Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW DO I DISABLE OR GET RID OF SOCIAL GROUPS?

I really hate that sims come home with their social group status and infect the town with it. How do I remove or stop this?

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to know too. This bothers me almost as much as the celebrity system.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited May 2013
    shortmikez wrote:
    I really hate that sims come home with their social group status and infect the town with it. How do I remove or stop this?

In a non-mod manner ? Since social influence skills decay on their own over time, all you need to do is quarantine your sim until they are no longer "infected". Not really sure how long that will take though, sorry.

If you happen to be a mod-user: Social groups are handled as skills, so you can simply set your skill level to "0" to remove them. :)
  • cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited May 2013
    EA has a way of making annoying things in game. ^_^
  • CinnaMintKittensCinnaMintKittens Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm jumping in on this bandwagon... Admittedly I only bought University so that I could have a complete Sims 3 EP set, and now I have to fight off these Social Groups.

I really don't like seeing a "Not Nerd" Sim suddenly become an Uber Geek just by playing a Computer Game for an hour. It really doesn't work like that in real life, and it's silly that the stories my Sims are "living" are being overwritten by these Social Groups...

It's at the point where I have to delete the Computer to stop the Sim from becoming a Geek. I can't even stop them from doofing around with their "Smart Phone" now, which I really don't want every Sim under the earth to have. This is ridiculous....

I'm really expecting nothing to happen or come of this, especially because that Sims 4 has now been announced.... but it would be nice to not have any of these from insta-skilling without cheating to remove things.
  • shortmikezshortmikez Posts: 154 New Member
    edited May 2013
    NRaas wrote:
    shortmikez wrote:

In a non-mod manner ? Since social influence skills decay on their own over time, all you need to do is quarantine your sim until they are no longer "infected". Not really sure how long that will take though, sorry.

If you happen to be a mod-user: Social groups are handled as skills, so you can simply set your skill level to "0" to remove them. :)

I use your Overwatch to clean up cars, etc... But have you made a function to clean all? That would be a great addition to the Overwatch.
  • ShanaJadaShanaJada Posts: 55 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if you're open to mods, but there is a mod which simply slows down the social group influence gain. It hasn't been completely tested, and it does conflict with any other skill mods.
    I'll happily link it to you if you don't mind using it! :)
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've always thought it was weird that social groups went past the college stage. It would be much more believable if the social groups were only for kids, teens, and sims who attend university.

The way it is in game now doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Typically, I ignore the social groups unless I want my sim to get one of the jobs you can get for getting to the top of a social group or for getting an extra trait or other benefit of being in a group.
    edited June 2013
    ShanaJada wrote:
    I don't know if you're open to mods, but there is a mod which simply slows down the social group influence gain. It hasn't been completely tested, and it does conflict with any other skill mods.
    I'll happily link it to you if you don't mind using it! :)

That would be great. Please post the link.
  • ShanaJadaShanaJada Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2013
    So sorry for the late reply! :oops:
    Here you <a href="http://simsl3gacies.com/?p=3666&quot; target="_blank">go!</a>
    edited June 2013
    ShanaJada wrote:
    So sorry for the late reply! :oops:
    Here you <a href="http://simsl3gacies.com/?p=3666&quot; target="_blank">go!</a>

Thank you so much!
  • sugarplumkittehsugarplumkitteh Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2013
    OMG I know right! I had Late night uninstalled until supernatural came out with that "population control" option but now I'm super annoyed with these social groups. I absolutely hate them... it's exactly like the celebrity rating system (anyone can be a jock/nerd/rebel instantly)I've had to rely on 3rd party mods... Hopefully EA doesn't make the same mistake with Sims 4.
  • Yeazzel98Yeazzel98 Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    Hate to add on to a somewhat old forum but,

yes I totally agree my Sims keep getting nerd and jock status I hope that mod mentioned works for me. EA should release an official way to remove the status. They did release an update to remove celebrity levels as well as add it with testing cheats.

Please if anyone from EA or with association to EA is reading this don't let such a thing happen in Sims 4 without a way to stop or remove it.
  • TaikaJamppaTaikaJamppa Posts: 14 New Member
    I hate both celebrity status and social groups, only some times using them - and surprisingly have had little to no trouble with SG to date. Celebrity system, then again, I keep opted out usually.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    I will be closing this from here to limit further necroing :) If you'd like to know more on the Forum Guidelines or the necro posting rule in particular I've hyperlinked some informative threads.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top