Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warning do not download this TS3 World it has malware (Meant to place this in the TS3 Section)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
edited July 2018 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Saw this on twitter so I thought I'd let yall who don't use that site know

Edit
Oops should have put this in the TS3 Forum.

Comments

• geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    Thank you for posting this.
    I do not have much info atm. For all i know the creator may be clueless about the infected files. However everyone who tried to report this to them over facebook has been rediculed , bullied and banned. I have no idea if the person who is so harshly and blindly defending the files , is the creator or a friend of them. As for the pirated content there is a small chance they have no idea they did pirate them. Seems they took pack meshes , turned them base game compatible and added them as cc in their world file.

Lets hope EA manages to clear things up, that its just a misunderrstanding and that the world files get cleaned and reuploaded, cause from what i've seen it's a beautiful world (from pics at least) and it would be a shame. For now it would be wise not to download, untill everything is cleared up
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    How does this possible to share a world with a malware inside, please tell me because I am clueless.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    It's not uploaded in the ts3 world download section. The link is on Tumblr and it redirects to a file sharing site. The file might be infected without the creator knowing if their computer has been infected without them realizing. There are a lot of people reporting their antivirus are rising red flags about it. There are also people that did download and installed the world and their computers went haywire. Black screens , lagging, renamed files etch. The basic issue here is the attitude , that makes people skeptical, and think that the file has been deliberately infected. Whoever tried to report the issues, has been bullied, made fun of, blocked, and called a "hater" instead of the creator looking into this and finding if there is indeed an issue with their files
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks for the warning!
    giphy.gif
  • PeartreeismsPeartreeisms Posts: 7 New Member
    > @geminiagre said:
    > Thank you for posting this.
    > I do not have much info atm. For all i know the creator may be clueless about the infected files. However everyone who tried to report this to them over facebook has been rediculed , bullied and banned. I have no idea if the person who is so harshly and blindly defending the files , is the creator or a friend of them. As for the pirated content there is a small chance they have no idea they did pirate them. Seems they took pack meshes , turned them base game compatible and added them as cc in their world file.
    >
    > Lets hope EA manages to clear things up, that its just a misunderrstanding and that the world files get cleaned and reuploaded, cause from what i've seen it's a beautiful world (from pics at least) and it would be a shame. For now it would be wise not to download, untill everything is cleared up

Just as an FYI, this is actually a false claim stemming from an argument on The Sims 3 Facebook Group.

There was a group of three who made up the claim of viruses as a joke because they disagreed with the admin:
    https:\\imgur.com\a\LaKZtP8

These people then were banned and spread these unverified and uncorroborated rumors around.

If you want an explaination, there's a pinned post at the facebook group that explains everything.
    This a link to the facebook page:

https:\\www.facebook.com\groups\1463047447335818\permalink\1886215795018979\
    Unfortunately, rumors spread too easily on the internet these days, especially if they made by people how have a bone to pick.
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    There is nothing wrong with the world! It does not contain viruses! Myself and a few others have done reviews on the world and haven't had any issues! The people who have had virus issues either already had it on their desktop/laptop or got a virus from a pop-up ad when downloading from mediafire!

edited July 2018
    There are numerous reports of it having issues with malware. Maybe it was an issue with adds or whatever. Still we need to warn people until everything clears up. The attitude of the people in that group was not nice either . You don't tell someone to "go drink bleach" because they had issues with a world they downloaded. There are over 15 people who claim that were banned , bullied and harassed (even through dms) because they were "haters" for having issues with the world and their antivirus. And all this mess is not looking good. On top of this all the world contains pirated content. And those pirated content , attach to your uploads. Anyone who downloads the world, and doesn't know exactly how things work, can easily upload something to the exchange , with pirated content attached and get in trouble without having a freaking clue why.
    The wise thing is to not download this world until everything is cleared up. I know it's awesome and all, the creator did an amazing job, but it's better to wait. Better be safe than sorry.
    Apparently the thread on Sims Global Community has been deleted and the instigators of that thread complaining about the world have been banned from that group.

It sounds really more like those instigators and those who had a complaint were arguing more with the other community group's administrator, rather than the world. Again, none of the allegations had any solid proof attached to them, and it was more of a he-said, she-said, they-said sort of situation.

I would definitely wait until the situation calms down before downloading the world, but again, these allegations to this point really sound more like a conflict with the group admin, rather than real issues with the world.
  • cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
    edited December 2023
    ??????
    Post edited by cutieje on
    forever wishing i could use motherlode irl.
  • cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
    edited December 2023
    Post edited by cutieje on
    forever wishing i could use motherlode irl.
    edited July 2018
    cutieje wrote: »
    And also @MiddletonPlays you have been dragging our names for 3 days and you continue to do so when we have dropped the whole situation.

