Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Sick and Tired of the Lack of Rock and Metal

124...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Just turn the music off in game, keep the voices on and listen to your favourite music on the radio then.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Coming from someone that doesn't even listen to the genre often, I agree. We do need more diversity in the music. In the Sims 3, I really enjoyed the R&B station and the "Dark Wave" (or whatever it was called) station in TS3. I'd like to see those return.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2018

Well I love MCR, so I'd be trilled if they came back for ts4.

I'd also be super excited if they had Muse do a rerecording!!!

• EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city, to see a marching band. He said son, "always respect everyone on the forums, regardless of if you agree with them or not".

My Chemical Romance references aside, let's keep it polite and respectful. Carry on.

giphy.gif
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited July 2018
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    My question is, why is it not possible for them to re-use their older songs from the series? (1 through 3) It's their IP, right? or does this have something to do with Copyright?

Probably the contract or something; it might have specified the simlish cover would be used for that specific game only. That would be my guess.

It likely isn't saying anything about what the fans do to it however, so honestly I'd just love to import all the music we had from previous games onto Sims 4 radio stations. I wish there was an easy way to grab the files.

Overall, we do need some more musical diversity. Rock is kind of an important genre too? I'd also love to be able to start a band or something; a game pack dedicated to all this stuff would be pretty neat.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    The Sims 4 kind of has idiotic naming conventions for the stations and in general just dumb no matter what really.
    Tween especially seemed kind of like an unneeded addition considering they're lacking so many normal ones.
    I'd like to Rock added finally and stations from TS2 which were actually good. That or can we just implement custom stations like in TS2.
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    I haven't got all the packs yet. So, I don't know what is all in store for Get Famous. But, it seems to center around acting. Well, I was thinking, I wish they had a music focused Pack, where we could have concert venues and Sims can form bands, like they used to in Sims 3. I don't know why they stopped doing that in Sims 4. I would like to see that return and I would like to hear more music variety added for singing and listening to. Rock, Metal, Motown, 60s & 70s hippie music, folk songs. Variety is the spice of life.

I don't know if old folks are running the show. But, it seems they don't like rock music or metal. We don't even have an electric guitar that sounds like an electric guitar. I think in Sims 3 we had drums. I'm reflecting on a couple of Twisted Sister moments right about now. Pink Floyd is also coming to mind. Did we learn nothing from School of Rock? Rock appreciation anyone?