Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the devs : first things to think about for TS5 to not mess up the game.

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
I already put it in off topic cause I know in any case it'll end up in off topic. Thank's to let this thread on the topic.
I really really want to be able to enjoy TS5 when it'll come up. So there's base things of a simulation game to not mess up with.

Traits
Traits have to be significant. There should be unique animations for certain traits. Sims with traits that are not compatible should have more difficulties to get along together.

Emotions
If there's emotions in TS5 it just should be a lot subdued. And the emotion happy shouldn't be the ''base'' emotion. And it should impact the gameplay in the right way. A sim who's sad won't laugh two second after cuz the clothes are warm.

Relations
In real life enemies don't laugh together. A sim who's married shouldn't be easy to seduce. There should be coherent situations, realtions between sims. Sims from the same family should console a member when he is sad, angry etc. We want natural behaviours.

Challenge
One of the most important feature! The game has to be a way more challenging to hold the player captivated. Sims shouldn't be successful in all domains. A sim who sucks for cooking can't reach the level 10 of this skill. There should be more ways to be fired. And sims should be aware that they are in difficulty, when they don't have enough money to pay the bills they should be worried.

Simulation
It's really important. When they are in front of the death, even if they don't know the sim they have to be disturbed. In real life when we see someone die we are shocked, so in the game too. When there's fire the game should automatically cancel the action the sim is doing and the sim should react to the fire. Basically, sims should react when something unusual happens.

NPC's
Burglars, firefighters, social worker, housemaid ect. I shouldn't even have to mention it.

Cars, Toddlers, Pools, Basements (all the tools)
I shouldn't have to mention it too.

With all of this, it's a great base to continue to build the game. I really hope it will be useful and I hope we'll all be happy and have The Sims game that we all wanted.
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments