Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    Australian Survivor starts back August 1st ^^
    Spoiler: I didn’t get on it :’(

Yeah, saw an ad a little while ago...there's a twist to it, isn't there? With the contestants...didn't excite me, and knowing you aren't there either...darn :(

Competitors vs Contenders... Aka. Celebrity sports people or “people who are the best in their fields” vs... non-great people? ... dumbest twist ever. Yes. Let’s put a team of sports people versus nobodies. >.>

So yeah, it really split everyone’s chances in two. And since I’m not a professional at anything nor a famous sportsperson, I couldn’t get on >.>

They could’ve at least spilt them up between the tribes, but then it’s not Competitors vs Contenders, is it? I liked the previous seasons with an assortment of contenders, so I doubt it’s gonna be very enjoyable to see professionals whoop the everyday contestants.

What a disappointment :/

Yeah >.< You know how Big Brother Australia went downhill cause they stopped picking normal people, this how AuSurvivor will go :/ Turn into celebrities and that’s it.

Wish they’d fix Big Brother Australia but at least there’s the US and Canada seasons...which reminds me, I’ve got a few episodes of Season 20 to catch up on :)
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member

Yeah, saw an ad a little while ago...there's a twist to it, isn't there? With the contestants...didn't excite me, and knowing you aren't there either...darn :(

Competitors vs Contenders... Aka. Celebrity sports people or “people who are the best in their fields” vs... non-great people? ... dumbest twist ever. Yes. Let’s put a team of sports people versus nobodies. >.>

So yeah, it really split everyone’s chances in two. And since I’m not a professional at anything nor a famous sportsperson, I couldn’t get on >.>

They could’ve at least spilt them up between the tribes, but then it’s not Competitors vs Contenders, is it? I liked the previous seasons with an assortment of contenders, so I doubt it’s gonna be very enjoyable to see professionals whoop the everyday contestants.

Coincidentally, US Survivor will be doing a similar concept of David vs Goliath. But the producers know what they're doing, the challenges will be even between physical stuff and puzzles I'm sure. They'll probably save the heavily physical challenges post-swap.

Yeah >.< You know how Big Brother Australia went downhill cause they stopped picking normal people, this how AuSurvivor will go :/ Turn into celebrities and that’s it.

Wish they’d fix Big Brother Australia but at least there’s the US and Canada seasons...which reminds me, I’ve got a few episodes of Season 20 to catch up on :)

This season is good so far! The twist isn't overly random/unfair/unpredictable (although it's still rigged), and there's no sour apples in the cast (thus far).
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    Turner wrote: »

This season is good so far! The twist isn't overly random/unfair/unpredictable (although it's still rigged), and there's no sour apples in the cast (thus far).

I’m definitely enjoying it! I like the cast this season a lot, which is good, though some can be quite annoying. And yeah, the twists so far aren’t so heavily weighted on certain contestants, which is good, better than what I’ve heard about last season (I only watched about a week of that).
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member

I wish they did it like the North American style :'3 I'd be all on that!
    I'm only up to 18. Trying to catch up on ALL the shows at once... I literally have a list! XD
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    So, I finally started watching Survivor: Ghost Island. Wow. I'm super behind. lol

Don't worry Lo, I haven't seen it either, I haven't had time to watch it yet. :D

I completely forgot about it. Is that your excuse? It's mine. ;) lol Actually, I was going to start them all over again. I found them on Amazon Prime, Hulu, and CBS All Access. I think Prime doesn't have all of them plus them and Hulu don't have every single episode on some seasons. (Um, what the heck?) So, I'm trying the CBS All access, even if I have to pay. It has all of them up to the current, so yay! But first, Ghost Island. Thanks, @HayloHusky, for the idea!

One day I’ll watch it. Hehe. But, I’m way behind that XD so I’ll get there ^^ but I’m glad you got back into watching them too

Oi! Yeah, I've been behind a few seasons before. Not fun. lol It's fun catching up, though. :smiley:
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Turner wrote: »
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    So, I finally started watching Survivor: Ghost Island. Wow. I'm super behind. lol

Don't worry Lo, I haven't seen it either, I haven't had time to watch it yet. :D

I completely forgot about it. Is that your excuse? It's mine. ;) lol Actually, I was going to start them all over again. I found them on Amazon Prime, Hulu, and CBS All Access. I think Prime doesn't have all of them plus them and Hulu don't have every single episode on some seasons. (Um, what the heck?) So, I'm trying the CBS All access, even if I have to pay. It has all of them up to the current, so yay! But first, Ghost Island. Thanks, @HayloHusky, for the idea!

My excuse was that I was at school lol. But when I returned home this summer my mom and I binged it :blush: Binging Survivor is fun!

Binging is so much fun! But more so when you have someone who enjoys it with you. I'm glad you have someone.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Lo, once you watch Ghost Island, can you tell me about how you feel about the season?

Because I find the gameplay at many points in that season to be lacking but I feel as if you were to binge the season, you might have a better opinion on the season as a whole than I do.

I will. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

<3
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member

I can't trust this post. You might pull a Whitney/Morgan on the show.
    BTW, call me Jake.

Bwahaha! That would be sweet!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member

Turn into celebrities isn't always a bad thing. If WidM didn't do that by season 5 the viewer ratings wouldn't have jumped and it'd have been cancelled. Now that it's the most popular reality game in the Netherlands though, I think seeing non-celebs play would give it a boost. Perhaps Season 20? :smiley:

I suspect the Dutch Expeditie Robinson will ALSO have a twist like that, Celebs vs the Plebs. Early this year there was a casting call and an online video/vote competition out of which 7 non-celebs were chosen. 7 + 7 is 14, which does sound like a reasonable cast number, maybe 2 hidden camp leaders (and former players) to make 16?

Since 2010 it's been celebrity seasons though. Only last year 4 non-celebs have been casted - and spoiler: one of them won and everyone was rooting for them.
    Banner.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Haylo pretends to be a meathead dudebro when he's actually a 38-year-old math professor
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited July 2018
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Haylo pretends to be a meathead dudebro when he's actually a 38-year-old math professor

ACCURATE af
    edited July 2018
    Survivor Ghost Island stuff...
    Lo, once you watch Ghost Island, can you tell me about how you feel about the season?

Because I find the gameplay at many points in that season to be lacking but I feel as if you were to binge the season, you might have a better opinion on the season as a whole than I do.

So far, I'm absolutely loving the season. I mean, it's all based on previous missions and immunity idols, including the one Ozzy made as a fake. That's sooooo cool!!!

I'm only on Episode 7 so far, though. Did you not like the previous challenges, so that's why? Or just, in general, the whole feel of the season being pieced together from previous seasons?
    Post edited by lovesstorms on
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    And @twiddle3, I <3 your new avi!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    And @twiddle3, I <3 your new avi!

Thank you Lo, I like it too, It was a gift from Bleu.
    Christmas_Banner.png

So far, I'm absolutely loving the season. I mean, it's all based on previous missions and immunity idols, including the one Ozzy made as a fake. That's sooooo cool!!!

I'm only on Episode 7 so far, though. Did you not like the previous challenges, so that's why? Or just, in general, the whole feel of the season being pieced together from previous seasons?

The post-merge gameplay fell apart from me.
    BTW, call me Jake.
    Lo, it is better if you give me your entire thoughts on the season after it is over.
    BTW, call me Jake.
    Lo, it is better if you give me your entire thoughts on the season after it is over.

I don't see the big deal. lol It isn't like I hadn't planned on telling you more after I finished it all. I was just curious what you meant because so far I was really enjoying it and I didn't understand. I'll keep watching as I hadn't planned on stopping and let you know after I'm done.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Lo, by Episode 7, do you mean the final 14 boot or the merge boot?
    BTW, call me Jake.
    edited July 2018
    Lo, by Episode 7, do you mean the final 14 boot or the merge boot?

Not really sure what that means. I just began episode 8 and they've just merged. And Chris can just go. "Suave" Bwahahahaha! What a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited July 2018
    Chris was my favorite contestant that season....

The first episode was two parts so that is what I meant.
    BTW, call me Jake.
    edited July 2018
    BTW, Lo, after watching the merge boot, watch this!
    BTW, call me Jake.
    edited July 2018

Unsure if this is spoilery or not, but just in case...
    BTW, Lo, after watching the merge boot, watch this!

tenor.gif?itemid=3576915

MdBewa7.gif

mawg2gthn7i54bdwjdjr.gif

225-SurviveMonday5-750.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_p758igcf3V1sq0qzoo2_400.gif

giphy.gif
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org