July 8 - A patch for The Sims 4 is ready for you to install it! Check the patch notes out here.

Things builders do that annoys you?

Comments

  • BigGunsBarbieBigGunsBarbie Posts: 45 Member
    As someone who loves to build and decorate, these comments were super helpful!
    Please check out my new YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMIeJjT7hvx6I2gmSJT89w?
  • Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    1. When stuff are too spaced out, It looks weird
    2. When they don't change the lights to white so the preview looks bad
    3. When they show the preview at nighttime
    4. When it's too cluttered
    5. When literally everything in the house/room is cc
    6. When they add too many extra rooms

    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

    HC9IknO.png

  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 951 Member
    I am curious if individuals having trouble placing the toilet tissue are building with the walls up. With #MOO on, walls up select SIMS 3 camera, push the scroll ball to tilt camera to being at SIM eye level instead of looking down, hold down the right mouse button to “drive” into the room from the opposing side of the room of where you want the t.p., select the t.p. Roll from catalog and then holding down alt you should be able to place it anywhere you like on the wall. Alternatively for really small bathrooms unpainted you can place it from top (camera in the cube shape for looking down) with walls up. I like to put it a little bit back from the seam between wall panels wee bit above the low fastener holes.

    Hopefully that makes at least some sense.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,072 Member
    edited July 2018

    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Or download it - check it out and if you don't like it - delete it. That's what I do.

    this ;)
    Origin ID


  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,072 Member
    Nking wrote: »
    Sims 4 build is so different to sims 3, I don't have Sims 3 installed right now, have soooo much fun with sims 4, but going to have a serious laugh when I try to build in Sims 3 like on Sims 4. haha.

    building in the sims 3 is soooooooo easy though.

    practice makes perfect ;)
    Origin ID


  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,072 Member
    Joey_XuX wrote: »
    1. When stuff are too spaced out, It looks weird
    2. When they don't change the lights to white so the preview looks bad
    3. When they show the preview at nighttime
    4. When it's too cluttered
    5. When literally everything in the house/room is cc
    6. When they add too many extra rooms

    I don't download until I see screenshots, maybe you should to.


    Origin ID


  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,109 Member
    I like to download Gallery houses to a very large lot sometimes just to take a look around and get tips. There's no way I can manage a family in a Palace but some of these builds are examples of pure art and workmanship whatever moos, mods, or cc they use. They may miss out a door or toilet paper holder sometimes but I don't care.

    I just sit in front of my laptop, admire and ask myself "why can't I do that" and then go back to my own small houses where my families can live happy lives.


  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,144 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    not adding laundry rooms,we all know we need it and they r in most homes but they r never in the houses in gallery

    very few houses IRL in England have laundry rooms, only the rich and very large houses. most have their washing machine and dryer in the kitchen. or maybe a small shed. attached to the house. in sims I put mine in the kitchen. you don't need a whole room for a washing machine.

    How odd! In Australia I have never actually been in a house that didn't have a separate laundry room. I need my space to do my laundry! If I can't spread my folding over a three square feet of room, is it even worth doing?!

    we fold sheets and large items in the hall way. or once dried on the line, fold it in the garden. Pity sims don't actually fold their clothes.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,072 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I like to download Gallery houses to a very large lot sometimes just to take a look around and get tips. There's no way I can manage a family in a Palace but some of these builds are examples of pure art and workmanship whatever moos, mods, or cc they use. They may miss out a door or toilet paper holder sometimes but I don't care.

    I just sit in front of my laptop, admire and ask myself "why can't I do that" and then go back to my own small houses where my families can live happy lives.


    agree.

    I use to always do that in my early building for the sims 3.
    the whole toilet paper issue people post though :o:#

    I am so grateful to the builder.

    its not easy building. and it takes a lot of hard work, dedication to create some amazing lots. spending hours. and kind enough to share it.

