March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My map of SimNation

12346...Next

Comments

• lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    this is the coolest thing I've ever seen
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey! San Myshuno is being Asian? That's OK, we can get another city world from The Sims 4 which looks more of American!
  • grimm_unclegrimm_uncle Posts: 2 New Member
    Has it, if not, when, ben updated for cats and dogs?
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Super impressive.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

No not yet, I’ve been waiting for a few more worlds to be released before I update it, actually also considered just remaking the whole map, but I’m not sure.
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member

No not yet, I’ve been waiting for a few more worlds to be released before I update it, actually also considered just remaking the whole map, but I’m not sure.

Please update this map whenever you can. I adore your works when I see them on twitter and this is one of your amazing creations
  • vanilleonsimsvanilleonsims Posts: 40 Member
    @jxsimmer
    It's been a longtime
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    This look incredible
    But why does France's flag look like Switzerland with a giant plumbob?
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This is absolutely amazing! Wish it was updated though!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • De_SugarpumpkinDe_Sugarpumpkin Posts: 48 Member
    That is so beautiful, it is like seeing a map from another planet, similar to earth! I love it! <3
    Del Sol Valley is now American city!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    This map is amazing, i wish the devs would care more about the lore they set in previous games (like, recreating Strangetown instead of creating Strangerville to fit the exact same purpose), but meh...
    Would love if instead of a vacation spot like we have in Sims 4 (with Granite Falls and Selvadorada), they would add biome/country/state and more than one world to each biome/country/state, then only the premade families/citizens from that biome would be seen walking down the street of the biome/country/state you choose to live, then the others would work as vacation destination till you decided to move to one of them.
  • LiedjeLiedje Posts: 1 New Member
    Wauw!
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    This is amazing! Any chance of a legend, and perhaps a listing of all the locations, and which game they came in? Perhaps a legend and color-coded map tags? Loving the look of this, and everything placed so well. I see from the link to the original post that you've spent years on this, and the hard work shows. I know locations from 1-3, but that's about it. So many others! I hadn't realized there were so many. Thanks for sharing this with the simming community.
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I am beyond words!! I love the way you put all the worlds together like Veronaville being near Windenburg , Just seems sooo right. I don't remember what the town in Sims Medieval is called , did you add that too ?

Yes I added every kingdom from TSM, The Kingdom is the capital, then all of surrounding names are the other kingdoms from the game. :)

I see "The Kingdom" as the whole isle of Great Britain. Is there a specific city that was the main one? Haven't played in a but, and can't recall the names.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The only issue I have with it is the positions of everything are weird to me, left to right.

I'm from the UK so The Kingdom should be somewhere in the middle with SimNation on the left and RedNation etc on the right.

That's how our maps are drawn IRL.

E.G

UK/European world map. - This one makes the most sense to me as GMT is in the middle with GMT-X to the left and GMT+X to the right. And probably also because I'm British.

Aussie/NZ world map. - Yours looks the most like this, so I'm guessing you are Aussie/Kiwi (or from somewhere else thereabouts)?

I get where you're coming from, and I'm actually from the UK as well, but for some reason the layout I chose just seemed to fit the best. I also didn't want the map to resemble Earth too much, so I jumbled it up a bit. I did try laying it out with The Kingdom being in the middle, but it just didn't work as well.

I like the way you did it, with the lands you placed in the Pacific being centered. Assuming those are TS4-related? That one, I don't have. It all fits, at any rate, with no continent split, so it looks good. Maps tend to be centered on the country of origin, which makes sense, but for this, the imaginary places centered works well.
    I've also done the new map in The Sims 2! :smiley:

42a73afc65a456a7b0efc0de332748d3.png

EDIT: would anyone like to download these recolours? @keylimepiesims I'd like to share these recolours on my tumblr blog, would you be okay with that? Just wanted to make sure. :)

Any chance of getting one for TS3? The ones you have done look great.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Hey all, I just wanted to share with you something I've been working on for the last couple of months, as you can see from the title I've been putting together a HUGE map of all the Sims towns and cities from every Sims game ever (including all of the spin-offs) and I've slowly been updating it over a few months in this thread, but I wanted to share it with everyone else here (I know it's not technically Sims 4 specific, but I wanted everyone to see it so it wasn't buried at the bottom of the forum!) because I'm really proud of it. Lol.

