Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Large FPS Drops

Hi Guys,

Me again! You've all been so helpful in recommending laptops in the past, and advice on issues previously - so one more question from me really, if i may (without hopefully being too much of a pain....)

I understand that there are FPS drops in the game, and generally mine runs rather well - however - every now and then the FPS will drop from around 55 - 60 all the way down to 15-20 which causes a horrible stutter/judder (even when i just leave the camera idle....) it happens every 20 - 30 seconds regardless of lot size, weather or neighborhood/world.

I've tried a lot of methods; reducing the resolution, reducing the graphics, repairing the game, reinstalling the game, trying a new save, moving the tray folder, removing (my small amount) of CC, Nvidia Control Panel is set to use the NVidia Card, and I've tried both Vysnc on and off, as well as playing in Windowed mode (which actually made it worse) - laptop mode also experienced the same FPS drops.

Drivers are up to date as well, origin in game is off, as is geforce experience and the game bar thing on Windows 10 (i even turn the internet off whilst playing) and the online features option is off within the game too..... power plans are also on for maximum performance.

Sorry for the long post - but tried lots of things and it's just frustrating :/ any ideas/recommendations would be great! :smile:

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Jakey664 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Me again! You've all been so helpful in recommending laptops in the past, and advice on issues previously - so one more question from me really, if i may (without hopefully being too much of a pain....)

I understand that there are FPS drops in the game, and generally mine runs rather well - however - every now and then the FPS will drop from around 55 - 60 all the way down to 15-20 which causes a horrible stutter/judder (even when i just leave the camera idle....) it happens every 20 - 30 seconds regardless of lot size, weather or neighborhood/world.

I've tried a lot of methods; reducing the resolution, reducing the graphics, repairing the game, reinstalling the game, trying a new save, moving the tray folder, removing (my small amount) of CC, Nvidia Control Panel is set to use the NVidia Card, and I've tried both Vysnc on and off, as well as playing in Windowed mode (which actually made it worse) - laptop mode also experienced the same FPS drops.

Drivers are up to date as well, origin in game is off, as is geforce experience and the game bar thing on Windows 10 (i even turn the internet off whilst playing) and the online features option is off within the game too..... power plans are also on for maximum performance.

Sorry for the long post - but tried lots of things and it's just frustrating :/ any ideas/recommendations would be great! :smile:

If possible post your specs, video card, ram, etc or an diag report.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen