Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What fact(s) did you learn that surprised you?

I learned that the Nike Slogan was taken from the last words of a killer before he was executed. That still creeps me out.

Comments

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    The human brain registers rejection similarly to physical pain.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Given 23 people, there is a 50% chance that there are two people who share a birthday.

I did the math and it checks out
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited July 2018
    If you are a redhead, there's a 1 in 9 chance you will have a redheaded child.

12% of the world is left-handed.

Ron Jeremy used to be a special ed teacher.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Marcus Flex from Partihaus has been an Adult this whole time. I had no idea.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Hair and rattlesnake rattles are made from the same material (keratin).
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

WUT I THOUGHT HE WAS A YOUNG ADULT
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!

Me too I was so shook when I found out! Same thing with Baako Jang.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Dr. Seuss cheated on his wife while she had cancer. She killed herself because she couldn't bear a life without him, then he married his mistress.
    1500x500.jpg
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    edited July 2018
    the monopoly man never had a monocle. i mean, come on. stinkin' mandela effect.
    MPy9H9S.gif

Me too I was so shook when I found out! Same thing with Baako Jang.

I actually knew because my sim was in Powerhouse and it showed his age as "Adult".
    Dr. Seuss cheated on his wife while she had cancer. She killed herself because she couldn't bear a life without him, then he married his mistress.

That's just sad :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited July 2018
    I was very surprised to learn that fancy cap and gown graduations are such a big deal in US highschools.
    You don't get that sort of thing here unless you graduate uni.

I was also very surprised that electric kettles aren't common in the US.

Come to think of it, most things that surprise me are related to the US doing things weirdly compared to the rest of the west. I really shouldn't be surprised, but outwardly, the US seems so much like other English speaking countries, so one gets lulled into a false sense of familiarity, then BAM!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    There is a breakfast cereal café in London called the Cereal Killer Café.
  • aMemeAddictaMemeAddict Posts: 128 Member
    That if I or a loved one was to be diagnosed with Mesothelioma I may too be entitled to financial compensation :(
    1500x500
  • SmoochsSmoochs Posts: 168 Member
    This is gonna sound stupid as heck, but...........I learned that Elton John is gay...

My mum was trying to make me guess who was singing a song cause I recognized the voice (the song is Levon). She started giving me hints: She sung Tiny Dancer, told me he's British, said he was gay...I still couldn't get it, so I gave up and asked her who it was.

She says Elton John.

I sat up so quick and screamed, "Elton John's gay!?".

For all these years of loving his music, and I had no absolute clue he was gay. I feel duuuuuumb...

You are loved!
    Smoochs wrote: »
    This is gonna sound stupid as heck, but...........I learned that Elton John is gay...

My mum was trying to make me guess who was singing a song cause I recognized the voice (the song is Levon). She started giving me hints: She sung Tiny Dancer, told me he's British, said he was gay...I still couldn't get it, so I gave up and asked her who it was.

She says Elton John.

I sat up so quick and screamed, "Elton John's gay!?".

For all these years of loving his music, and I had no absolute clue he was gay. I feel duuuuuumb...

:D

We all have our blind spots. He's been out for quite a few decades, since the 70's if memory serves

• PinkFlyingPastaPinkFlyingPasta Posts: 303 Member

It was only a few years ago that I learned Ricky Martin was gay and I was floored
    A game of Tag is an acronym for ‘touch and go.’
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2018
    East Asians and Native Americans are more likely to have the dry type of cerumen

I'm not mixed race. I formerly thought everyone has wet cerumen.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    Women needed their husband's permission to have bank accounts in the 70's here in my country
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • ArmortyArmorty Posts: 547 Member
    Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.