    Origin ID


  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,109 Member
    edited July 2018
    kemisz wrote: »
    not adding laundry rooms,we all know we need it and they r in most homes but they r never in the houses in gallery

    very few houses IRL in England have laundry rooms, only the rich and very large houses. most have their washing machine and dryer in the kitchen. or maybe a small shed. attached to the house. in sims I put mine in the kitchen. you don't need a whole room for a washing machine.

    How odd! In Australia I have never actually been in a house that didn't have a separate laundry room. I need my space to do my laundry! If I can't spread my folding over a three square feet of room, is it even worth doing?!

    we fold sheets and large items in the hall way. or once dried on the line, fold it in the garden. Pity sims don't actually fold their clothes.


    In the UK one has to make sacrifices for being right in the centre of the city in a small flat in a historic "conservation area" that one has to have permission to change anything in and also could not swing a cat in as the saying goes! I end up ironing in front of the TV in the lounge. We prize and guard with fences any small garden spaces we have. We are getting expert in fitting everything into a small space though. I'd love to see some Japanese builds as a lot of them have small spaces to live in too.

    They are very lucky to have loads of space in Australia but they also have huge spiders. I have always wanted to visit it in spite of them someday though.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 561 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I like to download Gallery houses to a very large lot sometimes just to take a look around and get tips. There's no way I can manage a family in a Palace but some of these builds are examples of pure art and workmanship whatever moos, mods, or cc they use. They may miss out a door or toilet paper holder sometimes but I don't care.

    I just sit in front of my laptop, admire and ask myself "why can't I do that" and then go back to my own small houses where my families can live happy lives.


    I do the same thing! There are so many truly incredible builds on the gallery. Sometimes I'll keep a big, complicated build and turn it into something my sims can use. Once I downloaded this HUGE kind of creepy castle/mansion (I wish I could remember the creator to give them props here, but I can't locate it again now). I liked it so much that I turned it into a bar or nightclub (can't remember that either; I lost that save) and it was a great place for my sims to have parties. Every sim in town would show up and I seem to remember that it might have gotten a little laggy when they did, but just for an occasional visit, it was worth it! :smiley:
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 3,847 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    PapayaSky wrote: »
    So. Many. Lights! Multiple on the ceiling, every table, on the floors, all over the walls! I know money will soon grow from trees, but some otherwise awesome builders take it too far.

    to be honest I don't use too many lights but the lighting is so poor indoors for this game to the point where I am forced to use mods to improve it. saying that. depending on the size of a room i do use a total
    2 ceiling lamps
    2 table tamps
    1 floor lamp
    2 wall lamps

    in say a medium sized lounge with a fireplace.


    you need just as much windows to otherwise its dark indoors

    I think one issue with this is that I can HEAR let's players say "this is SOO DARK NEED MORE LIGHTS" as soon as they start a game, and to me it's realistic lighting.
    Let's face it, if these houses were IRL, they would be brighter than a forensic surgery table.
    Not sure what their deal is, if they're afraid the stream will not be visible enough, or if they genuinely think that looks good.
    Personally I decorate with light and shadow. Contrasts. A bright living room is a no go for me. Mood lighting, reading lights... that's the way to go.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 16,322 Member
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned but lots that are so crowded that sims have almost no way of walking around and socializing. I've been looking for a 20x15 bar for the last 30 minutes and every last one is crammed to the gills with stuff. :p
    One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,109 Member
    I've just taken all of my lots off the Gallery as I looked at them just now and asked myself "Where are the Conservatories. Where are the Greenhouses?" I doubt if I'll upload any more. How can I get to remove followers from my account?
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 300 Member
    I really don't like moveobjects used in builds. :(
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,784 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've just taken all of my lots off the Gallery as I looked at them just now and asked myself "Where are the Conservatories. Where are the Greenhouses?" I doubt if I'll upload any more. How can I get to remove followers from my account?

    I don't think you can @Simburian Why do you want to be off the gallery?
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,059 Member
    As someone who loves to build and decorate, these comments were super helpful!

