Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

there is hope for babies in sims 4

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’m torn between elders and babies so I haven’t voted yet.

One one hand I’d really love to see more interactions with babies. I play on long life and I hate aging up early so I have 7 sim days of baby and it gets really boring. Even if they had to keep them “tied” to an object they could add other objects the baby could be brought to, like a changing table, a little baby seat (that bounces and has little toys the baby can grasp) that can be set on the counter while Mom cooks dinner or on the living room floor while the family sits around, a floor mat/blanket that the baby can be laid on. Which would allow toddlers and children to play with the baby. That type of thing, also the ability to dress the baby in various outfits would
    Be really cute. If they update babies they should also really give us the option to throw a baby shower for our pregnant sims, with a special cake that can be ordered to reveal the gender. (or not if you don’t wanna know)

I also have been dying to have better elders in the game. I want more hairs and clothes, I want to see them sitting in the rocking chair, reading or knitting, or telling old stories while the grandkids gather round. I know we already have woodworking and baking, but they could add new classic baking recipies and new things to make on the wood bench. I want them to become delighted upon meeting a new grandbaby. I want to see the grandparents mentor their grandkids and the grandkids learn even faster. I want them to be able to babysit, and the option to choose to spoil the grandkids or be more strict like parents so the relationships can vary like in parenthood.

So torn.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Shorter teens all the way! They look exactly like young adults and adult sims and I don't wanna use my imagination anymore!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    See, that's the problem. Babies only last three days before they age up. All the good baby stuff is a part of toddlers anyway. So what could be done with babies? Different blanket colors? Rocking the baby to sleep (if we ever get rocking chairs and rocking)? Adding a changing table to change the baby on? One of those small floor pads that have that arch thingy over it with dangling thingies dangling for the baby to play with? Or maybe, while on the floor pad, the baby rolls over and Mommy and Daddy celebrate the accomplishment. Huzzah! Or one of those ugly flowers on a head band that people seem to love to put on their babies bald brain box? Bring back babies burping? Big black rubber baby buggy bumpers.........sorry.

Depends on the players game. I keep my sims babies around much longer as I play with aging off. In fact never in the Sims other than Sims 1 have I played with infants just 3 days. It is one of the reasons I want infants to offer much more than they do now. I don't get that desire to have infants 3 days, then poof walking around. That is not the way real infants are. They need stages just like real infant - where we celebrate the changes and enjoy each stage of the infant stage. The first time they turn over by them selves - the first time they say mama or dada. Their first real smile. So many first you miss that actually matter to parents by just having them 3 days. Right now they just lay there and do little - that is not like a real baby. In real life they go through amazing changes over their first year of life - and parents record every single thing they do like it was the greatest thing ever. I guess unless you have had kids yourself you can't get that - but many simmers are parents and have cherished all those stages. Oh the joy when your tiny little person can sit up - when they see something funny and actually recognize it as funny and giggles wildly over it. You just have no idea how amazing these moment are when the programming isn't there and you just speed through your infants first stage as something unimportant. My point - it should be there. It brings parents so much joy. I guess you would have to be a parent to understand -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2018
    "Depends on the player's game." @Writin_Reg, exactly.

No single one of us utilizes the game exactly like the other. The 3-day argument is an invalid assumption.
    I
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    "Depends on the player's game." @Writin_Reg, exactly.

No single one of us utilizes the game exactly like the other. The 3-day argument is an invalid assumption.
    I

Yeah, I always have aging off in all of the games, and I make my babies (in Sims 2 and Sims 3) stay as babies for waaaay more than three days. I loved those babies that much.

Sims 4 babies annoy me with their being tied up to bassinets similar to Sims 1 babies, so I age those in a blink of an eye. If they can improve them, I would play with them much longer.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think when a sim ages up to an elder they should be forced to choose a negative trait like grumpy (will complain a lot and be upset if they don’t complain), bad back (has to sit down or lie down a lot more), light sleeper (sleeps like 5-6 hours and wakes up easily), lonely (needs company more often, social needs decay faster), naggy (needs to nag or will get tense), gossip (has to gossip or gets tense), thirsty (needs to drink a lot of juice), forgetful (constantly forgets tasks so the player might have to queue a few times) etc...

The only way to get out of picking a negative trait is if you achieve at least one aspiration before the sims grows old. Gives you a reason to actually do the aspiration
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I think when a sim ages up to an elder they should be forced to choose a negative trait like grumpy (will complain a lot and be upset if they don’t complain), bad back (has to sit down or lie down a lot more), light sleeper (sleeps like 5-6 hours and wakes up easily), lonely (needs company more often, social needs decay faster), naggy (needs to nag or will get tense), gossip (has to gossip or gets tense), thirsty (needs to drink a lot of juice), forgetful (constantly forgets tasks so the player might have to queue a few times) etc...

The only way to get out of picking a negative trait is if you achieve at least one aspiration before the sims grows old. Gives you a reason to actually do the aspiration

I like that a lot @agent_bev
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member

Whole-heartedly agreed with all of this.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

What a great idea @SimGuruGraham !
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I vote for all of the above. It will take a while for sure but I hope it will be worth it.

This. My vote is for "all of the above". However, if I'm forced to choose only one, because that's where we're being led right now, I have to choose babies. Babies are the only life state that is not a life state at all.

Things I would like to see:

- The ability to dress babies.
    - Babies with hair, eyes, and skin tones that reflect the parental DNA.
    - Babies that can be carried, rocked, sung to, breast fed while seated, and played with in an adult's lap.
    - Babies that eventually raise their heads, roll over and react to familiar faces.
    - Babies who are soothed by other people, or music and other babies who are soothed and entertained by the television. It's up to the parents to figure out which one.
    - Baby seats that can be set on the floor, on tables, or on washing machines/dryers (to help the baby to fall asleep).
    - Bouncy chairs.
    - Swings.
    - Interactions with all other life states, including pets.
    - Babies that actively reach out and latch onto the fingers of other Sims. Teething babies (about to age up) can bite!
    - Babies that coo to themselves, suck their entire fist, and investigate their own toes
    - Babies who react to mobiles and lamps that slowly strobe lights on the ceilings and walls
    - During labor, parents can put out the call for relatives and friends to attend. If it's a home birth, they show up at the house. If not, they come to the hospital with balloons and flowers. (Mad props to the devs if Sims who don't like each other get into a fight in the waiting room. :D )
    - Interactions for expectant parents to tell the grandparents the good (or bad) news.
    - Baby showers/gender reveals. The latter is a very trendy thing; EA seems to like that kind of stuff.
    - A fully kitted out nursery with crib, changing table (including a baby tub), mobiles, baby lamps, play mats, crib toys like they had in TS3. Diaper pails that parents actually use, not just for show. Bottle warmers.
    - Babies that need to be burped after meals or the parents will have a rough night
    - Babies with personality, some easy going, others nervous and fretful, others that are independent and don't care for too much coddling. Bump all that rocking, singing, and stuff. Those kids want to be put down and left alone so that they can sleep in peace!
    - Babies will never be left unattended on the floor. When someone puts the baby down, it must always be in an acceptable location: the baby seat, middle of the bed, crib, play mat, swing, bouncy chair, sofa, etc.
    - Interactions where children will be introduced to the baby, allowed to hold them, and help to feed and change them.
    - When the baby is on the floor, a gentle pet will come and lay down beside them. If they're in the crib, the pet can try to peer in at them.
    - Parents can raise a touchy baby who hates all kinds of noise and any disturbances. Or, they can raise a kid that is used to the bustle of family life and can basically sleep through WW III.

This is all just off the top of my head. There is so much that can be done with babies.

Not all of us play on the shortest life span. Those of us who enjoy extended life spans, or aging off, will be able to take advantage of all of the fun and surprises that come with a baby in the house and not just an object that looks like a baby. For those who don't care about any of this stuff, it can be business as usual -- age the baby up as soon as possible. They would never have to be subjected to any of it.

Woww this sounds amazing i would pay for this please devs make all of this happen
    I vote for all of the above. It will take a while for sure but I hope it will be worth it.

This. My vote is for "all of the above". However, if I'm forced to choose only one, because that's where we're being led right now, I have to choose babies. Babies are the only life state that is not a life state at all.

Things I would like to see:

- The ability to dress babies.
    - Babies with hair, eyes, and skin tones that reflect the parental DNA.
    - Babies that can be carried, rocked, sung to, breast fed while seated, and played with in an adult's lap.
    - Babies that eventually raise their heads, roll over and react to familiar faces.
    - Babies who are soothed by other people, or music and other babies who are soothed and entertained by the television. It's up to the parents to figure out which one.
    - Baby seats that can be set on the floor, on tables, or on washing machines/dryers (to help the baby to fall asleep).
    - Bouncy chairs.
    - Swings.
    - Interactions with all other life states, including pets.
    - Babies that actively reach out and latch onto the fingers of other Sims. Teething babies (about to age up) can bite!
    - Babies that coo to themselves, suck their entire fist, and investigate their own toes
    - Babies who react to mobiles and lamps that slowly strobe lights on the ceilings and walls
    - During labor, parents can put out the call for relatives and friends to attend. If it's a home birth, they show up at the house. If not, they come to the hospital with balloons and flowers. (Mad props to the devs if Sims who don't like each other get into a fight in the waiting room. :D )
    - Interactions for expectant parents to tell the grandparents the good (or bad) news.
    - Baby showers/gender reveals. The latter is a very trendy thing; EA seems to like that kind of stuff.
    - A fully kitted out nursery with crib, changing table (including a baby tub), mobiles, baby lamps, play mats, crib toys like they had in TS3. Diaper pails that parents actually use, not just for show. Bottle warmers.
    - Babies that need to be burped after meals or the parents will have a rough night
    - Babies with personality, some easy going, others nervous and fretful, others that are independent and don't care for too much coddling. Bump all that rocking, singing, and stuff. Those kids want to be put down and left alone so that they can sleep in peace!
    - Babies will never be left unattended on the floor. When someone puts the baby down, it must always be in an acceptable location: the baby seat, middle of the bed, crib, play mat, swing, bouncy chair, sofa, etc.
    - Interactions where children will be introduced to the baby, allowed to hold them, and help to feed and change them.
    - When the baby is on the floor, a gentle pet will come and lay down beside them. If they're in the crib, the pet can try to peer in at them.
    - Parents can raise a touchy baby who hates all kinds of noise and any disturbances. Or, they can raise a kid that is used to the bustle of family life and can basically sleep through WW III.

