Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 2
It is possible to make some lovely worlds and I remember doing it myself when both were new. Very enjoyable and both SimCity4 base game and Rush Hour together for under £10 in Origin. There's a tutorial here.

http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes2/sims2/sims2info/tutorials/neighbourhoods/sc4/sc4terrain.html

PS: Did you know that Origin have added "Cities Skylines" to Origin Access (or buy for £22) I hope it doesn't mean that EA are hoping to take over Paradox.
Post edited by Simburian on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    What? How can Origin sell Cities Skylines unless EA bought them out? nooooooo......please, no. :'(

That's an excellent price on both of the Maxis games, but unfortunatly I no longer have Origin installed and won't reinstall it. I've been looking around for SC4 so I can build some hoods myself, because some I downloaded recently are bad with beach lot fronts, and not built correctly.

Thank you for sharing the tutorial this will be helpful!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Cinebar You can find it on Steam for £9.99 (uk). I also managed to find the whole of the guide book as an e-book or .pdf somewhere but cannot now remember where.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/24780/

This is the most useful page as there are tips on how to play it on modern machines etc....
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks for the info about Steam!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

Yes, I sure did and do. Not so much but when I feel the need for a new map I'll make one. :mrgreen:
  • simsterlyrocksimsterlyrock Posts: 28 Member
    I made one yeeeeears ago, but I don't remember if I ever actually used it in game. I just know I was messing around with SC4 and thought it would be kind of fun to create a series of terrains that connected that I could use for my main 'hood and all the subhoods.