Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is the Ultimate Careers mod any good?

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
edited February 2022 in The Sims 3 General Discussion
Not played it before.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Neither have I to be honest, but it looks brilliant and does have a very loyal following among NRaas members and others. :)

Tutorial: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Zerbu's+Ultimate+Careers+Mod
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I've tried it twice, once with the police career and once with the medical career. Both of the times I had lots of fun setting up the workplace in such a way to use the work-related objects listed on Zerbu's site and make it look like a convincing police station/hospital.
    When I started the actual gameplay, I enjoyed the hospital but not the police station. The reason is that the co-workers in the police station never seemed to use any work-related objects other than gym equipment, so they spent all day in the gym and my sim was alone in the office.
    When I played the hospital, all the co-workers kept using all the equipment, and since I set the lot to Visitors Allowed there were also many townies I could pretend were patients. It was chaotic and often funny, but really fun to play.

Some random screenshots:

o9e2DXs.jpg

t04oteq.jpg

0nqyj4o.jpg

xt4iGlX.jpg

sUkMWRt.jpg
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I absolutely love the mod! :smile: I've opened many of the game's rabbitholes. I've learned to never, ever, put a coffee maker on the lot - they are kind of obsessed. The problem with the working out at the police station - and military base for that matter, I've noticed that in my game as well. I got rid of the outdoor obstacle course for the most part and added a few more TV's opposite areas I wanted sims to sit and work.

CYcv7Jd.jpg
    There were times this area got pretty congested. I still add it in from time to time.

sqslhdZ.jpg
    When the equipment isn't out, they are all happy to visit both buildings and do other things. I have the military base and the police station on one lot.

XqVgBxJ.jpg
    4IZd14X.jpg
    NllbyYB.jpg
    0y1vHiX.jpg
    I LOVE that the Grunt's dog stopped by one day to peek in the windows.

The outside of the buildings:
    kC0hyuh.jpg
    j4SsjkT.jpg

Before I just used the rabbit hole replacer rugs, but now there is a whole new life, and reason, to stop by the workplaces. Whether my active sim is there or not. This is just an example of one lot, I've opened many, and each one provides such a rich experience. LOVE the science career being opened probably the most. Hospital is a close second.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar , your military/police base looks wonderful!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I need to get the Ultimate Careers mod, but I have a feeling that I'd probably go insane setting it up. (the little devil on my shoulder: "...and that is a problem, why?" )
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @PalmArrow Thank you! :smile:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had this Mod in my games for at least a few years and won't play without it now and I've got a tuning file for it as well.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I've never heard of this one. I might have to try it.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 2018
    @PalmArrow @Jessa_Dakkar your lots look awsome!!!! :smiley:

@marcel21 It's a cool mod, works well, opens up whole new possibilities for the story.
    One thing to note about it that it makes the time goes slower, I mean it's a very different game style than playing with rabbitholes. And also you should know that if you intend to use it, you somethimes need to micromanage - because the sim's job performance is based on his activities in the lot which depends on the objects you place. I'll give an example - when I built the criminal lot the sims were doing ok, they basically watched TV/did some work out. But when I played in school it seems like my sims weren't bussy enough so they grades decreased, and they kept failing... also in the hospital - I guess I havn't set up enough career-related objects and so some of my sims got fired... So keep in mind it's is suitable if your going to keep an eye on your sims.

I had a lot of accidents with the chemisty table, too :lol:
    3350380.jpg
    So at least I used the hospital for this matter :wink:
    8825681.jpg
    945162.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top