Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which one is better?

So I've been thinking about buying some stuff packs recently to make my experience a little bit more packed with... stuff. So which one is better?

Origin: TeoKnowsBest

Which one is better? 63 votes

Laundry Day
50%
icmnfrshJaseSimpatsyanncchant86taydevierolovrr31painted_dreams87Francl27SummerStreakrjssimAspenSimsKarababy52Internal_ChaosmimizoutejoleacoEnkiSchmidtBreazonaJojoMOMSTERfilipomelYardenro 32 votes
My First Pet (I have Cats and Dogs)
9%
Writin_RegBagoas77JennygglovesstormsMaggieMarleyMollyDTheSims 6 votes
Vintage Glamour
39%
mcruddgoodcakebaker62LustianiciaFinvolaHalvareshSigzy05harun789Hermitgirlgarapoessummertaffy68RexySimmerpoltergeistWynterlyPeculiarPlumbobKoteykaGamingTweetyparadiseplanetEvie0602Lairaafai1261 25 votes

Comments

• WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    I like Vintage Glamor for the butlers. :)
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.
  • TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    I like Vintage Glamor for the butlers. :)

Yes, that is one of the reasons why I am wanting to get this pack. That and the makeup table.

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    Vintage Glamor has some of my favorite clothes and hairstyles. The butler is also really useful in households with lots of toddlers.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Laundry Day
    Laundry day! The joy and thrill of doing laundry! :D
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Laundry Day
    Laundry Day has a ton of stuff, a lot of it is quite versatile too. Vintage Glamor is also really nice.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    I actually like all 3 of these packs so not one do I consider a bad pack at all. But I use all three pretty equal and their content all the time. I don't use the laundry stuff at all - but I do use everything else in the pack - as I am not into making laundry part of my households - I have enough in real life chore to add that chore to my sims. I mean if we can use our imagination for traveling, for going to work, for sending kids to school, then I can use my imagination that my sims clothing is always fresh and clean without physically having to do it. LOL.

I actually get joy out of using the little pets as not all households are right for actually owning dogs or cats - so the cage pets fills that void. The butlers are helpful in Vintage glamour as well as I love the clothing in both Laundry Day and Vintage Glamour - and use it a lot.

To be completely honest I don't find any of the stuff packs bad and use the content from all of them.

Edited to add:
    Last week end I did end up adding a few laundry things to a couple houses - one has a butler (my only wealthy Sims house) and the other two had daily maids. Then I discovered the maids didn't do the laundry and the houses were becoming a mess so I removed laundry from those houses - lol - but did leave the one with the butler. If we ever get farms I am thinking of maybe a washtub and clothes line in that household - But I like all my SPs content.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I only have Vintage Glamour. It's not bad, but would probably get one of the others.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    When First Pet came out, I was defiant and did not get it until it went on sale. However, I let what others say at times sway me. I agree with @Writin_Reg. I use all the stuff packs above. However, I really enjoy seeing my sim kids go to the little pets and do things. I also find it humorous when I get a notification that my little pet has done something special. I use the furniture, too. I enjoy the butlers as well and love the clothes. And Laundry Day has some really cute stuff as well, but I have enough laundry in my life, I don't need more. I usually ignore that. lol One day, I'll play with it more. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I actually like all 3 of these packs so not one do I consider a bad pack at all. But I use all three pretty equal and their content all the time. I don't use the laundry stuff at all - but I do use everything else in the pack - as I am not into making laundry part of my households - I have enough in real life chore to add that chore to my sims. I mean if we can use our imagination for traveling, for going to work, for sending kids to school, then I can use my imagination that my sims clothing is always fresh and clean without physically having to do it. LOL.

I actually get joy our of using the little pets as not all households are right for actually owning dogs or cats - so the cage pets fills that void. The butlers are helpful in Vintage glamour as well as I love the clothing in both Laundry Day and Vintage Glamour - and use it a lot.

To be completely honest I don't find any of the stuff packs bad and use the content from all of them.
    When First Pet came out, I was defiant and did not get it until it went on sale. However, I let what others say at times sway me. I agree with @Writin_Reg. I use all the stuff packs above. However, I really enjoy seeing my sim kids go to the little pets and do things. I also find it humorous when I get a notification that my little pet has done something special. I use the furniture, too. I enjoy the butlers as well and love the clothes. And Laundry Day has some really cute stuff as well, but I have enough laundry in my life, I don't need more. I usually ignore that. lol One day, I'll play with it more. :)

Thank you for the opinions! I've never thought about this pack like this before. I might actually get this one along with Laundry Stuff, since the furniture is AMAZING~!

• summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    I love Vintage Glamour and My First Pet, but I think VG has more stuff that would appeal to all homes as opposed to MFP which has a few things that are geared more towards kids.
    1500x500.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Laundry Day
    I don't have MFPS. Vintage Glamour is eh for me. The butlers are nice, but hardly necessary. And the CAS and BB items aren't that huge a draw.

I like Laundry the best because of the CAS. I definitely use most of it, and a lot of the BB items are good additions too. The laundry aspect is a secondary thing to me, but it's pretty good. It's quite in-depth for such a simple thing, and it's nice to see that they put a lot of thought into it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Laundry Day
    Laundry Day is a big go for me. I know, doing Laundry sounds really boring, but It actually is really enjoying. And the build mode stuff are really nice. Vintage Glamour is not my style really. The butlers are okay, but I don't really use them. My first pet stuff is just not worth it. It gives you some pet accessories that should have been in CATS AND DOGS... The build mode items are not that great, and hamsters aren't that great.

I like all these packs enough to buy them, so I don't think you can go wrong with one, but I just think that Laundry Day Stuff, is the better one out of the three
    Proud simmer
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    Laundry Day
    At first I didn't care about laundry day stuff, it wasn't what I voted for at all. Once it came out however, I absolutely fell in love with it! I love the clothes and the build/buy items, and I actually do laundry in game... adds to the overall feeling of family play (chores). I thought i would love vintage glamour more, because I am obsessed with 1920-40s type style and this reminds me of that. Turns out i actually use laundry day stuff more! Surprised the heck out of me!
  • RustyCicuitRustyCicuit Posts: 49 Member
    Laundry Day
    You can watch your sim watching the washing machine wash. Round and round it goes. Doesn't get better than this. Oh and watching sims spontaneously combust from faulty lint, is always fun. Ah, the simple things in sim life.

But jokes aside, if you are into decade type of playing, then washing by hand and drying on racks can help the immersion. Vintage glamor is actually a neat pack, as well. Has great CAS and Build if one is into it. Vanity, while not particularly useful, can add flavor plus kids can mess around with it, which I admit, is adorable. Butlers quality of life was improved in one of recent patches and they can now retire to bed by command, which was sorely needed. Since without the option to send them to bed, playing households with them got annoying pretty fast. My first pet pack, despite bad response by the community, has some neat items in it too.

Either way, this is mostly subjective, just get the pack, that will in your option add most to the gameplay.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    I don't have Laundry Day, so I based my vote off the other two choices as I have those packs. I'd say Vintage Glamour. I bought MFP during a recent sale, it was nothing more and nothing less than what I was expecting. I think there's more content in VG than MFP. Besides the small pets, there isn't much content apart from recolors.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    Go with what you like in style and gameplay.
    There are two beds in vintage glamour and a butler and fancy items.. very cool for character creation. Laundry Day would be my next choice for the laid back feel of the clothing and build/buy. MFP if you like to kill of sims with a disease ;).
    I need them all...
    egTcBMc.png