Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems installing store content

Hi,

I apologise if this is answered somewhere else. I have had a look but if I missed it please just point me in the right direction. I am having a problem installing my store content. I am installing it on a new(ish) laptop for the first time. I have had the game installed for a few weeks and it's been playing fine but I've only just had time to go through and start downloading all of the store stuff. When I try to install a larger file such as a world (e.g. midnight hollow) I get a message that reads Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again. I am running patch 1.69 having downloaded the game and expansions through Origin. I am not sure what updates I could be missing. Does anyone have any idea?

As some background I have already tried re downloading the relevant content, restarting the launcher, restarting the computer, and creating a new Sims 3 folder by renaming the old one and as man combinations of the above that I can think of. If anyone has any thoughts on what could be gong wrong I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Astro

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2018
    Karritz wrote: »
    Did you get this resolved yet?

Yeah they did I noticed that they had also posted over at Nraas about this issue turns out it was something broken in Windows http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/83674461
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Wow! I would have suggested looking in the contentPatch folder to see if the contentPatch.package file was 7,976 kb in size to know that the latest STORE patch was installed (since that wasn't specifically addressed), but maybe that isn't needed any more if you are on patch 1.69 and tied to Origin.

That's a great link though and I'm glad it solved it the problem.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2018
    ciane wrote: »
    Wow! I would have suggested looking in the contentPatch folder to see if the contentPatch.package file was 7,976 kb in size to know that the latest STORE patch was installed (since that wasn't specifically addressed), but maybe that isn't needed any more if you are on patch 1.69 and tied to Origin.

That's a great link though and I'm glad it solved it the problem.

In a way it does make sense Kernelbase.dll is what Windows uses to keep games functioning properly if it breaks then some game functions will stop working but the majority of the game will still work as intended.

If they downloaded their game from Origin as of patch 1.69 they still get the Store Content Patch and it will be found in the games install directory in Program Files. I think it gets downloaded and placed in the install directory even if you're just updating the game from 1.67 to 1.69 but can't remember.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • SmashyVampySmashyVampy Posts: 4 New Member
    I have no idea how to start a new thread but this title fits my problem. I bought some items earlier and installed them successfully but now for some reason I cant buy anything. It asks me if I want to buy, I click yes and then it says loading and nothing happens! Any help would be appreciated x
  • SmashyVampySmashyVampy Posts: 4 New Member
    Just a heads up that this seems to have resolved itself, must of been the sites issue.
  • Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    Hi. I'm trying to buy from store and it just keeps loading and not going through. Anyone know of a fix? Thanks
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Just try again later @Lilia1971 or try logging out and back in again or use a different browser. Some things are just temperamental and will fix themselves later without any action on your part.
  • spongebob1245spongebob1245 Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm not sure where to post this so I'm just gonna post it here I recently downloaded the sims 3 and everything works but when I try to download stuff from exchange or get cc it says unknown error has occured