Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitch when curing plantsims!?

So my sim graduated from Uni and moved back to the home neighborhood. She then invited her plantsim boyfriend over for a visit (Shea Hollis from the Uni neighborhood). She tried to cure him of his "affliction" by dousing him with some potent cure elixir. It took two tries, but a pop up message notified her that he was cured. Then I added him to the active family so that he would be a permanent resident in the town. When I did, I noticed that his bladder and hunger needs were still wrapped in vines, and that he still has a water need instead of a hygiene need. The needs, however, changed slowly from plantsim blue to green. Also, he no longer left a trail of flowers behind him, and he no longer had any of the special interactions. He couldn't sleep, shower, or woohoo though. Almost like he's stuck in an in-between state:(

So, I exited to the main menu without saving and tried to cure him again by sending him to the science facility. When he came out, I wasn't charged the $3,000, although he was partially cured like before.

I've given the cures a full sim day to take hold, but no luck so far. Does it just take a while? Any one else have this issue? I guess the only way to get him to be human is to cheat and change him in CAS to human before I attempt any cures on him (once he is in this in-between state, there is no cheat option to edit him in CAS). I just wanted to see him change in-game instead of...cheating.

Oh, and I have no cc or mods.

Comments

• Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anyone had this problem?

Or, anyone successfully cure a plantsim via potent cure or by visiting the science lab? If so, did it work rather immediately for you?
  • Options
    SimtelligentSimtelligent Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have this same problem but in reverse!
    I have a new sim that I'm trying to turn into a plantsim. He ate the forbidden fruit, received the appropriate moodlet and when its time ran out the sim got the action to "transform into plantsim". The problem is that after he stood there stuck for about six sim hours I reset him since this was an obvious glitch. All resetting him did was un-stick him and give him plantsim clothes & hair and vine covered motives. The problem is that this is a partial transformation as he doesn't have any plantsim abilities nor the appropriate skin color. He's now some type of half breed that doesn't work right.

Then the game wouldn't let me save. No error message or anything. I simply clicked save (and later save & quit) but the game immediately went back to running without any type of save happening so I had to manually shut the game down with task manager. This happened again with a brand new game so I'm not even sure that family was saved to my bin.

I also have this problem for one of my vampire sims. Lately he hasn't had the option to bite anyone so I thought I'd fix that by curing him then making him a vampire again. His witch wife threw potent cure at him and although it changed his appearance his thirst remains in the motive panel, but as a human he can't access plasma juice from the fridge and eating plasma fruit makes him sick but human food does nothing to fill the bar. I exited without saving and tried to cure him via the "forsake vampirism" opportunity which had him leave the vault after a few sim hours with the same unusable half breed/incomplete transformation results.

I don't have CC either, resetting the sim doesn't work, neither does fiddling with "testingcheatsenabled true." It's a big problem since it's in more than one of my saved games. Does anyone have any clue as to where this broken life state change problem comes from?
  • Options
    PlaysWayTooMuchSims4PlaysWayTooMuchSims4 Posts: 1 New Member
    I had a similar half breed problem when I used cheats to make a sim into a plantsim. She just looked like a plantsim, but had no special effects, and nothing has changed her back, not cheats or the normal way of doing it.
    I can't keep her as a plantsim, and I've been using cheats to keep her alive, but I accidentally saved afterwards so I can't reverse it. I have no mods, and I need help before I accidentally kill her!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    @PlaysWayTooMuchSims4
    I had a similar half breed problem when I used cheats to make a sim into a plantsim. She just looked like a plantsim, but had no special effects, and nothing has changed her back, not cheats or the normal way of doing it.
    I can't keep her as a plantsim, and I've been using cheats to keep her alive, but I accidentally saved afterwards so I can't reverse it. I have no mods, and I need help before I accidentally kill her!

@playswaytoomuchsims4, Not sure which Sims game you're playing but I'm guessing it TS4 going by your name. So you might be better off asking over in The Sims 4 section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2013 asking about TS3 plantsims.

Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    On the mod front, NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats module) can probably help by removing the PlantSim occult state, or putting it back again if that is what was wanted, and then MC Resetting the sim.

Without mods, and with no other way to revert to a prior save from before this happened, there probably isn't much you can do except re-create the sim as a human and replace them I'm afraid.

Edit:
    Oh, whoops. Thanks @lisasc360 - didn't even occur to me that this might be a TS4 question on a TS3 message board thread.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited July 2018
    You're welcome @igazor... :) At least that's what I'm thinking giving that they have Sims4 in their user name... :)
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hopefully, the direction from @igazor and @lisasc360 helps. That said, this thread's a bit old so I am going to close it. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top