Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

Hi, I was just wondering if AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics meets the recommendations for the complete game, and if so, if it would run the game on ultra graphics? I did a comparison of the graphics to Nvidia GTX 650 and it seems to be slightly better, but I do know the Radeon RX Vega 11 is integrated graphics and that usually a separate graphics card is recommended. I wasn't sure since this is a new processor if it might be the exception. I'm asking because someone has asked me about it and I'm not as familiar with AMD.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    The cpu is enough. The Vega 11 while integrated is one of the best integrated chips, however i still would HIGHLY recommend a dedicated card if you want to be able to play without trouble.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    jessica925jessica925 Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks @chesterbigbird. I didn't notice the notification until now. Would it allow the person to play on ultra graphics too?

On a separate note, I was wondering about the 8th generation Intel laptop chips ending in 'U'. I have seen that in general that processors ending in U aren't recommended (ie past generations) because they were dual core, but the 8th generation is quad core so I was wondering if the 8th generation chips are fine, of course assuming they are paired with a separate graphics card (which perhaps they don't do). Thanks!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @jessica925 yes the newer U processor are lower end quad core but still not meant for gaming . The gaming quad cores end in HQ or MQ. This game is processor heavy so you want a processor for gaming. Your video card also counts too. If going for a laptop you need specs below

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti or 1060

Processor: intel i5 or i7 for gaming which will end in HQ or MQ

Hard drive space 500 gb or or more. You do not want a laptop with only a 256 gb hard drive. This game takes up allot more space than stated as the minimum by EA. Game hard drive space does not include updates, adding CC and or mods. Also every time you save the game, the game files get larger. You need enough hard drive space to handle all that

8gb computer ram
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    jessica925 wrote: »
    Thanks @chesterbigbird. I didn't notice the notification until now. Would it allow the person to play on ultra graphics too?

On a separate note, I was wondering about the 8th generation Intel laptop chips ending in 'U'. I have seen that in general that processors ending in U aren't recommended (ie past generations) because they were dual core, but the 8th generation is quad core so I was wondering if the 8th generation chips are fine, of course assuming they are paired with a separate graphics card (which perhaps they don't do). Thanks!

I wouldn't count on ultra with the integrated graphics.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    jessica925jessica925 Posts: 33 Member
    @jessica925 yes the newer U processor are lower end quad core but still not meant for gaming . The gaming quad cores end in HQ or MQ. This game is processor heavy so you want a processor for gaming. Your video card also counts too. If going for a laptop you need specs below

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti or 1060

Processor: intel i5 or i7 for gaming which will end in HQ or MQ

Hard drive space 500 gb or or more. You do not want a laptop with only a 256 gb hard drive. This game takes up allot more space than stated as the minimum by EA. Game hard drive space does not include updates, adding CC and or mods. Also every time you save the game, the game files get larger. You need enough hard drive space to handle all that

8gb computer ram

Thanks @phoebebebe13! That's what I thought, but I was having a discussion with someone and they thought it would be fine because it was quad core so I thought I'd check here as I get a lot of questions re: laptops (& occasionally desktops hence the question above) in a Sims 4 group I admin on. I try to send them here since I know people here know a lot more than I do :) . That said, I don't see HQ or MQ at the end of any of the 8th generation intel chips, but I do see H, B and G (the H and B are on their 6 core processor and G is on some 4 core processors); would those be fine?

Re: the graphics, I know in the past you said GTX 960M was fine for the complete game. Has that changed, or are you just recommending the newer GTX now since it's more readily available. Thanks!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @jessica925 Your very welcome. Hardware keeps changing. They do still sell HQ and MQ processor here in the USA. I forgot H is better than HQ/MQ . I'm not sure about the others since this is all new and I have not seen the B and G yet!! . @chesterbigbird would know this answer about B and G. She does not always get her pages so you can also send her a pm and ask about the B and G

The 960m, it meets requirements but they hardly sell the 900 series anymore on laptop. I have only seen lower end 900 series cards not for gaming still being sold. They now have the 1000 series which is better than the 900 series. For the 1000 series you need 1050, 1050 ti, 1060.