This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Money Trees?

So are Money Trees actually something you can purchase with Aspiration points or is that a prank of some kind? I can't find them anywhere in the reward store.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 5,028 Member
    It costs 5,000 satisfaction points, so it is in the bottom part if you have Seasons expansion pack.
    Because the money tree isn't a potion or trait, you must choose All category in the rewards store.
    Keep searching (if you have Seasons expansion pack)! The icon for it is a tree and is located near need-slowing traits (like Hardly Hungry).
  • Options
    Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    Thanks, I found it looks like a specific mod has been hiding a whole lot of changes to the reward list. :S
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,447 Member
    You can actually buy a money tree by using the bb.showhiddenobjects, and it will only cost your sim 20 semolians.
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i just discovered that if you put the money tree in your inventory you get 7 seeds that each sell for $8,000! You can make way more money by doing this everytime it's ready.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm loving the fact that we have money trees in the game as well as lottery day but I'll have to contain myself and not make everyone stinking rich!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,795 Member
    Sounds fun, and I think I used the money tree when the game was new. I had forgotten all about it, or maybe I'm thinking of TS3. Anyway, most of my families are poor or average, so I don't feel like giving them too easy money. Had it been a reward in a career, ie Criminal, I'd felt differently about it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

#LaBlue0314
    Does a person have to have Seasons to buy money tree if you use "bb.showhiddenobjects"?
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options

#LaBlue0314
    Does a person have to have Seasons to buy money tree if you use "bb.showhiddenobjects"?

No. Seasons expansion pack is required.
  • Options
    mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
    Jaelk01 wrote: »
    Thanks, I found it looks like a specific mod has been hiding a whole lot of changes to the reward list. :S

What mod? Bc it seems like I have the same issue... :/ rewards stop at 4000, even though my sim has 7k+
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Another way to make money but planting trees and veg, fruit, let them grow, evolve and sell the fruit and veg than harvest them. Sims can earn a tidy sum. If you have season's add patchy the scarecrow and he will do the gardening, all sims have to do is sell the produce.
  • Options
    I recently earned the money tree by cranking my sim's points up to 5000. It was so satisfying.
  • Options
    jeanniezzezjeanniezzez Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't find money trees in the reward store too. I have already season pack. How to fix that?
  • Options
    I can't find money trees in the reward store too. I have already season pack. How to fix that?

Do you have the new traits?
    If yes, scroll down. It costs 5,000 satisfication points. There is one reward with tree icon called money tree.
    If not, remove all the mods and CC, right-click on the game in Origin and choose Repair Game. Wait for sometime and see if you see it now.
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    It's become WAY too easy to make money in this game, lol.
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited November 2018
    I bought the money tree for my sim with her aspiration points because I wanted money to live in the big house in the new neighborhood, lol. It hasn’t grown yet but hopefully soon.
  • Options
    I now do this with all my sims - save their whim points up, purchase the money tree, plant it and as soon as it's fully grown, put it in the household inventory to get three extra seeds, plant the extra seeds and retire!
  • Options
    I bought the money tree for my sim with her aspiration points because I wanted money to live in the big house in the new neighborhood, lol. It hasn’t grown yet but hopefully soon.

@roflmaoxsarah The tree takes approximately a week to grow.
  • Options
    krystalisboordkrystalisboord Posts: 2 New Member
    > @mzabs said:
    > Jaelk01 wrote: »
    >
    > Thanks, I found it looks like a specific mod has been hiding a whole lot of changes to the reward list. :S
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What mod? Bc it seems like I have the same issue... :/ rewards stop at 4000, even though my sim has 7k+

I am too. Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you ever figure out what mod?
  • Options
    krystalisboordkrystalisboord Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Jaelk01 said:
    > Thanks, I found it looks like a specific mod has been hiding a whole lot of changes to the reward list. :S

What mod is it?
  • Options
    palm3r2000palm3r2000 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have found that there is a mod that makes the rewards cheaper, I can't remember the name, that has not been updated in quite some time that is causing conflicts with new rewards. There are a few that I've found on MTS that have been updated and the rewards show up. Sorry, can't remember mod names but I'm not in front of my computer right now to look.
  • Options
    BumbledashBumbledash Posts: 45 Member
    I've had some problems with the money tree?
    I've had one for about 2 weeks now and it still won't produce any fruit. It's a full entire tree, it's in the blossoming stage, but it still won't produce fruit?
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Money tree sort of breaks the game for me. Just effortless cash and makes it the game too easy. At least in TS3 it only lasted for a short while.
  • Options
    BumbledashBumbledash Posts: 45 Member
    I found out my problem :)
    Buying it in build mode using cheats doesn't work.
    It was worth a try lol,,,