Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Hey all.

I just uploaded the newest chapter to my blogger account if anyone here is interested in reading. I am working on getting my second generation heir's Affordable Family Housing Neighborhood built as per the #BuildNewcrest Legacy Rules and I just couldn't do it without a good contractor, as such this chapter features @LegacySims2017's Dylan Wahl from his House of Pancakes series. [Thanks so much for loaning him to me!]

2.16 New Avenues

Check it out if you have time. :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hey all.

I just uploaded the newest chapter to my blogger account if anyone here is interested in reading. I am working on getting my second generation heir's Affordable Family Housing Neighborhood built as per the #BuildNewcrest Legacy Rules and I just couldn't do it without a good contractor, as such this chapter features @LegacySims2017's Dylan Wahl from his House of Pancakes series. [Thanks so much for loaning him to me!]

2.16 New Avenues

Check it out if you have time. :)

@TheAemaSimming Really good!! I don't use NewCrest for anything but sets (and now 2 houses) in the Swanson Legacy story.

But you might want to check before you post the next chapter that your picture doesn't cut off words. You have several chapters where that happens.
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Happy timezones everyone, I've been so busy and then got sick that I haven't been around a lot. I miss you all! How are things going for people?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    adrian cracks me up.

he got invited to alec house so i sent him. but his bladder was in the yellow zone. so instead of knocking on the door and saying i want to hang out but i need to pee first he goes all the way back home. alec is in windaberg i think adrien lives in willow creek so alecs bathroom would have been closer.
    Happy timezones everyone, I've been so busy and then got sick that I haven't been around a lot. I miss you all! How are things going for people?

nuts. i had two medical appointments and work was nuts all weekend but its monday and i get to play.
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited July 2018

@BlackUndecimber Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better.

As for me things are going well enough. I've just been chipping away at my current story/blog plans.
    @MadameLee Thanks...I'm not sure what you mean by picture cutting off though. It appears fine on my devices when I view it not in editing mode...
    edited July 2018
    @MadameLee Thanks...I'm not sure what you mean by picture cutting off though. It appears fine on my devices when I view it not in editing mode...

@TheAemaSimming It not so much cutting off but the picture seems to be in the middle of the sentence making it very difficult to read

here's what I mean on your blog (I used Print Screen and then Paint)
    ThHbG3H.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

Good. Bugsie tried to kill me. He moved and freaked me out. :lol:
    MadameLee wrote: »

@TheAemaSimming It not so much cutting off but the picture seems to be in the middle of the sentence making it very difficult to read

ThHbG3H.png

Wow.... it doesn't show up like that on any screen I've viewed it on... maybe I need to add more spacing?

ThHbG3H.png

Wow.... it doesn't show up like that on any screen I've viewed it on... maybe I need to add more spacing?

Yeah more spacing might help-I just tested it using a piece from my non-Legacy story.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

ThHbG3H.png

This will depend on monitor size and picture alignment--it's an issue that shows up with WordPress, too.

What I do to avoid it is to have the images center aligned above the image. Right or left alignment can cause that issue of not enough space on either side for the text to display correctly.

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea I have changed with my Swanson Legacy haven't I? At the beginning I was kind of concered about having a (main?) character wear a Hijab item but now..I have two main characters wearing it-for a better reason (?) then why I wanted the other main character.
    6adMCGP.gif

nuts. i had two medical appointments and work was nuts all weekend but its monday and i get to play.

Yeah... I can relate to that xD Life is nuts.

@BlackUndecimber Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better.

As for me things are going well enough. I've just been chipping away at my current story/blog plans.

Thanks! I feel much better now :) I'm so behind on everyone's stories! I think I'll have a catching-up weekend.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Good. Bugsie tried to kill me. He moved and freaked me out. :lol:

So I'm not the only one with the murder bunny huh xD
    CathyTea wrote: »

ThHbG3H.png

This will depend on monitor size and picture alignment--it's an issue that shows up with WordPress, too.

What I do to avoid it is to have the images center aligned above the image. Right or left alignment can cause that issue of not enough space on either side for the text to display correctly.

@CathyTea I had thought I had all my images centered. Guess I'll need to really make sure they really are. Good to know it's not exclusively a me problem though.
    I'm really lacking in experience aren't I?

Never had food (hot dog,etc) from a food stand, never had Ice cream from an ice cream truck, and I never got pop from a vending machine (which reminds me I need to write that short story I had last week)
    6adMCGP.gif
    Yeah... I can relate to that xD Life is nuts.

i know but then i feel guilty because when i'm stressed i do more writing /playing than reading.
    @simscognito the shared grandson of your simself and my simself married a grandchild of @CitizenErased14 's simself. Well the Shared granddaughter married the grandson of Snow White.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @simscognito the shared grandson of your simself and my simself married a grandchild of @CitizenErased14 's simself. Well the Shared granddaughter married the grandson of Snow White.

lets see if i'm following right. still tired from yesterday. you and cog have a child who married amandas grandchild . amanda is citizen real name.

lets see if i'm following right. still tired from yesterday. you and cog have a child who married amandas grandchild . amanda is citizen real name.

@friendsfan367 No Simscog had children from many characters (ie Alice's older sister, Cinderella's stepsister, Drizella, Cruella Deville, Mad Madame Mim, Lilo's older sister and Edward's Step-mother Enchanted 2007). One of simself and her husband (Arthur from The Sword in the Stone) child (aka son) married the daughter of Cruella Deville and had 2 children hence the "shared" grandchildren. The grandson from that reunion got together with the granddaughter of Citizen's.
    6adMCGP.gif

@friendsfan367 No Simscog had children from many characters (ie Alice's older sister, Cinderella's stepsister, Drizella, Cruella Deville, Mad Madame Mim, Lilo's older sister and Edward's Step-mother Enchanted 2007). One of simself and her husband (Arthur from The Sword in the Stone) child (aka son) married the daughter of Cruella Deville and had 2 children hence the "shared" grandchildren. The grandson from that reunion got together with the granddaughter of Citizen's.

Wow, how do you keep track of so many characters??
    edited July 2018

Wow, how do you keep track of so many characters??

@BlackUndecimber @ThePlumbob 's familytree app her boyfriend(?) @ThePlumtree created. you can find the link here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896868/the-plum-tree-family-tree-tool/p1

@CathyTea two of your grandsons married the Phillips from Enchanted's granddaughters. Guess they're going to be double cousins 2nd cousins there.
    6adMCGP.gif

i'm still tired it might make more sense tomorrow.

cog gets around. that much i understand. its just been hot here so hot and tired don't mix well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top