Anyway, here it is! Every sims town/city from: Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4 (and all of their expansions, both pc and console), all of The Sims Stories, The Sims Bustin' Out, The Urbz, Sims Online, all of the MySims games, The Sims Medieval, The Sims Social, and SimCity 2013.

sims_world_map_by_hazzaplumbob-da9cndo.png

Hope you guys like it, I worked hard on it! :lol:

Edit: Also thought I'd include the flags as well:

The Kingdom
    tumblr_o5qfc1FB541v8owxvo6_250.png

France
    tumblr_o5qf9kOx4X1v8owxvo5_250.png

Produsha
    tumblr_o5qfb5GfnU1v8owxvo1_250.png

Europa
    tumblr_o5qfclPb2H1v8owxvo1_250.png

Olympia
    tumblr_o5qf9zY9M81v8owxvo5_250.png

Simharia
    tumblr_o5qfb5GfnU1v8owxvo5_250.png

Morocco
    tumblr_o5qf9zY9M81v8owxvo4_250.png

Egypt
    tumblr_o5qf9kOx4X1v8owxvo3_250.png

South Simharia
    tumblr_o5qfc1FB541v8owxvo4_250.png

Simdagascar
    tumblr_o5qfb5GfnU1v8owxvo4_250.png

India
    tumblr_o5qf9zY9M81v8owxvo1_250.png

China
    tumblr_o5qf9kOx4X1v8owxvo1_250.png

Kingdom of Cambodia
    tumblr_o5qf9zY9M81v8owxvo2_250.png

Simpanese Islands
    tumblr_o5qfc1FB541v8owxvo1_250.png

RedNation
    tumblr_o5qfb5GfnU1v8owxvo2_250.png

Ea Land
    tumblr_o5qf9kOx4X1v8owxvo2_250.png

Southern Ea Land
    tumblr_o5qfc1FB541v8owxvo5_250.png

SimNation
    tumblr_o5qfb5GfnU1v8owxvo6_250.png

Mexsimco
    tumblr_o5qf9zY9M81v8owxvo3_250.png

Simaican Isles
    tumblr_o5qfb5GfnU1v8owxvo3_250.png

South SimNation
    tumblr_o5qfc1FB541v8owxvo3_250.png

Iceland
    tumblr_o5qf9kOx4X1v8owxvo6_250.png

Simtarctica
    tumblr_o5qfc1FB541v8owxvo2_250.png

This is awesome 😎👍. Thank you for your efforts. I love seeing all the towns and where they sit in the world 🌍. 🎉🎉🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    I've also done the new map in The Sims 2! :smiley:

42a73afc65a456a7b0efc0de332748d3.png

EDIT: would anyone like to download these recolours? @keylimepiesims I'd like to share these recolours on my tumblr blog, would you be okay with that? Just wanted to make sure. :)

Any chance of getting one for TS3? The ones you have done look great.

@LadyGreenEyes that was posted in 2016 and the user was last on the forum in 2019 so they might not see your request.
  • E1ethE1eth Posts: 82 Member
    Oh my God, this is seriously so incredible WOW! Color me impressed! Thank you so much for sharing this ☺️
    ⮕MY DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE GALLERY⬅
    e240ae6e-dd5f-4ade-b889-22a7bed06e4f-profile_banner-480.pngI STREAM THE SIMS 4 & SMITE EVERY WEEK ON TWITCH 🌆 CURRENT CHALLENGE: BEAUTIFYING BASE GAME 🌆
  • RuslanRuslan Posts: 1 New Member
    it is ok