story, I'm told.

Oh, well, mine is in no way the Apocalypse CHALLENGE. Mine is simply Sims living together, at what seems to be the end of the world. I wanted to do an Apocalypse theme, only because most stories seem to be sort of Slice of Life, or challenge-oriented. My last story, which as I previously mentioned is sadly on pause, is much more Slice of Life and generational, but this one is mostly focused on whatever makes the story good, or at the very least, my interpretation of "good".
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!

Looking forward to it.

Oh, well, mine is in no way the Apocalypse CHALLENGE. Mine is simply Sims living together, at what seems to be the end of the world. I wanted to do an Apocalypse theme, only because most stories seem to be sort of Slice of Life, or challenge-oriented. My last story, which as I previously mentioned is sadly on pause, is much more Slice of Life and generational, but this one is mostly focused on whatever makes the story good, or at the very least, my interpretation of "good".

I don't even remember the apocalypse rules. :lol: Mine has family tied in as a theme but it's not the main plot of the story. In fact, I won't how much of the Haynes boys in this gen. They don't have much of a role. I might have them appear at some moments I have planned but overall, I might send them off to go enjoy themselves as background characters/minor characters in any one else's stories. :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Looking forward to it.

I don't even remember the apocalypse rules. :lol: Mine has family tied in as a theme but it's not the main plot of the story. In fact, I won't how much of the Haynes boys in this gen. They don't have much of a role. I might have them appear at some moments I have planned but overall, I might send them off to go enjoy themselves as background characters/minor characters in any one else's stories. :)

mine went from a legacy to just a story. i read through pinstars rules when i started but it was a differnt story then i get to the benders and ayden breaks every rule withen 10 sim days.

Looking forward to it.

mine went from a legacy to just a story. i read through pinstars rules when i started but it was a differnt story then i get to the benders and ayden breaks every rule withen 10 sim days.

See, I love legacies with rules! But at the same time, if the rules don't have plenty of loopholes, I don't enjoy the challenge as much.

Looking forward to it.

See, I love legacies with rules! But at the same time, if the rules don't have plenty of loopholes, I don't enjoy the challenge as much.

if i didn't know better i would think ayden looks at me at times and says "make me." as in follow the rules he knows where hes got me. lol thatd my other problem.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I just started an apocolypse story. XD it's gonna be weird cause it's not a genre I'm strong at
    Shadami wrote: »
    I just started an apocolypse story. XD it's gonna be weird cause it's not a genre I'm strong at

Oooh! I love apocalypse stories! (Both reading and writing!)
    You can thank CathyTea for me trying it. xD she challenged me!

New 7Sins story part.
    edited July 2018
    It's the 23rd where I am, which means, according to our birthday index, it's @CathyTea 's birthday (I'm posting this now because I need to sleep and I'll forget later) Since CathyTea can't exactly give herself a card (well, technically she could but moving on), I made one from all of us. :) Even the lurkers in here...
    fvZsolzl.png
    Anyway, PTLT chapter is also something I'm going to leave here..
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    It's the 23rd where I am, which means, according to our birthday index, it's @CathyTea 's birthday (I'm posting this now because I need to sleep and I'll forget later) Since CathyTea can't exactly give herself a card (well, technically she could but moving on), I made one from all of us. :) Even the lurkers in here...
    fvZsolzl.png

Happy birthday @CathyTea !!
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    fvZsolzl.png

Yezz er! Habadu @CathyTea
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    Happy birthday to Cath, happy birthday to Cath, you're awesome and I adore you~
    I knew it was coming up and was going to check the date. Happy birthday @CathyTea !!!!
    fvZsolzl.png

i was like its not the 23 its the 18th. then i realized that was the time 5:18. it was a long day.
    Shadami wrote: »
    I knew it was coming up and was going to check the date. Happy birthday @CathyTea !!!!

its tomorrow bugsies timezone is earlier than cathteas. i gave her present but were keeping it between us because i promised not to tell.
    i found out today a manager and a guy i work with are related. thats not the weird part though. their both named jesse. i think the one i work with said he and the other jesse were cousins. the other one i work for because hes management.
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Hello everyone! Just finally sat down to write out another chapter. I forget how quickly everything moves along here.

@TestingThisOut77 sorry for the broken link. I added an extra http:/.... its fixed now...

Hey everyone, popping in here as I've been absent for a bit. Work is busy, but rewarding a.k.a no time for Sims. I have been working on worldbuilding, and reading some physical books on my shelf for the first time in awhile.

I do have questions for y'all.
    What is your preferred point of view or perspective when writing SimLit and why? Do you feel your preference affects character choices and plot direction? Does your preference change if you're reading?

I tend to prefer third person perspective in writing, mostly because it means--for me at least-- I can bounce from character to character without too much disruption. I find that I often want to shift perspective depending on what I am doing really quickly and I have a hard time sticking with a single narrator. As far as character selection, I tend to play around with the Sims and take pictures and sort of figure out their personalities... I like the versatility of having many voices and sometimes I find that the screenshots lead me to the selection more than a conscious thought... But I only just began and have been reading many different SimLits which have definitely made me question if the way I am writing is the same way I want to be writing from now on.

@StoriedStorm I'm sorry to hear about your writer's block. It can be hard... but like everyone else has already said, we will wait. I only just found your writing so it will give me plenty of time to catch up on your own work while you recuperate. Take the time you need.

@LadyMoony I love the idea you have for your new SimLit and the screenshots are absolutely AMAZING! Really looking forward to reading I would most definitely take part in the audience participation of the 'Choose Your Own Adventure' Aspect. I loved those stories when I could get my hands on them... although I often turned to all the death scenes before I made it to the end of them lol.

Ok...... off to write! :) Hope everyone has a wonderful simmin' day!
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Happy slightly early birthday, @CathyTea !! You make the forums a better place! <3<3
    uduVcAP.png
    Happy slightly early birthday, @CathyTea !! You make the forums a better place! <3<3

i second that. most of the writing threads people hang out in wouldn't be here without her her brain explodes with ideas then she has to pick one to make it stop. or something like that she tells it better.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy birthday @CathyTea ! Have some cake :)

Ube-Cake.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @CathyTea Happy Birthday and yesterday after I posted the pictures of your two grandsons I remember your granddaughter so here's she is (the sister of Anton)
    ZIOxGgS.png
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top