    I agree. I love creating a lot of open floor plans and floors that flow well.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,109 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've just taken all of my lots off the Gallery as I looked at them just now and asked myself "Where are the Conservatories. Where are the Greenhouses?" I doubt if I'll upload any more. How can I get to remove followers from my account?

    I don't think you can @Simburian Why do you want to be off the gallery?

    I've still got one on there! I was using the Gallery to transfer houses between laptops (easier than moving Trays) and in the meantime got over 7000 downloads but now I've got my gaming laptop there is no need. I now backup to Microsoft Cloud as an alternative as I have loads of space on it and it never fails to connect unlike the Gallery.

    Not worth putting on either if you are going to get threads like this.

  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,784 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've just taken all of my lots off the Gallery as I looked at them just now and asked myself "Where are the Conservatories. Where are the Greenhouses?" I doubt if I'll upload any more. How can I get to remove followers from my account?

    I don't think you can @Simburian Why do you want to be off the gallery?

    I've still got one on there! I was using the Gallery to transfer houses between laptops (easier than moving Trays) and in the meantime got over 7000 downloads but now I've got my gaming laptop there is no need. I now backup to Microsoft Cloud as an alternative as I have loads of space on it and it never fails to connect unlike the Gallery.

    Not worth putting on either if you are going to get threads like this.

    @Simburian This thread wasn't meant to discourage sharing, just a little fun to see if we share the same pet peeves. I built every home myself in TS3 but now I almost only use the gallery. There are some really great builds. It just seems like I have to change the same things all the time. I'd love to check out your builds, 7k downloads makes me curious.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 265 Member
    Mine is when a build is not playtested before it goes on the gallery. Example, I downloaded an Asian theme restaurant to go into New Crest. It is lovely inside and everything looks fine but behind some of the chairs is a folding screen and it looks like enough space for a sim to still walk by to get to their seats well my sim jumped from one place and then suddenly jumped into her seat but when she went to leave she couldn't get out! lol, I had to move the screen so she could leave. I then had to move 12 other screens to make sure other sims can leave!
    Playtesting can take less than 5 minutes to do!!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,109 Member
    edited July 2018
    @ikiamyetta No problem, but I keep seeing things that I want to improve on like putting traits in etc., and don't want to keep over riding saves and putting on the Gallery again. I build uk suburbs and old Tudor.

    I only left one old empty British semi-detached lot on from years ago when I was experimenting with a family.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,784 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    @ikiamyetta No problem, but I keep seeing things that I want to improve on like putting traits in etc., and don't want to keep over riding saves and putting on the Gallery again. I build uk suburbs and old Tudor.

    I only left one old empty British semi-detached lot on from years ago when I was experimenting with a family. Not sure if this link works though

    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EF4F6B0A343311E88F01F880C0D922AF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=mcwaverley4&max=50&maxis=false

    It looks really good.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Calling a build a 'Starter Home' and it costs 30,000 to move in.

    Or even a starter restaurant for the same price.

    My Sims are not made of money!
    giphy.gif
    AWWWW YIBS!
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Calling a build a 'Starter Home' and it costs 30,000 to move in.

    Or even a starter restaurant for the same price.

    My Sims are not made of money!

    If you start with eight Sims you have 32.000 in your pocket, if I remember it correctly. So minus Lot Cost, a starter yould be up to 28.500 and still be a "starter", but for more Sims. ;)
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

    Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,109 Member
    edited July 2018
    jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »
    Calling a build a 'Starter Home' and it costs 30,000 to move in.

    Or even a starter restaurant for the same price.

    My Sims are not made of money!

    If you start with eight Sims you have 32.000 in your pocket, if I remember it correctly. So minus Lot Cost, a starter yould be up to 28.500 and still be a "starter", but for more Sims. ;)

    I move in a Sim to a cheap lot and get him to add his neighbours! It doesn't matter if they are poor or not. I click on the next door houses in his group area and choose to move a neighbour in from the Gallery. I always choose to move one of my own families from My Library and they have the house and haven't paid for it!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top