This is all just off the top of my head. There is so much that can be done with babies.

Not all of us play on the shortest life span. Those of us who enjoy extended life spans, or aging off, will be able to take advantage of all of the fun and surprises that come with a baby in the house and not just an object that looks like a baby. For those who don't care about any of this stuff, it can be business as usual -- age the baby up as soon as possible. They would never have to be subjected to any of it.

Woww this sounds amazing i would pay for this please devs make all of this happen

yes please
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    i wish they just did a generations pack to. that way all ages get something.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »
    i wish they just did a generations pack to. that way all ages get something.

me to
    they should bring back peekaboo and tickling
    and nursery rhymes as well as changing tables and play pens for the builders who want to make lovely nurseries
    more paint for nurseries as well as new shelves
    and hats and booties for babies and I think our sims should be able to sing babies to sleep
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    they should bring back peekaboo and tickling
    and nursery rhymes as well as changing tables and play pens for the builders who want to make lovely nurseries
    more paint for nurseries as well as new shelves
    and hats and booties for babies and I think our sims should be able to sing babies to sleep

agree B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member

What a great idea @SimGuruGraham !

Yes, I like that idea too. I usually leave my elders to do their own thing as I get bored of them.
    Also I think teens should be more like teens and not YA.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    i just wish you could take babies around instead of them being jailed in there crib

That part... with a stroller. And I miss that baby swing.
    WbUrFQm.png
    there needs to be swing for toddlers to
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I would like a change table that functions, a rocking chair and for the SIMs to evacuate with the baby if there is s fire. Even if the rocking chair and change table have to be with in a great area of the bassinet that would still be nice . Who leaves their baby in the house if there’s a fire?
    I would like a change table that functions, a rocking chair and for the SIMs to evacuate with the baby if there is s fire. Even if the rocking chair and change table have to be with in a great area of the bassinet that would still be nice . Who leaves their baby in the house if there’s a fire?

good point @JojoMOMSTER
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Honestly, babies are fine how they are imo, but really.. After about 4 years of sentencing them to their bassinets, it's time to put them on release.
  • paristafreezeparistafreeze Posts: 9 New Member
    Would love to see more personalization options for babies. Also wouldn't mind seeing cribs added to the game.
  • AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    Would love to see more personalization options for babies. Also wouldn't mind seeing cribs added to the game.

I agree, I don't like how the babies have just 2 outfits.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • simsdelamodesimsdelamode Posts: 33 Member
    Yes! Babies. I don't have the best experience with them playing the game. It makes me miserable. How cool would it to be to have strollers or more interaction. They're just objects and it's sad.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    [quote="samlyt22;c-16488362"]I used to really enjoy babies in TS2 but I'm never really bothered about them in TS4. The crazy thing is in going back to TS2, I realised the babies there can't actually do much, there isn't much to them, it's just simple things that make them well done. I want babies free from the bassinet, the ability to leave the house with them would be amazing. Family days at the park with baby in a stroller, family vacations without abandoning the baby, living above a retail shop without being the worlds worst parent when baby lives in a different house. I want changing tables, rocking chairs and play mats. I want to multitask while holding the baby rather than just leaving the baby upstairs alone all the time. I want to wash the baby in the sink or a baby bath. I want cribs and an actual choice of them at that. As for developmental milestones, you could always have early ones such as learning to roll over, learning to sit and learning to hold a bottle to feed themselves. In real life a baby is an expensive and time consuming addition to the family, in the game I barely notice they're there and I want that to change. I also think a baby should have some sort of hidden trait that makes them act differently. A fussy baby that cries a lot, a content baby that is easier to look after, a baby that always cries when put down, a baby that constantly wants to be fed. Babies could be so much better than they are right now. [/quote]

I really like this. This way, they're still young, like maybe look like 6 months tops, but they can do more and feel more a part of the family. The baby lifestage is my least favorite, because it's not really a lifestage.
    I'm fine with them not having the ability to walk or things like that, but it would be really nice to be able to do a few more things with them so that they actually feel like a part of the family.
    That being said, I think that elders is the stage that I want to see changed the most. There are definitely changes that I want to see in teenagers and newborns, but elders is my top priority.