Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imprisoned sims

I'm pretty sure people have mentioned killing off imprisoned sims before, but it seems that sims in the "imprisoned" role state (found by using the "show sim info" mod) are somehow designated unkillable? Their hunger motive suddenly jumps up even without actually eating anything.

I guess I sound like a psycho, but seriously, the whole thing in CL with neighbors entering with an "I know you won't mind, but even if you do, I'll stay anyway," or uninvited sims deciding to sleep in the sims bed (Of course, if you put an exhausted visiting toddler to sleep in a toddler bed, the sim will "react to inappropriate behavior," and immediately wake them up, but a random adult waltzing in uninvited and sleeping in the sim's bed, that's apparently appropriate. Nevermind that it's not.) ... really, is there any GOOD response to this? Even if you do the "ask to leave" interaction, they come back shortly after and do the same thing, again and again and again. Even if they've become enemies.

Googling yields everything from extremely horrifying RL situations to information about the Stanford Prison Experiment... but nothing relevant. Has a recent patch changed the way the game handles imprisoned intruders?

Comments

• JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    Just lock a normal door with them on the other side...
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I seem to remember that is you leave the imprisoned sims alone and travel their stats will be bumped up when you return. Least that happened in my game
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    Just lock a normal door with them on the other side...
    Which would also lock out sims who have been given a key.. because apparently it never occurred to anybody that keys and locks were supposed to have some relation to each other.

kiwi84 wrote: »
    I seem to remember that is you leave the imprisoned sims alone and travel their stats will be bumped up when you return. Least that happened in my game
    It happens even without leaving the lot.