I stopped talking about it yesterday as I am fed up with the whole situation! If you're going to continue being the person that you're being, that's fine by me but I don't want nothing to do with it! I left people like you in high school!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2018
    geminiagre wrote: »
    And those pirated content , attach to your uploads. Anyone who downloads the world, and doesn't know exactly how things work, can easily upload something to the exchange , with pirated content attached and get in trouble without having a freaking clue why.

Pirated Store Content doesn't attach itself to your uploads that's a myth.
    And even if you download a world with said content without having the content installed (whether legit or pirated) the game won't load it up and removes the content.

*Edit*
    But what can happen if you download a world with pirated Store Content if you have legit Store Content installed is game corruption as you can't mixed the two together as there would be broken reference links in the world file as pirated content is considered a different item altogether by the game even though things may work fine for awhile but eventually everything will start to break.
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2018
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    Pirated Store Content doesn't attach itself to your uploads that's a myth.
    And even if you download a world with said content without having the content installed (whether legit or pirated) the game won't load it up and removes the content.

Exactly.

Asinine rumors and gossip like those mentioned in this thread are why talented creators stop creating for this ungrateful community.

Because some computer illiterate person who doesn't know the difference between their OS & a virus, and barely even knows how to turn their computer on, suddenly realises they possibly have malware on their PC, probably from as said above, an Ad from somewhere like Mediafire or TSR, and then begins screaming that a world caused it.
    These last two days my Tumblr dash has been full of people that have downloaded and are quite happily playing this world without a single problem. There is no malware in this world whatsoever.

From the appalling post by the instigator that has been making the rounds on Tumblr after making a blatantly false and unproven claim of malware, credit card info theft and whatever other rubbish they can dream up, it seems that said instigator is trying to run this world and sims game on a laptop that should probably have been retired in 1980.

According to this person, this world is blank, the houses are rabbitholes ( SERIOUSLY ? they are shells, designed to hide empty lots until you feel like building your own ) the world lags, and then finishes it off by saying the world doesn't even load. Quite frankly, if the world doesn't even load, how would they know that its supposedly blank, filled with rabbithole houses and lags?
    This is not to mention that they seem to have confused the owner of said Fakebook group with the actual world creator who knew nothing of all of this nonsense until it was drawn to their attention.

I don't know why a portion of this community is so willing to believe anything that they just read and then go spreading falsities and other garbage all over the place.
    This world isn't broken, or full of malware. If it was, it would have affected EVERY single person who downloaded it, not apparently just a special select few. It is a stunningly beautiful result of about two years work and the creator is deserving of thanks and appreciation, not appalling rumors and nonsense like this.

Disgusting.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    > @ScottDemon said:
    > But what can happen if you download a world with pirated Store Content if you have legit Store Content installed is game corruption as you can't mixed the two together as there would be broken reference links in the world file as pirated content is considered a different item altogether by the game even though things may work fine for awhile but eventually everything will start to break.

That would happen in the savegame not the actual game files, am I correct?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2018
    Okay but ignorance of Computers and the game shouldn't be met with threats and harassment. It should be helped with patience and understanding. If the topics were left to show the help they gave* with the people/person with the problems then there wouldn't need to be this big whole ... Thing.

Help people learn and not be so afraid of the game and the worlds. Seems like things weren't handled well. That's sad. Let's not bring it here with such condemnation and impatience. Let's help them and teach to make things better. :cookie:

*spelling correction.
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Okay but ignorance of Computers and the game shouldn't be met with threats and harassment. It should be helped with patience and understanding. If the topics were left to show the help they gave* with the people/person with the problems then there wouldn't need to be this big whole ... Thing.
    >
    > Help people learn and not be so afraid of the game and the worlds. Seems like things weren't handled well. That's sad. Let's not bring it here with such condemnation and impatience. Let's help them and teach to make things better. :cookie:
    >
    > *spelling correction.

Yeah, it sounds like it was really a moderation issue more so than a world one. Some admins were too ban-happy, some users were making up mistruths, and that basically turned into a 'he-said-she-said-I've-heard-there-are-reports-of' cesspool of allegations.
    > @ScottDemon said:
    > But what can happen if you download a world with pirated Store Content if you have legit Store Content installed is game corruption as you can't mixed the two together as there would be broken reference links in the world file as pirated content is considered a different item altogether by the game even though things may work fine for awhile but eventually everything will start to break.

That would happen in the savegame not the actual game files, am I correct?

Yes just the save game.
    Thanks for the note, I'll let the creator know.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited July 2018
    Saw on the horse site (guess you can’t say the name here) this was a bunch of hooey...I’d feel safe downloading this world.

**Not that I take anything those bu*tt heads say as gospel!
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the note, I'll let the creator know.

You're welcome.
    And just to note since the creator did mention the decrapified content I'm more inclined to believe that they own the actual items and simply decrapped them for their own personal use but they shouldn't redistribute it as that can cause them problems if EA does decide to do something.
    They should remove the download link to the decrapped content to avoid problems.

*Edit*
    Didn't notice at first that the content was included with the world download they should redo the upload including only the world and the required CC.
    Post edited by ScottDemon on